Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't really understand why people are pinning this farce solely on Kenwright and Elstone. Like it or not, Moshiri is the main man at Everton and he's failed his first real test. Arguably second if you count not sacking Martinez before Wembley.

If Payet isn't fit/doesn't find form mate, West Ham will do nothing this year.

Leicester - remains to be seen. I take it they've signed Slimani, but not Silva yet?

And if likely does the same mate we wont do f all either, can't discount for a player whilst analysing us against them.

I detest the way my generation is with football, no love of the game at all, no passion and no singing

Just want to measure their net spends and compare it with their badly virgin mates and go on jarg protests to express their anger at never seeing a lady naked in real life
I bet you all have them badly bang on quiffs

We're not a big ship mate. I have remained optimistic all along but to have a negative spend in the first window under both our new 'billionaire' owner and big TV money is nothing short of a disgrace. We've been had by Billy Liar again.
I don't think until we are top six that it is going to be easy to get who we want, when we want them. Spurs are currently a more attractive proposition for a player who would prefer London to Southport and play CL football. They are not supporters and want the cash and glamour. It will take time. Martinez shattered the respectability Moyes had built and our new set up will have to rebuild that over more than three games. We are still stronger than we were before this window.

I'm gutted about Bony. Would've been a great addition. It was him or Lukaku a few years back...now Bony has gone to Stoke. Such a waste.

Worst thing about today is that it fuels the doom-merchants and gives them an "I told you so mandate".
In reality, it's clear that we've tried and failed to spend a shed load of money. Even if we'd just signed Sissoko, who seemingly royally screwed us over - we'd have had a £30m positive spend and people would be feeling a bit different about things.

I'm not going to pretend I'm not disappointed. My hopes were raised massively by the names we have been linked with - with seemingly concrete evidence that we were genuinely "in" for a a lot of them. But my overriding feeling is that we over-reached and aimed to high given where Martinez had left us, and we left it too late to then fall back on "plan b" targets.

I do partly wonder if the start we've had to the season has also changed things. Holgate and Stekelenberg have emerged as very capable players in the first team - when we've spend all summer thinking we need to address RB and GK. Mirallas looks like a man possessed, leaner and fitter and full of energy - playing Koeman's pressing game perfectly.

Valencia is a slight upgrade on Kone and Niasse - who knows what sort of tune Koeman might be able to get out of him. He made Shane Long look like a world beater last season when we all know deep down he's bang average.

The big question is what happens in January. First priority is a change in approach - we need to do business early, and we need to not let Kenwright anywhere near any of it.
Secondly, we need to be realistic and chase targets who will improve but who aren't way out of our reach. A lot of that will depend on where we are in the league come 1st Jan. I'd give Koeman every chance of having us top 7 at that point - in which case we look a genuine proposition - particularly if we have stadium news by then.

Anyway. Crap day. Really crap. But not the end of the world.

We are basically a negotiating tool for other clubs. Gabbiadini, Arnautovic, Witsel, Sissoko and others flirt with us knowing we are loaded just to get a better deal for themselves elsewhere.

We"ve been used worse than @bizzaro "s mars mouth
We are not loaded though. It's a myth invented by a few Blues and it's got out of control.

Stoke have more money than us ffs.

We are basically a negotiating tool for other clubs. Gabbiadini, Arnautovic, Witsel, Sissoko and others flirt with us knowing we are loaded just to get a better deal for themselves elsewhere.

We"ve been used worse than @bizzaro "s mars mouth
We are not loaded though. It's a myth invented by a few Blues and it's got out of control.

Stoke have more money than us ffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back