Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Windows like this just prove how low our collective expectations are. We are having a poor season and we have responded by shifting one backup striker out and getting a slightly better one (hopefully) in. Yes it's ok, he's probably a good player, we didn't sell anyone, but where's the ambition to climb the table? There is none. The board let a few coins slip out the purse (clearly with the tV money and the spending of teams like Stoke and Newcastle, 13 mill is obv not that much anymore) and most people are happy. Maybe Phil Neville was right.

Stoke have spent £4mil more than us this window mate. £4mil.

As for Newcastle, they've had to bring in a load of players that were not first teamers at their clubs (bar Saivet) in the hope of staving off relegation.

As for Newcastle, they've had to bring in a load of players that were not first teamers at their clubs (bar Saivet) in the hope of staving off relegation.

My general point though was that 13 mill relatively is not that much in the new to deal world, you can see that by what other bottom half teams are spending. We are 12th and spent a little bit of money on a player who mayor even be a regular starter and people are made up with that window. I don't see why.

Windows like this just prove how low our collective expectations are. We are having a poor season and we have responded by shifting one backup striker out and getting a slightly better one (hopefully) in. Yes it's ok, he's probably a good player, we didn't sell anyone, but where's the ambition to climb the table? There is none. The board let a few coins slip out the purse (clearly with the tV money and the spending of teams like Stoke and Newcastle, 13 mill is obv not that much anymore) and most people are happy. Maybe Phil Neville was right.
this window has been a shambles, not for Everyon but for Sky
Nobody has really bought, it is becoming more apparent this window is not a good time to buy
We have got a player that improves our squad and can play across a few positions....
A good signing

open-uri20150422-20810-11ej849_779819a7.jpeg

Were only 8 points from 5th....or
Were only 8 points from relegation territory.
Hope your right mate, I love positivity but if we loose to the strengthened Newcastle next game would you start to worry then ?
My gripe has nothing to do with El Bob's transfer dealings, He's actually been rather good on that front. My concern is how he plays them.

this window has been a shambles, not for Everyon but for Sky
Nobody has really bought, it is becoming more apparent this window is not a good time to buy
We have got a player that improves our squad and can play across a few positions....
A good signing

Its funny, Sky send people all over the place hoping for deals and when the camera goes over half of them are stood in a car park in the dark with nowt going on haha

Thing is we didn't need to spend much, we allready have a squad much better then the likes of Newcastle and many other sides including a few above us, possibly also Stoke (debatable maybe), what we don't have is a winning game plan once the players take to the field.

Thing is we didn't need to spend much, we allready have a squad much better then the likes of Newcastle and many other sides including a few above us, possibly also Stoke (debatable maybe), what we don't have is a winning game plan once the players take to the field.

On paper we should beat Stoke 3-0. Not lose 4-3.

"I started to watch Everton more since the beginning of October because I had heard about their interest," said Niasse.

"I was interested to see how they play. If you see players who are aged 20 or 21 and see them perform like that, you know you have a good coach."

Or how utterly unrealistic some of our fans expectations are for the January window.

You for instance seem to think that is not only the next De Gea available, affordable and willing to come to Goodison but that he would be able to perform right from the start and make saves that see us leap up the table.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back