Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has the same agent as rom I think, probably just a low risk favor. We only signed him for the rest of this season and loaned him out to see if he could stay fit enough to earn a longer deal. From reports he is prem quality but is still injured all the time. Probably won't be resigned this summer
I cant actually remember signing the lad to tell the truth, was looking at his stats again + proper feeling sorry for him now, does one cruciate injury and literally as soon as gets back playing again he does the other one and misses nearly another 2yrs, that is some serious bad luck! Did score 1 goal tho + what a beauty that was, cant complain if thats the only goal in his portfolio

I cant actually remember signing the lad to tell the truth, was looking at his stats again + proper feeling sorry for him now, does one cruciate injury and literally as soon as gets back playing again he does the other one and misses nearly another 2yrs, that is some serious bad luck! Did score 1 goal tho + what a beauty that was, cant complain if thats the only goal in his portfolio
Have a look at that goal mate if you havnt already seen it, cracking strike! Like you said before he must of had the potential for the clubs that have taken that chance with him

agreed if you're only going to have one goal in your career what a strike to have! beats de gea for it as well

Just been checking out doncaster rovers news on how he getting on ( sounding like am stalking the lad now haha, maybe bit of guilt that i dont actually remember him signing, but only been there since november and already been out with calf injury and now hamstring i think. he really does need a bit of luck and a nice get well soon card. but both darren ferguson manager and conner grant on loan from us have have said how good he is and should be playing in premiership

Going into this window we had 4 issues that needed to be addressed ;

1. Replacement for Howard
2. Back up to Lukaku
3. Quality wide left midfield
4. Back up to Coleman.

We have lost Naismith and McGeady but to be frank I don't see that that makes us any weaker unless we suffered multiple injuries to our front men.

We have signed 2 youngsters for the future and Oumar.

I am guessing ( because like just about everyone else on here I have never seen him play ) he is back up to Lukaku and might be able to play from the left although he could hardly be described as left midfield.

So I am concerned that there are significant other weaknessses in the squad especially at goakeeper.

Additionally we are likely to lose a number of senior and / or high profile players in the summer and the manager ( whoever that is ) will have to recruit a lot of new players in the summer - perhaps as many as 6/7.

However working on Martinez's mantra that we should always be stronger at the end of each window I guess that I would have to say , albeit with the reservation that I have no idea what Oumar is going to produce but hey he can't be worse than Kone ,that we are

^^^Joel Robles
I really don't understand why he isn't been given a run in the team. I know it's not just Howard at fault but every time I've seen robles in net we look a lot more composed at the back. People saying we need a new keeper but Martinez seems so stuck with Howard would a new keeper even get in the side anyway? Give Robles a go we've nothing to lose.

Its funny, Sky send people all over the place hoping for deals and when the camera goes over half of them are stood in a car park in the dark with nowt going on haha
The biggest news they had last night was the kids being born and the parents had give him the middle name of Jim

The window is a complete farce

My general point though was that 13 mill relatively is not that much in the new to deal world, you can see that by what other bottom half teams are spending. We are 12th and spent a little bit of money on a player who mayor even be a regular starter and people are made up with that window. I don't see why.

Why are fans so obsessed with how much we spend mate?

We've got a good squad, and one that is still quite big really. If we can get the squad performing to what they know and everybody else know's they are capable of we'll be fine.

There was no need for loafs of signings.

Newcastle, Sunderland and Norwich etc have had to bring in loads because they're fighting against relegation, and their squads were garbage.

Windows like this just prove how low our collective expectations are. We are having a poor season and we have responded by shifting one backup striker out and getting a slightly better one (hopefully) in. Yes it's ok, he's probably a good player, we didn't sell anyone, but where's the ambition to climb the table? There is none. The board let a few coins slip out the purse (clearly with the tV money and the spending of teams like Stoke and Newcastle, 13 mill is obv not that much anymore) and most people are happy. Maybe Phil Neville was right.
Just catching up with some pages and come across this corker.

Bit bonkers isn't it?

How many clubs have to come out, including the richest, and say "January is a bad month/a month which isn't value for money" before you believe them?

Look at Chelsea and where they are. Who have they bought?
Liverpool?
City?
Leicester?
Spurs?

All clubs who have a need for spending far greater than us and have bought diddly squat.

Had this post been dated 1/9/16 then I'd be with you.

2. Back up to Lukaku
4. Back up to Coleman.

We have lost Naismith and McGeady but to be frank I don't see that that makes us any weaker unless we suffered multiple injuries to our front men.

I am guessing ( because like just about everyone else on here I have never seen him play ) he is back up to Lukaku and might be able to play from the left although he could hardly be described as left midfield.

So I am concerned that there are significant other weaknessses in the squad especially at goakeeper.

Additionally we are likely to lose a number of senior and / or high profile players in the summer and the manager ( whoever that is ) will have to recruit a lot of new players in the summer - perhaps as many as 6/7.

However working on Martinez's mantra that we should always be stronger at the end of each window I guess that I would have to say , albeit with the reservation that I have no idea what Oumar is going to produce but hey he can't be worse than Kone ,that we are
Which Goalkeeper that moved in the window do you think we should have gone for?
and Valdes doesn't count as it's been made quite clear ManU were not going to send him (or allow him to go) to another PL Club, not that he'd want to go to one without CL football.

Why are fans so obsessed with how much we spend mate?

We've got a good squad, and one that is still quite big really. If we can get the squad performing to what they know and everybody else know's they are capable of we'll be fine.

There was no need for loafs of signings.

Newcastle, Sunderland and Norwich etc have had to bring in loads because they're fighting against relegation, and their squads were garbage.

Not sure we had to bread to spend to be honest.

2. Back up to Lukaku
4. Back up to Coleman.

Unfortunately lad we were never gonna address all the areas we needed to in this window, but we've got somebody who can at least fill two roles on the pitch and does look to have something about him - we can't really say as many of us have never seen him play.

We did move for a back up to Coleman, but Byram chose automatic first-team football, so fair enough. Coleman's back from injury now and we have Oviedo as back up - we can be fine there until summer.

Goalkeeper, as many have said mate, we were never gonna get one that was a significant improvement on Howard in January. No keeper worth their salt would be let go at this point. The answer, for the time-being, would be to play Joel. Hopefully Martinez sees sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back