Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
We dont need to go ott this summer, as what we have isnt far off!
I would look at a marquee signing - yarmalenko
A backup striker for rom - dembele or someone better

And better replacements for anyone we sell e.g stones/mirallas

Just dont want a scattergun aproach to signings and block routes to the first team for the likes of galloway/ledson/walsh/dowell/browning

I guess you've spoken to the same man I have? Odd choice but I guess they want pacy cover up front/out wide. About £4 million apparently.
Too good to not be in the top flight.... not a starter for us in my opinion but would be a decent option off the bench..... better than what we have at the moment for striking options ( obvs not including Niasse as I have no idea what he's like ).

We dont need to go ott this summer, as what we have isnt far off!
Mentioned this a few times. As of now, we have no idea how much we will have to spend as a combination of previous and new funds.

Yet, I'd be more than happy with a good quality secondary striker, a play maker, influential centre midfielder and one or two extra squad players.

That alone would provide us with the flexibility and depth to challenge at a higher level. Huge changes could be detrimental in the short-term.

Over the long-term, I would like to add depth at the back (wing backs), additional wide players and more options at the front.

Errrr...

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...op-scorer-alternative-Everton-Man-City-muscle

Don't worry, it'll take much more than investment from a billionaire to change the media's favourite narrative when it comes to Everton - that of selling off our best players at every opportunity.

Without in any way condoning it, I can very much see Stones leaving to City this summer.

I don't want him to, but if he does, we'll get £50mil for him.

However, this new investment makes it even more likely that the maximum key player that will leave us (should we finish the season outside of the European places) will be one, rather than a few of them.

Yeah, no huge changes are needed. But we have SO MUCH rubbish in the squad that, for so long now, has had zero positive effect on the team whatsoever. I'm talking Howard, Hibbert, Gibson, Osman, Pienaar, McGeady, Kone. We need these players gone and about five much higher quality ones brought in. Obviously we'll have no 'marquee' signings, and that's ok. But we need a top class goalkeeper, a proven second striker, a creative midfielder and further quality to push those already in the first team to perform even better.

If we signed Rooney we'd have a player in decline on top wages for 3+ seasons. Could work for the first year and perhaps the second season but then wed be stuck with him.

Rather than signing 30+ year olds on massive money i think Martinez will continue doing what he has been doing. The good thing is that we have some top players already who are also improving and only really need GK,CM,CF to improve the team and squad.

i think we will go for Yarmolenko, would be strange not to now.

Rooney would be about the name, Barkley and stones would be impressed, sponsors would be impressed, Rooney is a headline Name, would sell millions of shirts. Plus he won't be the same player we sold but he still good enough for the team.

Mentioned this a few times. As of now, we have no idea how much we will have to spend as a combination of previous and new funds.

Yet, I'd be more than happy with a good quality secondary striker, a play maker, influential centre midfielder and one or two extra squad players.

That alone would provide us with the flexibility and depth to challenge at a higher level. Huge changes could be detrimental in the short-term.

Over the long-term, I would like to add depth at the back (wing backs), additional wide players and more options at the front.

Niasse could very well be that. A play maker in a Pienaar mould would be great, and would allow Barkley to drop back and be that influential midfielder you speak of.

This squad really isn't far away, and doesn't need a massive overhaul. The main thing will be replacing one of our key players if they leave - though the only key player I can see leaving this summer is Stones.

We just need that extra player with a bit of magic, and hopefully on the left. These players cost money so they are out there, westham got payet,look at mahrez.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back