Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Be interesting to see how our current crop view Moshiri, will they be excited like us and think its worth sticking around. I think Russ will be thinking the exact same as us, whether Rom & Stones do, we'll have to see.

Be interesting to see how our current crop view Moshiri, will they be excited like us and think its worth sticking around. I think Russ will be thinking the exact same as us, whether Rom & Stones do, we'll have to see.

Ross must sign this summer as he only got two years left, stones might also sign a new contract, Moshiri will need to make a signing to impress our young lads and show intention. The best name he could get would be rooney even tho he past it, he still a huge name in football.

I honestly don't see Ross going anywhere, I've always been confident that he would stay for as long as we want him.

Lukaku, can we squeeze one more season out of him? That would be great if we did

Stones, well I think he will be gone. We were supposed to be offering him a contract as soon as the window shut. Did we? Maybe we did, he turned it down and Everton didn't want to leak it for fear of the fans turning against him. He's the one who I can see leaving though, not that we have to sell like but I wouldn't want any player here who doesn't want to be here.

Ross must sign this summer as he only got two years left, stones might also sign a new contract, Moshiri will need to make a signing to impress our young lads and show intention. The best name he could get would be rooney even tho he past it, he still a huge name in football.
Firstly, I agree that this takeover is the best chance we have to retain Ross, Stones and Lukaku, as we're never getting 4th this year (which would also have kept them).

Secondly, while I have long said that Rooney will not return to Everton, that was under the assumption that we would never be able to afford his wages. Perhaps now he will, who knows? I was at Duncan's testimonial and we played better with him - and as you say it'd be quite a headturner, news wise.

Maybe even symbolic - sold when we were skint, bought when the tide was turning back in our favour and against Man U?

Firstly, I agree that this takeover is the best chance we have to retain Ross, Stones and Lukaku, as we're never getting 4th this year (which would also have kept them).

Secondly, while I have long said that Rooney will not return to Everton, that was under the assumption that we would never be able to afford his wages. Perhaps now he will, who knows? I was at Duncan's testimonial and we played better with him - and as you say it'd be quite a headturner, news wise.

Maybe even symbolic - sold when we were skint, bought when the tide was turning back in our favour and against Man U?
I know it divides opinion, but I'd love him back here.
As you say, it was clear even in a testimonial that he'd suit us to a tee.
No longer a pipe dream either.

I know it divides opinion, but I'd love him back here.
As you say, it was clear even in a testimonial that he'd suit us to a tee.
No longer a pipe dream either.

Still got 2 top seasons in him, 3 at an absolute push and for that reason I would have him back in a flash. We need winners, winners who hate to lose and he's that type of player.

Not too sure if they would sanction a move from a business point of view or if he would want to come back at this stage of his career, but if the opportunity arose it would be stupid of us not to try. Imo he would be the difference between finishing 6th and 4th, semi final of a cup and winning the cup, he's a game changer on his day.

Still got 2 top seasons in him, 3 at an absolute push and for that reason I would have him back in a flash. We need winners, winners who hate to lose and he's that type of player.

Not too sure if they would sanction a move from a business point of view or if he would want to come back at this stage of his career, but if the opportunity arose it would be stupid of us not to try. Imo he would be the difference between finishing 6th and 4th, semi final of a cup and winning the cup, he's a game changer on his day.

We could get better, younger players than him for less though. It would be poor business imo.

Divides opinion, see!

It is understandable though, both sides of the fence.

I agree a touch more with mac though. We need winners to complement these awesome younger players. What better than a CL winning, England captain... Who is an Everton fan

Divides opinion, see!

It is understandable though, both sides of the fence.

I agree a touch more with mac though. We need winners to complement these awesome younger players. What better than a CL winning, England captain... Who is an Everton fan

Yep, it's all very well having players who have potential, but what you need alongside them are winners, winners with a big whopping mouth who will give them a rocket up their arse if they aren't playing well, will.single handedly drag a team on to win games you shouldn't or snatch a point at the death because they didn't give up.

The closest we have to a pro like that is Gareth Barry and I can imagine Gaz in his spare time probably has some kind of butterfly farm that's a hobby of his,he just strikes me as an overly nice type of guy ( I like him btw ;) )

Get someone like Wayne here, raises the bar for all imo

I have no idea right now how I'd feel if we got Rooney back. Not sure it is worth it now as he seems to be in decline and I would rather we sign a younger player with less of an injury record. Think if we did sign him it may give Lukaku and Stones a boost to stay though so may be a good thing and it looks like United may be willing to sell. Guess the comments from us about never being able to afford him go out the window now.

If we signed Rooney we'd have a player in decline on top wages for 3+ seasons. Could work for the first year and perhaps the second season but then wed be stuck with him.

Rather than signing 30+ year olds on massive money i think Martinez will continue doing what he has been doing. The good thing is that we have some top players already who are also improving and only really need GK,CM,CF to improve the team and squad.

i think we will go for Yarmolenko, would be strange not to now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back