Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
But a lot of players just aren't available this window, like good goalkeepers which is one of the areas we all agree needs improvement.

We've needed a backup striker for Rom for ages and that is doubly so Naismith has gone, unless you are happy with Kone/Kev playing there if Rom pulls his hamstring? We've got an amazing amount of game time out of him but he needs a rest - even if just for 10 mins at the end of a game.
Robert Green was available...England international:)

This is the thing, loads have been screaming that we need a back up for Lukaku, we get one, and people still moan. Just think some will find anything to have another pop at Martinez.

That's exactly it mate.

I know i've been banging on about it for the past week now, but it's beyond a joke how set some people are in abusing every little thing he does - even though his transfer record with us has been excellent on the whole.

Also, Niasse covers two areas of the squad we are weak in. It's just that some people would rather see two players bought for £6.25mil than one player for £13.5mil. They don't get to change the squad as much on FIFA, see...

That's exactly it mate.

I know i've been banging on about it for the past week now, but it's beyond a joke how set some people are in abusing every little thing he does - even though his transfer record with us has been excellent on the whole.

Also, Niasse covers two areas of the squad we are weak in. It's just that some people would rather see two players bought for £6.25mil than one player for £13.5mil. They don't get to change the squad as much on FIFA, see...

To be honest i don't have a problem with what Martinez buys, this deal tonight could be ideal to work with Lukaku, and even thou Rom did work well with Kone earlier in the season that fizzled out and another played has been needed. When he got Mori a few, well plenty didn't buy into it for a while but that is now looking amazing buisness, this striker today could go the same way. No problem with what he has bought.
What he does with the players thou is a different issue, especially at the back. Same with Moyes, who also did well when it came to buying players.

Windows like this just prove how low our collective expectations are. We are having a poor season and we have responded by shifting one backup striker out and getting a slightly better one (hopefully) in. Yes it's ok, he's probably a good player, we didn't sell anyone, but where's the ambition to climb the table? There is none. The board let a few coins slip out the purse (clearly with the tV money and the spending of teams like Stoke and Newcastle, 13 mill is obv not that much anymore) and most people are happy. Maybe Phil Neville was right.

Not sure about SSN but the BBC's coverage of the deadline has been a disgrace... understandably they devoted a fair amount of time to Guardiola's appointment but then spent the rest complaining about how quiet its been. Stoke and Everton both completed two pretty big transfers, a record for Stoke and the third biggest in our history, but they were hardly discussed in any great detail. They were also by a distance the biggest of the night... can't help but think if United or Liverpool had done those deals it might have been different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back