Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
i thought this, but then what centre backs would we get? jags will need replacing as well soon(although galloway might step up)

we have Funes Mori, Jags for a while, Galloway in the next gen and didnt we sign Matty Foulds?

Not saying there wont be a need for improvement on those guys but of the people expected to leave. Stones seems the easiest to transition.
(especially at 30 or 40mil)

I'd take Gary Cahill in the summer if he's not gonna be first choice anymore.

Two-thirds of his fee and wages will be just for his sustained Englishness. There's no shortage of anonymous Garcio Cahillo's or Slobagary Cahillovic's who we could get for a fraction of the cost.

Rebuilding?!?!?!?!?! These players haven't done anything yet. They are 22 -- the team BUYING them is rebuilding. We would be destroying.

Sell Stones and then tell Rom we can't sell him this year because Stones went. We can't keep Stones long enough for him to win us games anyway -- Rom can win us games now.

Rebuilding is an insane thing to do and no way Martinez is going to start rebuilding 3 years into the club. It makes no sense for Everton and it makes no sense for his personal career either.

Selling Stones wouldn't be rebuilding -- if we spent the money on 26+ y/o defenders it would likely be an immediate upgrade (just lower potential).

Take money from Stones and get a IN PRIME defender and a new goalie and otherwise stand pat (aside from deadwood).

If RM can't keep Rom, Del and Barkley together for one more year then I'd fire him. They are still worth more to us than the money (because nobody as good as Rom would sign for Everton). Stones can go though. Spain preferably.

Having read your post I find it hard to argue with any of it.

Maybe rebuilding was the wrong word to use. But I meant for the squad more than the actual first XI.

Having read your post I find it hard to argue with any of it.

As far as I'm concerned this is the way everyone should respond to every post I make. ;)

I just don't want us losing Rom to be a foregone conclusion because that does make it easier for them to sell him.

If we're trying to win anything it's too early to sell him. The money is pointless there is nobody better we could realistically sign. Stones is different -- he may actually hit peak value this summer, his *current* value can be replaced far easier than Rom and he's already done one transfer request.

Maybe rebuilding was the wrong word to use. But I meant for the squad more than the actual first XI.

Fair enough. I always focus on first 11 first -- valid point about the squad there should be a lot of shuffling there.

I imagine this summer to be the summer where we make the squad look more like the first 11 in terms of age. So we bring on players like Besic and Tarashaj rather than Pienaar and Osman. Not knocking either of them but best case is to get similar performance from the bench but higher upside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back