Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone with any hope left - I think the absolute latest a deal can be finished is 1am, so if a deal was in progress, it might still happen.

Agree but let me put it this way...

If we signed 4 boss players today, would people be praising Kenwright and Elstone to the hilt for their negotiating work.

Moshiri is the main man and whatever has happened has happened on his watch. If its the failings of other people they need to be removed.

I just don't know that it's fair for people with no knowledge of the inner workings of our organisation (or lack of) to automatically assume everything good = Moshiri and everything bad = Kenwright.
Well to be fair, Moshiri is getting a lot of stick as well. The 'warchest' fiasco etc etc.

Never mind anyway it's done now.

Coyb

The signing we have made won't push us on in the style that it's been proposed all summer, never be the the same, the fanfare, the promises... Still barely any creativity, and no decent back up striker. Disgrace is a strong word, but certainly more than disappointing. Teams above us has strengthened better than we have. Just have to pray we stay injury free to even be in competition for european spots. Even lost Stones :(

The lack of a backup striker would be my main concern tbh. To be fair, the fanfare and the promises came more from twitter and the like than from the club.

Without doubt, mistakes have been made, and I suspect the main one was due to a lack of pragmatism so we'll have wasted time and effort chasing Miss World when we should have been chasing Miss Wales ( unless she won Miss World anyway ).

It'll take time to turn it round to make us more attractive to players and some non-playing personnel at the club will likely be looking over their shoulders, but anyone who calls it a disaster is away with the fairies.

Or maybe... Mosh has played a blinder. Threw Kenwright and Elstone in the deep end of the pool for the first time ever and they sunk straight to the bottom with everyone watching. Now it's easy to bin them both off and even the happy clappers won't mind.

I'm about 50% serious with this.

We have played Spurs in the first game were they weren't on it, Stoke (before Bony) at home and West Brom away.

It's a good start but frankly I would have expected 7 points from those 3 games.

You can't be serious

You looked at how the squad performed over the last 2 years add some complaints that we haven't signed anybody and you "expected" 7 points......OK then :coffee:

What is most concerning is we have failed to strengthen the squad in creativity . There simply is no creativity in midfield . We have no one to assist or replace Lukaku , just two exceptionally poor and similar 'strikers'. Lukaku needs to find his shooting boots soon ,it's going to be a long haul to 40points again. Expect we'll get plenty of draws though.

The more I hear, the more I'm glad we didn't get him. Merson has just totally dissed him. We shouldn't of gone for him, in the first place. We should of just come out and said sorry we couldn't get the deals we wanted done.
I wanted him and also I'm beginning to think the same.

The way he didn't even return Koeman's call is a bad move. 30m is too much to risk on that kind of character. There's a reason Newcastle went down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back