Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, yeh, they do. Barry, for example, was quite close to joining West Ham. He joined us because we gave him more money.

And I don't buy that argument mate, I'm sorry. They have a limited career but get rewarded (rightly or wrongly) for what they are good at. It's up to the clubs at the end of the day.

United didn't have to pay Rooney that money. They could have let him leave but they didn't want to risk him going to a rival. Rooney's done nothing wrong in taking advantage of that.
So you've used three examples to generalize thousands upon thousands of people? Ok.

You don't have to buy it but it's true. To say it's the same decision for someone earning a fraction of a footballers salary and a job (playing footie) where you'll be set for life if you're not greedy is ridiculous in my most respectful opinion.

So you've used three examples to generalize thousands upon thousands of people? Ok.

You don't have to buy it but it's true. To say it's the same decision for someone earning a fraction of a footballers salary and a job (playing footie) where you'll be set for life if you're not greedy is ridiculous in my most respectful opinion.

I'm trying to use an example of a player we've signed, that's why.

And yes it is a decision. It happens all the time. If any company want to keep a member of staff enough, they will offer them more money to stay.

I'm trying to use an example of a player we've signed, that's why.

And yes it is a decision. It happens all the time. If any company want to keep a member of staff enough, they will offer them more money to stay.
?

But just one player we've signed isn't indicative if every single footballer is it?

Of course it's a decision but not the same type as someone who would prefer three or four vacation homes when some are simply wanting ownership over a single house and enough funding to send their children to higher ed etc.

Back on topic. We should sign a German keeper depending on what Robles shows from now to the end of the season.

?

But just one player we've signed isn't indicative if every single footballer is it?

Of course it's a decision but not the same type as someone who would prefer three or four vacation homes when some are simply wanting ownership over a single house and enough funding to send their children to higher ed etc.

Everybody wants what is best for them and their family. Why is that any different for a footballer or somebody who works in an office?

Because my point is the difference between 30 and 40k could make a marketable difference in opportunities for a family but I fail to see the difference in opportunities that aren't superfluous between 200-300k a week.

A footballer's career lasts what, 15 years, usually?

Yes, they earn a lot. Yes, it's probably superfluous. But some of them genuinely don't know anything but football. It's a sad inditement and it's obviously not true for every footballer, but they take advantage of a club willing to pay them that much, and so they should. They have short careers and know that they may need to make their money now.

It happens. People need to get over it.

Would you call Linekar a 'TV Mercenary' because of the wage he got paid to go over to BT (while still taking a good wedge from the BBC as well)?

No, he's just making as much money as he can while he can. That's all Rooney was doing, and is all a lot of footballers do.

I agree. He looks a class act, has been really patient, and deserves a proper run in goal for that. Big, brave, good passer with hands and feet, seems to communicate well, good at the spectacular stuff.

I think next season we're good to go for at least a top four place without any major signings. Niasse if hes good and the Swiss forward could be all we needed.

(This is on the proviso that we keep our star players)

I agree. He looks a class act, has been really patient, and deserves a proper run in goal for that. Big, brave, good passer with hands and feet, seems to communicate well, good at the spectacular stuff.

I think next season we're good to go for at least a top four place without any major signings. Niasse if hes good and the Swiss forward could be all we needed.

(This is on the proviso that we keep our star players)
Oops the above was supposed to be a reply to a post in favour of keeping Joel next season as our main goalie:oops:

Ps you are lucky the former poster @Adversus is no longer with us, your head would've been more than done in with him and his imaginary hotline to the Sky news desk !

Oh I've lurked this forum for a few years now, I'm quite aware of him. Provided quite a bit of entertainment.

@Moomin, would love for Rooney to stay away from our team. While shirt sales and a little club publicity would be nice, he's past it and wouldn't want him. We need players who can bring us forward. Been REALLY sick of this Rooney talk honestly. I did catch your sarcasm, just thought I'd throw that out there

A footballer's career lasts what, 15 years, usually?

Yes, they earn a lot. Yes, it's probably superfluous. But some of them genuinely don't know anything but football. It's a sad inditement and it's obviously not true for every footballer, but they take advantage of a club willing to pay them that much, and so they should. They have short careers and know that they may need to make their money now.

It happens. People need to get over it.

Would you call Linekar a 'TV Mercenary' because of the wage he got paid to go over to BT (while still taking a good wedge from the BBC as well)?

No, he's just making as much money as he can while he can. That's all Rooney was doing, and is all a lot of footballers do.
*sigh*

Last thing I'll post on this.
Of course they have short careers but that doesn't mean they can't start thinking about their future after football while they're playing. They'd be stupid not to think about it. If they had any sense about them they'd be getting a relevant degree if they have any doubts about their long term solvency. Most companies like to hire goal orientated driven people anyway so athletes are held in good stead no matter what the profession. God forbid they have to take another job in life o woah is they. Yes he is a TV mercenary (is that word so offensive to you?).

Oh I've lurked this forum for a few years now, I'm quite aware of him. Provided quite a bit of entertainment.

@Moomin, would love for Rooney to stay away from our team. While shirt sales and a little club publicity would be nice, he's past it and wouldn't want him. We need players who can bring us forward. Been REALLY sick of this Rooney talk honestly. I did catch your sarcasm, just thought I'd throw that out there

@Woolly Blue

I claim the head of @Adversus

Because my point is the difference between 30 and 40k could make a marketable difference in opportunities for a family but I fail to see the difference in opportunities that aren't superfluous between 200-300k a week.

30k per week is 1.5m a year mate, 40k per week is 2m per year, exactly what marketable differences in opportunities does earning 2m have over earning 1.5m per year?

and how does making 15m a year over 10m a year not provide the same marketable differences to a family exactly?

30k per week is 1.5m a year mate, 40k per week is 2m per year, exactly what marketable differences in opportunities does earning 2m have over earning 1.5m per year?

and how does making 15m a year over 10m a year not provide the same marketable differences to a family exactly?
No no no the point was 30k a year or 40k a year compared to a footballer negotiating between 200-300k a week. The other poster claim it was a 1 to 1 correlation. Clemency granted though as you came late to the "party" ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back