Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
All the shouts about a new keeper etc should wait to see what happens IF Joel is given till the end of the season, right now is the time he can show if he is good enough and we need a backup or if he isn't and we need a top quality one.

hell of a lot of difference to our other summer plans with targets if we have to shell out 20m plus on a keeper or 3m

If he is shown to be just a back up quality then we should hope Stoke keep plummeting this season, we finish strong, maybe get the FA Cup and qualify for Europe then go all out to get Butland, don't mess around getting half measures or players who may turn out to be good, for this position get the best we could do and box it off for the next 10-15 years

All the shouts about a new keeper etc should wait to see what happens IF Joel is given till the end of the season, right now is the time he can show if he is good enough and we need a backup or if he isn't and we need a top quality one.

hell of a lot of difference to our other summer plans with targets if we have to shell out 20m plus on a keeper or 3m

If he is shown to be just a back up quality then we should hope Stoke keep plummeting this season, we finish strong, maybe get the FA Cup and qualify for Europe then go all out to get Butland, don't mess around getting half measures or players who may turn out to be good, for this position get the best we could do and box it off for the next 10-15 years

Yep spot on.

Give Joel the chance to prove himself.

If it works out well, fantastic, we can concentrate on getting an experienced back up to compliment him.

If not, we know we need to go and get a quality keeper.

A lot of our fans just want to see money spent for spendings sake, though.

We obviously do need a new goalkeeper in the summer. But there's no point spending £20m on one if Joel does well.

I just don't agree with him being labelled a mercenary when he's played for two club in his career.

And it's nothing to do with him being a blue. I think he'd offer something to us football wise. I can guarantee Martinez would feel the same way if the opportunity arose.

It doesn't really cause me any emotional stress either.

You still seething about when he left us 12 years ago?

I don't care that he left us. We needed cash. He wanted cash. He's a mercenary, just as every footballer is. Mercenaries go to the best place for themselves and footballers are no different.

End conversation now, you're just repeating the same points and I'm not really reading them anymore.

I don't care that he left us. We needed cash. He wanted cash. He's a mercenary, just as every footballer is. Mercenaries go to the best place for themselves and footballers are no different.

End conversation now, you're just repeating the same points and I'm not really reading them anymore.
Assuming this is about Rooney?

the lad left a team who has won absolutely nothing since he left us. At united he has won absolutely everything, he has had a very succesful career, played with some fantastic players and when he retires he can say he had a great career, broke records, and played at the highest level.

At what point should he have stayed at everton? When we sold him we spent next to nothing, in the time he has been away , we have won nothing. At one point we didn't even sign a player permanently for 2 years, Whilst he was winning the champions league.

Personally i hold no grudges against him. He has never forgotton us or where he came from, still brings his kids up as blues and comes to watch us whenever he can, like a true fan. He left us not for money, but for a succesful career and he has had that, why hold that against him?

(not some attack against you mate)

the lad left a team who has won absolutely nothing since he left us. At united he has won absolutely everything, he has had a very succesful career, played with some fantastic players and when he retires he can say he had a great career, broke records, and played at the highest level.

At what point should he have stayed at everton? When we sold him we spent next to nothing, in the time he has been away , we have won nothing. At one point we didn't even sign a player permanently for 2 years, Whilst he was winning the champions league.

Personally i hold no grudges against him. He has never forgotton us or where he came from, still brings his kids up as blues and comes to watch us whenever he can, like a true fan. He left us not for money, but for a succesful career and he has had that, why hold that against him?

I'm done talking about Rooney, sorry.

I had a strong feeling we would sell rom in the summer and cut a deal for Wayne. However with mourinho looking like he is going to Utd I can see him staying there. Disappointing if you ask me. I could see him doing the business back 'home'!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back