Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I'm being honest, got no idea how good this lad is. What I do know is that we aren't man city, Chelsea etc and if we lay out 13 million quid, there is something there worth 13 million quid. We have an amazing squad that for whatever reason has completely underperformed so far this year. Bobby may be to blame but so are many of the players too. A manager tells a squad how to play, they try to do that, if a back four like we have can't should we not ask why first nstead of calling for a new manager? I like Bobby and the way he has us playing, its exciting and when we break fast, always feel like a chance we can of score. This season has been awful, result wise, so far but the performances havent. Think theres a few jigsaw pieces to come yet and im happy to wait for them. This new guy turns out to be as good a signing as Mori, im in.

Made stuff up? Pushed out wide to accomodate jags? Coleman was fit.... So why wasn't he dropped? If you can't see that his defensive weaknesses are not improving and you can't see how Martinez defends him blindly then your watching the wrong sport IMO... Jags is good in the air so is mori..... Stones has played with both and we conceded of crosses and corners more than we did when Walter smith was here... If the other two cb are good in the air.... Why would you not play them if your so weak at corners and crosses? I love watching stones strolling out of defence... But I hate the fact that his over confidence or over playing is costing us ... Like Barkley.... His decision making needs to improve ...AND ITS NOT! But when Barkley gets it wrong the result is a missed chance... Stones does it? It's a goal? So it needs to be addressed we are scoring goals while Barkley is learning so we can afford him a bit of time... We cannot afford to let stones decisions to cost us goals that cost us games..... Just so he can "learn" and improve just so he can FCUK off to Chelsea or man city in the summer. What's the point in that? The fact that he has been playing every game no matter what... Suggest to me that he is being told to play like that... And the fact he's not improving tells me that he is unable to learn ( which I think is false) or , that Martinez can't catch him to be better... Martinez is the problem here... Which takes me back to my original statement of " I agree with Merson" he had exactly the same problem at Wigan... Remember having Titus bramble and Caldwell at the back? And they are trying to play like barca and pass the ball around their own area... It cost them their place in the prem.... Then he left them... He has no idea how to set up a good defence ... His goals conceded ratio is shocking at both clubs .... And that would suggest he cannot improve defenders "defending"
Quite a bit of fume based on your own suppositions. Think we've finally beaten thermodynamics and found our perpetual motion machine based on fumes.

I wouldnt take the word of the media as gospel if I were you.

And for the record, ive never claimed to be ITK, ive stated that on numerous occasions.

I certainly don't and am not the type that would. Following the reports from the Besic injury onwards and how it has actually transpired, I don't see any real reason to doubt the reports.

Just checked up on that mattioni, still hasnt reached 50 games at 27, how the hell did he grab a contract out of us or was he brought in just 2 give gibbo bit of company
Has the same agent as rom I think, probably just a low risk favor. We only signed him for the rest of this season and loaned him out to see if he could stay fit enough to earn a longer deal. From reports he is prem quality but is still injured all the time. Probably won't be resigned this summer

Ambition. People with your attitude just dont want us to progress, yes keeping hold of our best players is all well and good but we need to bring in players to improve the squad.

We have a strong squad, with strength in depth for a good bench, and we have strengthened further. I'm not sure who you would have liked to have offloaded to strengthen further, because we aren't a club with unlimited finances. If the manager uses the players we already have to best advantage we can match any team on the day. Until we get a buyer we're only likely to be able to improve the squad incrementally, and that's what we've done. Losing the key players that Leedslee mentions (Stones, Lukaku and Barkley) would have been a far bigger blow than not having brought in any new players imo, because that would have left us with a WEAKER squad. Whether we keep them in the summer window is of course another matter, but for the time being we have strengthened, it's a step forward, so why not celebrate the fact rather than chasing some elusive perfection?

Quite a bit of fume based on your own suppositions. Think we've finally beaten thermodynamics and found our perpetual motion machine based on fumes.

I'm not fuming .... I just have had the passion for Everton drained from me... I said last season when we beat villa 3-0 that the game was boring and I didn't enjoy it. Since then I am pretty much incapable of feeling happy when we score , as I know the opposition will usually score within the next 10 minutes. Watching players walk past ours without a tackle and breaking away to the edge of the opponents area , only to see the ball at tom Howard's feet 10 passes later, is boring. There seems to be no fight , no pace, no pressing, nothing that you associate with Everton.. His first season was good... So why the hall has he changed it? It's insane... If we had a similar season to his first... We would get CL. If a team scores goals, is winning and looks solid ..... WHY CHANGE IT? It's basically the same players ...

I'm not fuming .... I just have had the passion for Everton drained from me... I said last season when we beat villa 3-0 that the game was boring and I didn't enjoy it. Since then I am pretty much incapable of feeling happy when we score , as I know the opposition will usually score within the next 10 minutes. Watching players walk past ours without a tackle and breaking away to the edge of the opponents area , only to see the ball at tom Howard's feet 10 passes later, is boring. There seems to be no fight , no pace, no pressing, nothing that you associate with Everton.. His first season was good... So why the hall has he changed it? It's insane... If we had a similar season to his first... We would get CL. If a team scores goals, is winning and looks solid ..... WHY CHANGE IT? It's basically the same players ...

Winning 3-0 is boring so atleast this season we've been exciting??

Has the same agent as rom I think, probably just a low risk favor. We only signed him for the rest of this season and loaned him out to see if he could stay fit enough to earn a longer deal. From reports he is prem quality but is still injured all the time. Probably won't be resigned this summer
I cant even remember signing the lad to tell the truth, so been looking at his stats again + feeling sorry for bloke now, comes back from 1 cruciate injury + literally does the other 1 as soon as gets playing again,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back