Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd absolutely love Morata tbh, he has so much to his game and he would improve our attack tremendously. He's fast, strong, clinical and very intelligent, can't ask for much more in a striker. He might actually come here too knowing he'd be the star player whose name is on the back of everyone's shirts. Bit like Mirallas who swerved Arsenal to be the big man here.
According to the Spanish press Real Madrid are interested in taking up the buy back option they have on Morata for 30 million Euros then selling him for a profit (talking of 50 million Euros) to the premier League. The article mentioned that Arsenal and the rs are likely destinations. However seeing as they are also reported to be interested in bidding 75 million Euros for Lukaku, we might be able to wrangle something there.
In an ideal world he'd be the perfect partner for Lukaku rather than a replacement. Doesn't seem to be a 25-30 goals a season striker, more like 15-20 range. Although he does create a lot and seems to have a happy knack of scoring in important matches.

According to the Spanish press Real Madrid are interested in taking up the buy back option they have on Morata for 30 million Euros then selling him for a profit (talking of 50 million Euros) to the premier League. The article mentioned that Arsenal and the rs are likely destinations. However seeing as they are also reported to be interested in bidding 75 million Euros for Lukaku, we might be able to wrangle something there.
In an ideal world he'd be the perfect partner for Lukaku rather than a replacement. Doesn't seem to be a 25-30 goals a season striker, more like 15-20 range. Although he does create a lot and seems to have a happy knack of scoring in important matches.

There are clauses in these "buy back" options that stop teams from buying players back just to sell them at a profit

They could buy Lukaku if they Sold Pogba.

If Juventus decide to become not only the first team to pay over 35m pound for a polayer then i will be surprised, but not only that they will have to sail right through the 40m pound mark, through the 50m pound one and end up paying around 60m + at a guess, for a premiership proven player who has little experience in Europe and not agreat International record.

They in theory 'could' but anyone with a little common sense when looking at everythign will realsie their is absolutely no chance they will (or realistically could), the football dynamics in italy jut wpon't see any player arriving for anything close to 60m mate

There are clauses in these "buy back" options that stop teams from buying players back just to sell them at a profit

Only if they are inserted at the time the player is sold, Madrid have actually bought back and sold on the same season before this as i think have Barcelona - when we did the deal for Deulofeu we have byh the looks of it put the clause in stopping that happenign - which in reality was very smart

Might be wrong, but just don't see madrid coughing up 60m + for Lukaku mate, not a big enough name and not technical enough a player for them

Might be wrong, but just don't see madrid coughing up 60m + for Lukaku mate, not a big enough name and not technical enough a player for them

Lukaku is a big name, he's arguably the best young striker in the world atm. Considering the quality of defenders in La Liga is considerably worse than here, I'd imagine he'd trample over anyone he sees there.

Lukaku is a big name, he's arguably the best young striker in the world atm. Considering the quality of defenders in La Liga is considerably worse than here, I'd imagine he'd trample over anyone he sees there.

Quality of defenders is worse in La Liga - really? Must be why the English teams have been dominating European football lately then

Not arguing how good i think Lukaku is mate, but his recognition factor as far as Spain goes will probably be miniscule to the armchair fan, no way, shape or form fits the Galactico high profile madrid signing we are all familiar with

Errrrm Zat how is giving each players full statistics for the current season - 'disproportionate'? Isn't it surely the onyl fair way to evaluate how they have been performing?

As for watching Everton living in Russia - yeah mate thats because i'm an Evertonian, how does that relate to speculating that and Evertonian not living in Italy has such an in depth knowledge of their right back - and well a multitude of young players around the globe if i'm being frank

Clearly its disproportionate as they are playing in different systems against different teams.

If yourd saying my view on an Italian CENTRE back isnt of note as i dont have a season ticket there then i guess that means your opinion of Everton is meaningless as you dont have a season ticket. Nonsensical.

If Juventus decide to become not only the first team to pay over 35m pound for a polayer then i will be surprised, but not only that they will have to sail right through the 40m pound mark, through the 50m pound one and end up paying around 60m + at a guess, for a premiership proven player who has little experience in Europe and not agreat International record.

They in theory 'could' but anyone with a little common sense when looking at everythign will realsie their is absolutely no chance they will (or realistically could), the football dynamics in italy jut wpon't see any player arriving for anything close to 60m mate

If they sell Pogba, they could easily, also knowing that Lukaku will have a re-sale value.

I must admit, I don't see him being a fit for them either. Could imagine him at Bayern, PSG. Atletico or one of the Italian clubs would obviously like him but as you point out, the price looks a bit too much for them

I must admit, I don't see him being a fit for them either. Could imagine him at Bayern, PSG. Atletico or one of the Italian clubs would obviously like him but as you point out, the price looks a bit too much for them
He's more likely to go to one of Man U, man city or Arsenal if we decide to sell. I think we'll keep him for another year though.

Scenarios:

Likely to happen. Lukaku will wait until after the Euros to decide his future. Hopefully he has a terrible tournament like the WC2014 (which ultimately allowed us to sign him).

1. We Dont win the FA Cup. Martinez must go, if he doesnt, Lukaku will go.
1a. Martinez doesn't get sacked. Lukaku will definately go. Stones as well probably. No FA Cup and RM to stay is worst case scenario for us.
1b. Martinez sacked. All will depend on the profile of the new manager. High profile and with a big budget for Moshiri - Rom and Stones stay.

2. Win the FA Cup
2a. RM stays, Rom and Stones stay, we strengthen the team with Yarmelenko, Timo Horn, Wietsel and Howedes and overload on cheese on toast.
2b. RM still goes, all of the above by a better manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back