Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
All in all a very disappointing window showing that we have no desire to rescue his league campaign at all (unless there's some last minute deals going through under the wire and I'll take it all back)
Out of the players who have moved this window who would you have preferred we sign?

I'd would have liked Austin and Bryam but one seems like his heart was set on S'ton and the other we tried for and wanted first team football. Other than that, can't see any that have moved that fitted in with our needs but perhaps am missing something?

http://www.squawka.com/news/january...t-of-every-premier-league-deal-in-2016/588059

you going to have a cry now lad, or do I have to go elsewhere for my soap drama

@Boss_Blue texted me saying the lad we were supposed to be in for on loan was Alessandro Murgia, loan to buy as Roberto really rates him.
Was going to be dependent on Gibbo leaving on loan, but decided we wanted him anyway.
Left it too late though, didn't file the paperwork in time.

Quit the crap, it's tedious.

@Boss_Blue texted me saying the lad we were supposed to be in for on loan was Alessandro Murgia, loan to buy as Roberto really rates him.
Was going to be dependent on Gibbo leaving on loan, but decided we wanted him anyway.
Whooooooooooooooooooooo?! Not bothered about missing the boat on that one to be fair!

Shame, I know feck all about him but his name sounds exciting ha ha

CaKiDawWQAAgy92.jpg:large

23 million spent. Make of that what you will.

Out of the players who have moved this window who would you have preferred we sign?

I'd would have liked Austin and Bryam but one seems like his heart was set on S'ton and the other we tried for and wanted first team football. Other than that, can't see any that have moved that fitted in with our needs but perhaps am missing something?

http://www.squawka.com/news/january...t-of-every-premier-league-deal-in-2016/588059

Doesn't mean they were the only players available. We had an opportunity to address the weaknesses in our team. I don't feel we did that in this window. First of all is this guy going to even play? If he does, and he's starting, that means he'll probably be on the left. Will he be a better option there than Mirallas even? Difficult to say at this point. Can see this making sense if Lukaku going in the summer, but if that is the case then money would be available to make signings in other areas of the team.

Doesn't mean they were the only players available. We had an opportunity to address the weaknesses in our team. I don't feel we did that in this window. First of all is this guy going to even play? If he does, and he's starting, that means he'll probably be on the left. Will he be a better option there than Mirallas even? Difficult to say at this point. Can see this making sense if Lukaku going in the summer, but if that is the case then money would be available to make signings in other areas of the team.
But a lot of players just aren't available this window, like good goalkeepers which is one of the areas we all agree needs improvement.

We've needed a backup striker for Rom for ages and that is doubly so Naismith has gone, unless you are happy with Kone/Kev playing there if Rom pulls his hamstring? We've got an amazing amount of game time out of him but he needs a rest - even if just for 10 mins at the end of a game.

He's a different player.

We obviously need a back up striker for if Rom gets injured. Kone doesn't cut it.

We've also been playing a different style in that Rom looks at his best when he has a forward playing out left who likes to cut inside. Kone has been filling this role but again, isn't up to it (for 90 mins) against better sides than Villa or Sunderland...

Hence, this signing of Niasse makes sense, as it kills two birds with one stone, so to speak.

Other areas of our team that need strengthening?

Right back - we went for Byram, he chose West Ham. We've got Coleman back fit now and Oviedo can play there if needed. Can address that in the summer as there's no rush.

Goalkeeper - this would have been nice, but as I've mentioned before in a post to you, any keeper worth their salt is not going to move in January. The answer is - in the short term at least - to drop Howard and get Joel in. Hopefully Martinez does see sense on this... hopefully.

Other than that, we've got more than enough numbers for every other position. As good a window as anyone could have expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back