Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
All the goalkeeper shouts on here recently are pretty scary.

Most of those mentioned have their fans wanting them replaced.

Hopefully Martinez has someone in mind.

*sigh*

Last thing I'll post on this.
Of course they have short careers but that doesn't mean they can't start thinking about their future after football while they're playing. They'd be stupid not to think about it. If they had any sense about them they'd be getting a relevant degree if they have any doubts about their long term solvency. Most companies like to hire goal orientated driven people anyway so athletes are held in good stead no matter what the profession. God forbid they have to take another job in life o woah is they. Yes he is a TV mercenary (is that word so offensive to you?).

My point is that they take their future into account by earning as much money as possible.

I'm not saying they shouldn't go for another job after, but there's absolutely nothing wrong with earning as much money as they can for something that they're good at if the clubs are willing to pay it.

It doesn't make them 'mercenaries', IMO.

Declan Rudd I agree, but Steve Mandanda has been one of the best keepers in Europe for years, definitely good enough

Mandanda's form has really dropped in the last season. He's done a bit of a Howard tbh.

Rudd isn't good enough either though.

Forster would be the one for me if we were willing to spend big (ish) money on that position, and even then there's no guarantee he would come here.

Mandanda's form has really dropped in the last season. He's done a bit of a Howard tbh.

Rudd isn't good enough either though.

Forster would be the one for me if we were willing to spend big (ish) money on that position, and even then there's no guarantee he would come here.

There is absolutely no chance we'd get Forster. Even if we bid near £30m I don't think he'd want to come. We missed that and the Butland boat ages and ages ago.

*sad face

tl;dr mate

He's a mercenary. Accept it. Deal with it. The emotional stress might break your heart, ruin your marriage and destroy your career but you need to deal with it.

EEZ ALSO SUCH A BLEW THAT EE LET IS KID SUPPORT VILLA!
310DCD9400000578-0-image-a-13_1455105334690.jpg

I just don't agree with him being labelled a mercenary when he's played for two club in his career.

And it's nothing to do with him being a blue. I think he'd offer something to us football wise. I can guarantee Martinez would feel the same way if the opportunity arose.

It doesn't really cause me any emotional stress either.

You still seething about when he left us 12 years ago?

There is absolutely no chance we'd get Forster. Even if we bid near £30m I don't think he'd want to come. We missed that and the Butland boat ages and ages ago.

*sad face

Yeh I agree. It was kind of an ideal, semi-realistic option, but yeh, don't think he'd come or they'd sell (to us).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back