Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which Goalkeeper that moved in the window do you think we should have gone for?
and Valdes doesn't count as it's been made quite clear ManU were not going to send him (or allow him to go) to another PL Club, not that he'd want to go to one without CL football.

Vorm
Fabianski

Both will be available in the summer I reckon

(Just butting in there, sorry!)

Going into this window we had 4 issues that needed to be addressed ;

1. Replacement for Howard
2. Back up to Lukaku
3. Quality wide left midfield
4. Back up to Coleman.

We have lost Naismith and McGeady but to be frank I don't see that that makes us any weaker unless we suffered multiple injuries to our front men.

We have signed 2 youngsters for the future and Oumar.

I am guessing ( because like just about everyone else on here I have never seen him play ) he is back up to Lukaku and might be able to play from the left although he could hardly be described as left midfield.

So I am concerned that there are significant other weaknessses in the squad especially at goakeeper.

Additionally we are likely to lose a number of senior and / or high profile players in the summer and the manager ( whoever that is ) will have to recruit a lot of new players in the summer - perhaps as many as 6/7.

However working on Martinez's mantra that we should always be stronger at the end of each window I guess that I would have to say , albeit with the reservation that I have no idea what Oumar is going to produce but hey he can't be worse than Kone ,that we are

1. You say we needed a Keeper to replace Howard, sadly the Manager doesnt feel its an issue, so no, at no point did we need a Keeper to replace Howard, he infact still has a further 2 years on his contract.
2. We bought him
3. We dont play with a left midfielder, we have never played with a left midfielder, we always play a winger or a striker who is given a free role to a degree
4. We have a number of people who can "do a job" at RB, we arent City, we cant have 2 players for every single position on the pitch, we tried to get the boy Byram, clearly there wasnt anybody else worth pursuing this window, due to prices/availability.

Of course we are stronger, Naismith and McGeady arent playing games, this new fella will.

Why not anymore mate?

And I don't want to know why you are drawn to a man with the surname "Horn". Leave it for the ale house eh? lol

He was great in his first season at Swansea, but feel he has regressed at the same rate as that particular team. And while yes better than Howard, that shouldn't be the bar we use get a new keeper, otherwise we'll end up with a League 2 one.

Horn reminds me of Barry Horne. That is literally the reason I want him.

I genuinely think his chance has got to come soon.

I know Bobby is stubborn and I do understand keepers get a certain amount more preferential treatment with regards to this than other positions but i honestly think he may even get the nod Wednesday.
For each of our last few league games I have convinced myself Robles would start only to feel
Made stuff up? Pushed out wide to accomodate jags? Coleman was fit.... So why wasn't he dropped? If you can't see that his defensive weaknesses are not improving and you can't see how Martinez defends him blindly then your watching the wrong sport IMO... Jags is good in the air so is mori..... Stones has played with both and we conceded of crosses and corners more than we did when Walter smith was here... If the other two cb are good in the air.... Why would you not play them if your so weak at corners and crosses? I love watching stones strolling out of defence... But I hate the fact that his over confidence or over playing is costing us ... Like Barkley.... His decision making needs to improve ...AND ITS NOT! But when Barkley gets it wrong the result is a missed chance... Stones does it? It's a goal? So it needs to be addressed we are scoring goals while Barkley is learning so we can afford him a bit of time... We cannot afford to let stones decisions to cost us goals that cost us games..... Just so he can "learn" and improve just so he can FCUK off to Chelsea or man city in the summer. What's the point in that? The fact that he has been playing every game no matter what... Suggest to me that he is being told to play like that... And the fact he's not improving tells me that he is unable to learn ( which I think is false) or , that Martinez can't catch him to be better... Martinez is the problem here... Which takes me back to my original statement of " I agree with Merson" he had exactly the same problem at Wigan... Remember having Titus bramble and Caldwell at the back? And they are trying to play like barca and pass the ball around their own area... It cost them their place in the prem.... Then he left them... He has no idea how to set up a good defence ... His goals conceded ratio is shocking at both clubs .... And that would suggest he cannot improve defenders "defending"
jags is good in he air he got beat by Oscar for the terry goal & David silva v city when they hit the post

For each of our last few league games I have convinced myself Robles would start only to feel

jags is good in he air he got beat by Oscar for the terry goal & David silva v city when they hit the post

If one player has got the lead on another, or is better positioned, it's got nothing to do with size who wins a header.

See Cahill, T.

If one player has got the lead on another, or is better positioned, it's got nothing to do with size who wins a header.

See Cahill, T.

Jags was in a far better position to win the ball vs Chelsea, he could see it all the way and is usually food and drink for a centre half.

Just catching up with some pages and come across this corker.

Bit bonkers isn't it?

How many clubs have to come out, including the richest, and say "January is a bad month/a month which isn't value for money" before you believe them?

Look at Chelsea and where they are. Who have they bought?
Liverpool?
City?
Leicester?
Spurs?

All clubs who have a need for spending far greater than us and have bought diddly squat.

Had this post been dated 1/9/16 then I'd be with you.

Can see a bit of your point but these clubs have all bought heavily in the past in this window so I don't get the 'there's no value in January' argument, United bought Evra and Vidic in the same January window.

Liverpool and Chelsea have wasted a lot of money recently. It does not surprise me to see them keeping money in their pocket especially with Chelsea's league campaign over and an interim coach in. City are almost top of the league, have a huge squad which they bolstered massively in summer and have a new manager coming in. Buying would be nonsensical for them. Spurs does surprise me I'll be honest, but if Berahino had been below 20 mill they would have pounced according to most reports.

We didn't spend much in summer and now have failed to address weak areas of the squad in this one. The problems Martinez discussed at the end of last season, goal keeper, centreback, creative playmaker, wide player, backup striker, only two of these have been addressed, and they were arguably the less important ones. We were crying out for a good keeper and a creative central midfielder last summer and we'll be doing the same this summer.

Can see a bit of your point but these clubs have all bought heavily in the past in this window so I don't get the 'there's no value in January' argument, United bought Evra and Vidic in the same January window.

Liverpool and Chelsea have wasted a lot of money recently. It does not surprise me to see them keeping money in their pocket especially with Chelsea's league campaign over and an interim coach in. City are almost top of the league, have a huge squad which they bolstered massively in summer and have a new manager coming in. Buying would be nonsensical for them. Spurs does surprise me I'll be honest, but if Berahino had been below 20 mill they would have pounced according to most reports.

We didn't spend much in summer and now have failed to address weak areas of the squad in this one. The problems Martinez discussed at the end of last season, goal keeper, centreback, creative playmaker, wide player, backup striker, only two of these have been addressed, and they were arguably the less important ones. We were crying out for a good keeper and a creative central midfielder last summer and we'll be doing the same this summer.
TBF creativity hasn't been a problem this season. How many assists have Barkley and Deulofeu got between them?

Both have delivered on the play making score so maybe that had become less of an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back