Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your original post which I responded to was

Now you put yourself forward as someone who's fairly close to the business, so, on the assumption that's true, you know how the system works. Players will join the best club for them, which is based on a combination of money and their ambitions.

If players can go to a club where they see a short term benefit and clubs can offer European football, then that's where they'll go. Chanxes are they'll move on within three or four years.

Of the realistic targets that we've actually been in for, there's really only Sissoko we've missed out on. The likes of Witsel, Mata and Carvalho were always long shots.

For sure, the end to the window has been disappointing, but we didn't seem to be really interested in the likes of Bony and Hart. We could, and should have done better, but when someone who professes to be a professional in or around this area comes up with words and phrases like "disaster" and "complete shambles" then please don't expect me to take you too seriously.

Of players worth noting, Howard, Hibbert, Osman, Pienaar and Stones have left the club. Hibbert, Osman abd Pienaar barely featured last year.

Howard's been replaced by the Dutch keeper who I can't spell, which at first glance seems to be an upgrade.

Stones has been replaced by Williams. Undoubtedly Stones is the more talented footballer but William is probably a better fit for us as a team.

Gana has been added and, again at first glance appears to be a good addition.
I'm on the fence with Bolassie.

Holgate's coming through and Davies and perhaps one or two others as well.

Overall, the squad's probably improved from the end of last season. We've missed out on targets which would have improved us more, but our recent league positions mean we're negogiating with one hand tied behind our back.

What I see is a disappointing end to a window which, with a couple of other signings would have been a pretty good one, but if you want to still want to call it a disgrace then go right ahead and fume.
The signing we have made won't push us on in the style that it's been proposed all summer, never be the the same, the fanfare, the promises... Still barely any creativity, and no decent back up striker. Disgrace is a strong word, but certainly more than disappointing. Teams above us has strengthened better than we have. Just have to pray we stay injury free to even be in competition for european spots. Even lost Stones :(

Wonder if a few are questioning the "project".

Lukaku must be cursing his luck he has to stay here
Why would he be cursing his luck, we have a much better squad than last September and have started the season very well. We actually have bought a few very good players, projects take time Koeman has even said 2 years projects don't happen over night.

The signing we have made won't push us on in the style that it's been proposed all summer, never be the the same, the fanfare, the promises... Still barely any creativity, and no decent back up striker. Disgrace is a strong word, but certainly more than disappointing. Teams above us has strengthened better than we have. Just have to pray we stay injury free to even be in competition for european spots.

Again....promised by who? Moshiri? Got a link to the source?

It's clear we failed to achieve our main targets, we even failed to get the players next on the list.
I don't believe we were in for Sissoko until today after it become clear our others targets had no intention to come.
Agents talk to each other and Sissokos agent obviously knew we were desperate to get someone in as we had failed with our main targets.
His job was to make us bid to put the pressure on Spurs to stop messing around and meet Newcastles price.
We were played by Sissoko's agent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back