Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't we sign 5 first team players with only 1 leaving

Don't get the level of negativity.

It's a slow rebuild. We got rich 2 years too late. Every club has money now

Sure we didn't get the marquee signings but we are hardly a premium brand at the minute after three years of Martinez

And we dodged a very expensive bullet with sissoko

If we'd have signed Valencia and the young lad we got today at the start of the window, and then got Stekelenberg, Gueuye, Bolasie and Williams today, I think people would be a little happier, but to be honest not a lot happier. But signing next to no one on deadline day leaves you feeling weirdly deflated no matter what other business you've done.

We've improved the team and the squad, no doubt, but we definitely needed at least one striker if not two. Hopefully not signing another midfielder or defender allows some of the kids to get some appearances, but we shouldn't have be relying on them.

Personally I believe we did try to sign decent players and had the money to do so.

I think most of these players just didn't want to come to everton. After the shambles that Martinez left us in many will see us as a team on the decline. We have to get back into the top 8 at least for us to have a reasonable chance of signing some quality players.

Having said that it's the boards job to convince these players that everton now have the funds and ambition to match the top teams in the league. But as long as Kenwright and Co are involved I don't have any confidence everton can be efficient in the transfer window. I just hope Moshiri has learnt some valuable lessons during this window.

Anyway now all the madness is over I'm off to bed. Hopefully I don't have any nightmares of signing West ham rejects.

I realise we've had a better transfer windows compared to ones in recent years, but this just feels worse. The expectations were so high... Mata, Witsel, Kouliblabby, Carvahlo, Kone etc. £100m was meant to be a low estimate of what we were likely going to spend. And we end it like this. What a [Poor language removed] disappointment.
It's a bitter disappointment, yet it's coupled to a relatively goods start in the league anda decent squad who could do with a few additions.

I thought we might have pulled out an ace but we will fight on.

And yet at the same time, I think questions should be asked.

Cheers, Terry.

Worst thing about today is that it fuels the doom-merchants and gives them an "I told you so mandate".
In reality, it's clear that we've tried and failed to spend a shed load of money. Even if we'd just signed Sissoko, who seemingly royally screwed us over - we'd have had a £30m positive spend and people would be feeling a bit different about things.

I'm not going to pretend I'm not disappointed. My hopes were raised massively by the names we have been linked with - with seemingly concrete evidence that we were genuinely "in" for a a lot of them. But my overriding feeling is that we over-reached and aimed to high given where Martinez had left us, and we left it too late to then fall back on "plan b" targets.

I do partly wonder if the start we've had to the season has also changed things. Holgate and Stekelenberg have emerged as very capable players in the first team - when we've spend all summer thinking we need to address RB and GK. Mirallas looks like a man possessed, leaner and fitter and full of energy - playing Koeman's pressing game perfectly.

Valencia is a slight upgrade on Kone and Niasse - who knows what sort of tune Koeman might be able to get out of him. He made Shane Long look like a world beater last season when we all know deep down he's bang average.

The big question is what happens in January. First priority is a change in approach - we need to do business early, and we need to not let Kenwright anywhere near any of it.
Secondly, we need to be realistic and chase targets who will improve but who aren't way out of our reach. A lot of that will depend on where we are in the league come 1st Jan. I'd give Koeman every chance of having us top 7 at that point - in which case we look a genuine proposition - particularly if we have stadium news by then.

Anyway. Crap day. Really crap. But not the end of the world.
Great post I totally agree.

I for one am pleased we got Stekelenburg, improvement on Howard. Does what it says on the tin.

Izzi Gana had been second to none.

Kante who? Gana is quality.

Bolasie: Was unsure of at first but if he gives 100% we will be behind him.

Trust in Koeman trust in Walsh, although he did say we are anxious for more signings we have to trust Moshiri and keep faith.

We can not spend 100 million every year as we will be bankrupt in a few years. Allow Steve Walsh to focus on the up coming months and strengthen in Jan.

Was this window a bridge to far? Possibly

I think Valencia will do well under us, hopefully he proves people wrong. We play totally a different style of football to West Ham, who I do think are a basic football side, who's got HOOF ball in their DNA.

Williams is a great leader, who is willing to give his all.

We don't need people who do not wish to be apart of our club. We need to be unified and act like a family, maybe if we backed the team more we could do better on the pitch.

I hope questions are asked and maybe have a look at transfer strategy, if blues protest that's fine just hope Moshiri is not dragged into it yet.

Forever Everton.

Like a lot of people have already said, we didnt show any statement of intent, damp squib, we should already done our business, I blame Elstone and cantdoanythingright. The only other thing now is will they show a statement of intent regarding the stadium?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back