Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good post mate, can't argue with any of that.

My point is that without European football to offer then getting in another player (making it 5/6 options to play in two positions), will be very difficult.

McCarthy is key to us winning games. Even when he has off-days we win more with him in the side than we do when he's out, which is why I don't personally see it as that much of an issue just yet...

I may not agree with your opinions on a lot Zat but I won't ever fault the thought of it. We can just agree to disagree and for what it's worth you do often raise some very good points. I think you just see it differently to how a few others do which is no bad thing.

Hope you're fully fighting fit soon ;)
You going to be very disappointed
Because if this new owner wants success, which surely he does
Then McCarthy will be one of the players to be moved on imho.

As he's not good enough to take us where we won't to be. And while he will always play under Martinez. I don't think that will be an issue for long. As I think Martinez will be gone in 12months.

And a new manager will realise pretty quickly that we will need better in midfield to compete at the very top

There are a few German keepers at the moment arent there...all wishing they were born at a different era to Neuer.

Zieler came through Man Utd youth system and plays for Hannover. 6caps and 27 years old.

Ter Stegen is at Barca and 23 years old. Rated as the best keeper in the world with the ball at his feet by some. Went to Barca for €12mil and only plays in champs league and has 4 caps.

Trapp is now at PSG so unobtainable after the supposed falling out with Blanc and Sirigu.

Leno is at Leverkusen, uncapped 23 and supposedly the guy most likely to take over from Neuer in the national side if needed.

Karius came through Man City youth and plays for Mainz. now 22 years old and upcapped.

Timo Horn as you know is at Koln and also 22 and upcapped....rumoured to have a £6mil release clause.

Wellenreuther is at Schalke but on loan at Mallorca and 20 years old he seems to be the current u21 keeper and must be their standout starter as he has 6 caps.

The interesting thing about the ones 22/23 is that they didnt have many u21 appearances whilst this chap at Schalke is either a future superstar or the level of u21 keepers isnt as good as recent years for them.

im no keeper expert but i read that Horn doesnt have great accuracy on his kicks of throws whilst Ter Stegen is among the best in the world in these areas. Reminds me a bit of Valdes being first choice at Barca when they could have sifned anyone but stuck with him due to his ability to start attacks.

Would be great to have Horn or Karius but for me Leno seems the most highly rated of fhe three. If @BlueToff would want to stick with Joel then the chap at Schalke could be worth a look to see if we could have a potential superstar developed to suit the prem?

Id still favour Sergio Rico myself...has the lot and will take over from De Gea if he keeps improving. Also cant hurt to have Martinez and the goalkeeping coach and Joel of course all being Spanish.

On the goalkeeping front Zat, I personally don't think we'll make a judgement on who we go for until we see how it pans out with Joel. I'm sure we will get one, but Joel's form will play a massive part in how much we pay for them and who we get, was my point.

As he's not good enough to take us where we won't to be. And while he will always play under Martinez. I don't think that will be an issue for long. As I think Martinez will be gone in 12months.

And a new manager will realise pretty quickly that we will need better in midfield to compete at the very top

McCarthy definitely is good enough. The record with him in the team compared to without him in speaks for itself.

Think it's you who's going to be disappointed if you expect Moshiri to come in and completely overhaul this squad.

Last edited:
Primary positions

Keeper- ?
Right back - van der wiel (psg)
Winger - yarmolenko (dnk)

Secondary

Striker -
Centre Mid - Barry like replacement

Primary positions

Keeper- ?

Secondary

Striker -

I'd rather us go for a younger right back who can take over from Coleman eventually tbh. Unless we get Europe, I don't see the need to have two right backs aged 27. Van der Wiel is pretty average in all honesty (even though I know it was only an example).

I think RM going for Byram shows the type of player we want for that back up position.

As for a keeper, there's several options and again it depends whether Joel is ready to take no.1 duty.

Presuming it's just based on quality, i'd go for: Handanovic (free), Yann Sommer (i'd imagine £10mil-£15mil) or Leno - though I'm not sure he'd leave Bayer if they get CL.

The John Stones to Madrid/Barca shouts are shocking.

The lad ain't ready to deal with pressure yet as we've seen this season, how tf's he gonna deal with the pressure of playing for Real Madrid/Barcelona?

Primary positions

Keeper- ?

Secondary

Striker -

Doesn't Yamolenko play on the right? We'd have 3 right sided wingers and no one really for the left.

I agree we need a new keeper and a strong central midfielder. Obviously it's an IF we can keep hold of Lukaku, Barkley and Stones but if we can, then some genuine quality in the centre of midfield and in goal could see us really progress.

I'd like to see us bring in a defensive right back. I can certainly see the benefit of having clones in the full back positions, but I think if we want to compete on all fronts and we're going down the winger route, I'd like to see us have a few options with slightly more defensive full backs in the squad who are both good in the air and strong defensively. Give us more options.

McCarthy definitely is good enough. The record with him in the team compared to without him in speaks for itself.

Think it's you who's going to be disappointed if you expect Moshiri to come in and completely overhaul this squad.
mccarthy has played 75% of our league games in the last 2 seasons. So your right he's making a massive difference.

Moshiri has not got involved to see us float around mid table and listen to Martinez come out with his usual bull every week

We wont get Handanovic as he's signed a contract with Inter, I don't think RM will go for a first choice keeper, but someone to battle with Joel, I'd go for Kameni as he's been outstanding this season and last, supposedly has a release clause of £2.1 million.

We wont get Neves either as he supports Porto, has said he wants to stay there & they would only let him go for his release clause which is ridiculous, £25 mil on Tielemans would be amazing but if not I would like to see Badelj from Fiorentina here, good defensively sound deep-lying playmaker.

Maybe sign Aarons from Newcastle on a free and spunk money on Yarmolenko.

For Right Back I have no clue, Montoya on loan?

I can't understand the backlash bartons comments have received. I agree with him, if Martinez does not have a strong end to the season (European qualification) I doubt Moshiri will give Martinez a bumper war chest in the summer and will replace him. This isn't a knee jerk reaction, under Martinez's tenure we had a great first season, but at present two distinctly average seasons to follow.

I can't understand the backlash bartons comments have received. I agree with him, if Martinez does not have a strong end to the season (European qualification) I doubt Moshiri will give Martinez a bumper war chest in the summer and will replace him. This isn't a knee jerk reaction, under Martinez's tenure we had a great first season, but at present two distinctly average seasons to follow.

He'll give him time. Moshiri isn't the owner yet and the reason that Kenwright etc have retained power is to prevent certain decisions like this.

RM will be given time and the funds needed to keep this squad together as much as possible and possibly have a decent budget to spend on top of any sales (i'd say £25mil if the squad stayed as it is now).

He is not going to be given a 'warchest' (quite frankly the worst phrase in football). This investment isn't going to see us making huge waves in the market like it did with City as the money is already bigger now anyway in the Prem.

What it does do is enable us to stand a very good chance of retaining our best players and making another push of it while bringing in some genuine quality for the first team without having to sell (though we still may see a player or two leave)

I don't understand why people think all of a sudden we're going to be spending 50m+... We'll have a decent amount now without sales. The best thing Moshiri will be bringing with us is experience and the hope of finally making progress on a new stadium and facilities.

I have to say I'm shocked.

There's one CM we all once dreamed of and hasn't declined in ability.

Joao Moutinho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back