Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
In some ways that's exactly what we need though as I say I'd bring two in an elder Williams or Dann and a young player with potential, though I think ultimately Galloway will play there, but needs the Stones treatment of time to develop there.

Younger centre halfs just aren't cutting the mustered these days with players at there peak there from 28-33.

I like Shawcross but he seems o be becoming increasingly injury prone.
Can't see Williams leaving Swansea but think he is a fantastic player - seems to play a blinder ever game against us as well.

I think we desperately need a good deep-lying playmaker. Think someone like Cantona or Xavi in his prime. 2 DMs on at once is excessive, could play with a back 5 with the lone DM dropping back when our wing-backs bomb forward. 5-2-3 would really suit us. Plus it would create proper competition for the DM spot and there'd be fewer injury crises in that area.

People have suggested putting Barkley there and it's a great idea on paper but he has a tendency to have lapses of concentration and give the ball away, which obviously is a terrible thing to do if you're playing deep. We could put him in a free role on the left similar to Cleverley and how Gerrard used to play.

A keeper too - look at the top 4, all of them have top-quality keepers. Joel's a good keeper but I'm not entirely convinced if he's the real deal. He's not really an outstanding keeper but then he'll just kind of pop up occasionally and have a stormer (Norwich for example). We need a top-drawer keeper if we're to challenge for Europe consistently every season. Fahrmann, Horn and Leno come to mind.

And finally, sell all the aging dross in our squad. We all saw what happened last season, let's not let it happen again. Sell all the Moyes-era deadwood and bring in a good squad to create proper competition.

Starting XI could look something like this:

New keeper

Coleman---Stones---Jags---RFM---Baines

DLP---McCarthy

Lennon---Lukaku---Barkley (free role)

Yarmolenko can play in a free role behind our replacement for Lukaku, Borja Baston.

Coleman Jagielka Mori Baines
Deulofeu Barkley McCarthy Nolito
Yarmolenko
Baston/Niasse

:celebrate:

I think we desperately need a good deep-lying playmaker. Think someone like Cantona or Xavi in his prime. 2 DMs on at once is excessive, could play with a back 5 with the lone DM dropping back when our wing-backs bomb forward. 5-2-3 would really suit us. Plus it would create proper competition for the DM spot and there'd be fewer injury crises in that area.

People have suggested putting Barkley there and it's a great idea on paper but he has a tendency to have lapses of concentration and give the ball away, which obviously is a terrible thing to do if you're playing deep. We could put him in a free role on the left similar to Cleverley and how Gerrard used to play.

A keeper too - look at the top 4, all of them have top-quality keepers. Joel's a good keeper but I'm not entirely convinced if he's the real deal. He's not really an outstanding keeper but then he'll just kind of pop up occasionally and have a stormer (Norwich for example). We need a top-drawer keeper if we're to challenge for Europe consistently every season. Fahrmann, Horn and Leno come to mind.

And finally, sell all the aging dross in our squad. We all saw what happened last season, let's not let it happen again. Sell all the Moyes-era deadwood and bring in a good squad to create proper competition.

New keeper

DLP---McCarthy

Lad, cantona wasnt a deep lying playmaker

New keeper

DLP---McCarthy

McCarthy sitting and Besic box-to-box for me going forward next season. Besic is technically very good.

New keeper

DLP---McCarthy

Cantona woils have been in Barkleys position if in our formation + dont forget if we went 3 at the back then we would need more centre backs as competitoon/cover.

It would be ideal though to have a talismanic player come in as a deep lying playmaker who could link and also alternate positions with barkley.
We also need to have players who can play different positions and i would love to see Bernardo Silva comd in as he can play deep or in barkleys role but also wide left or right and is still only 21 years old so fits in nicely with our core group.

I thought we should have got him in Jan and i would hope we could get him off monaco. Hes an attainable target.

I'd also go for Tielemans or Neves to conpete in CM with them transitioning into barrys role in the following season.

Those two make us look very strong:

DM- Barry /McCarthy
LM - Silva / Cleverley
CM - Besic / Tielemans or Neves
RW - Deulofeu / Lennon
ACM - Barkley / Tarashaj

Thats a ridiculously talented midfield and would be the best in the league as the players develop.

I actually think we should make a big move on one of the top young centre backs coming through to replace Jagielka as he gets older and compete with Mori and Stones for me thats Jonathan Tah. If we had him then headers wouldnt be an issue in the box defensively.

No idea at right back and keeper we would be foolish not to try for Leno or Rico.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back