Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd absolutely love Morata tbh, he has so much to his game and he would improve our attack tremendously. He's fast, strong, clinical and very intelligent, can't ask for much more in a striker. He might actually come here too knowing he'd be the star player whose name is on the back of everyone's shirts. Bit like Mirallas who swerved Arsenal to be the big man here.
Hopefully he'll be a more intelligent player than Mirallas

This is a popular myth right here

Finners mate, take a closer look at the Serie A transfers mate, Only 4 players have ever cost more than 30m pound in that league - and only one of those has been in the last 10-12 years, i think only 2 of the top 10 ever - which is basically any transfer over 22m or so have been in that time frame as well.

They may offer big wages etc, but they have absolutely no finanical muscle compared to the premiership

Juventus and Napoli would struggle to be able to pay the fee what we originally paid for Rom 28m, the onyl papers that run with linking Rom to Italy tend to swerve the value he would go for and make up things such a s- when they sell pogba/higuain they will have the money to buy Lukaku - seriously utter tosh reporting

Just to illustrate this mate, only one of the the top 11 transfers in Italian football has happened in the last 13 years, the other ten of them happened during a period between 2000-2003, and the record is still held by Crespo at 35m pound. Since then Gihuain is the opnly player to have moved for more than 25m quid (34m to Napoli), Dybala is the second highest at around 24m or so

The money to buy someone as much as Rom would cost just isn't in Italian football - and even when a club sells a player abroad for huge money then they still can't pay the type of fee we would demand for Rom

In short any rumour linking Rom with either Italy or Germany can be immediately discounted - the only league with the money is England and besides that their is really only PSG, Madrid and Barca who can afford to pay for Lukaku

Errrm 1. it's the managers job to make good individual players into a good unit mate, if he can't then maybe it tells you he isn't that good a manager?

As for Baines - you like him a lot? Really? constantly slate him as being poor defensivley, constantly slate him for not being able to pass, constantly slate him for not being comfortable on the ball in possession - two of those 3 are utterly untrue and 1 of them is very debatable

right lets look at this then in more detail mate as i know you like your stats.

Baines this season -
Games - 10
Total defensive errors - 0
Pass accuracy - 84%
Av defensive actions - 5 (15 interceptions, 4 blocks, 27 clearances)
Av duels won - 51%
Chances created -11
Av pass length - 21m

Oviedo
Games - 10
Total defensive errors - 1
Pass accuracy - 83%
Av defensive actions - 5 (13 ints, 1 block, 35 clearances)
Av duels won - 49%
Chances created -11
Av pass length - 19m

Galloway
Games - 14
Total defensive errors - 0
Pass accuracy - 81%
Av defensive actions - 5 (20 ints, 5 blocks, 49 clearances)
Av duels won - 50%
Chances created - 4
Av pass length - 17m

All three have 1 assist this season, re defnesive actions, all 3 have pretty much the same average per game, baines has a much higher percentage of his being interceptions though - which would suggest he isn't as clueless as you say positionally?

Both those players you have stated are better defensively and better in possession and passing than Baines - yet Baines leads both of them

Baines leads or is tied with them in every single statistic offensively and defensively as you can see, all this during a season he has been struggling with an injury in.

As most who criticise Baines also do - you point out he has been poor not jsut this season but also last as well - the season he ofc created 70 chances and registered 9 assists and 2 goals,

oh out of boredom decided to compare the lad you want to play fb for us Koulibaly
Games - 25
Total defensive errors - 3
Pass accuracy - 85%
Av defensive actions - 7
Av duels won - 48%
Chances created - 8 (0 assists)
Av pass length - 19m

Assuming your not a season ticket holder at Napoli so you haven't see this lad a lot, what are you basing this like for him on mate? he commits a large amount of defensive mistakes, passing about the same as baines - although a much huigher percentage of backpasses than him btw, creates far far less going forwards in terms of chances for other players, wins less of his 1 on 1 battles, he has a notable lead in one area - defensive actions but as he has made the same amount of defensive errors as stones has on the stats that kind of casts a huge doubt on him imo.

You've taken stats from games which are obviously going to be disprortionate arent they. Unless you go back in time and start each player in each game.

Baines is a good attacking full back. Galloway is in his first season after just getting 3 games last year and Oviedo only just came back from injury. All very different players.

As for needing a season ticket to watch another teams player then i guess as you're in Russia you dont habe one for Everton so how can you watch the games? Such a weird comment.

Oh and Koulibaly now rated as one of the top defenders in italy (proving last season wasnt a one off) and if you have time on your hands to find stats take a look at rhe number of goals conceded and clean sheets when hes in / out of the team....its drastic.

Atleast Juventus.

How mate, Juve have paid over 30m for one player ever - Buffon
they have paid over 20m three times Dybala, Nedved and Thuram

those names alone shoudl tell you how long ago it has been since Juve had real financial weigtht, only Dybala has cost them more than 20m in the last 14 years (24m) and they could only afford that due to selling Vidal for more the same window (28m)

No chanc eon earth even if they sell pogba that Juve could pay for Lukaku - the sheer fact they would break the Italian transfer record of the last 12 years by around 30m pound tells you that

those names alone shoudl tell you how long ago it has been since Juve had real financial weigtht, only Dybala has cost them more than 20m in the last 14 years (24m) and they could only afford that due to selling Vidal for more the same window (28m)

No chanc eon earth even if they sell pogba that Juve could pay for Lukaku - the sheer fact they would break the Italian transfer record of the last 12 years by around 30m pound tells you that

Theyll get few quids from Pogba sale.

You've taken stats from games which are obviously going to be disprortionate arent they. Unless you go back in time and start each player in each game.

Baines is a good attacking full back. Galloway is in his first season after just getting 3 games last year and Oviedo only just came back from injury. All very different players.

As for needing a season ticket to watch another teams player then i guess as you're in Russia you dont habe one for Everton so how can you watch the games? Such a weird comment.

Oh and Koulibaly now rated as one of the top defenders in italy (proving last season wasnt a one off) and if you have time on your hands to find stats take a look at rhe number of goals conceded and clean sheets when hes in / out of the team....its drastic.

Errrrm Zat how is giving each players full statistics for the current season - 'disproportionate'? Isn't it surely the onyl fair way to evaluate how they have been performing?

As for watching Everton living in Russia - yeah mate thats because i'm an Evertonian, how does that relate to speculating that and Evertonian not living in Italy has such an in depth knowledge of their right back - and well a multitude of young players around the globe if i'm being frank

Errrrm Zat how is giving each players full statistics for the current season - 'disproportionate'? Isn't it surely the onyl fair way to evaluate how they have been performing?

As for watching Everton living in Russia - yeah mate thats because i'm an Evertonian, how does that relate to speculating that and Evertonian not living in Italy has such an in depth knowledge of their right back - and well a multitude of young players around the globe if i'm being frank

Theyll get few quids from Pogba sale.

Finners if we sell Lukaku for say 70m, do you think we will then go and pay 70m for another player - we obviously won't do, same thing exactly with Juve mate, no Italian club has ever paid anythign even close to the fee Luakku will go for (if sold), Juve arent going to break that model

It'd be the same as Spurs after selling Bale paying 100m for a signing - just never ever going to happen for a multitude of reasons

Remember the same papers linked Lukaku with Wolfsburg - obviously thinking that de bruyne would be sold and then they could afford him, in relaity the de bruyne money got spent the way all german clubs spend big incoming fees on a collection of players to strengthen the squad

Can anybody blame Lukaku for wanting to leave Everton? He’s been very fair in the way he’s handled himself this season, clearly in the light that, if it wasn’t for him, we’d likely be fighting relegation. He knows – as do we – that he will have his pick of clubs this summer. Martinez, again, is to blame for the situation we now find ourselves in. As we all feared, he’s completely ruined our defence, was far too loyal to underperforming players and thus Lukaku’s goal, in reality, don’t really count for much as all they are doing is balancing out the stupid goals we continue to concede.

So if and when the offers come in, we’ll be left with no choice but to hope a bidding war ensues and we can get a top fee for him. We paid 30m, he’s 22 and is one of the best strikers in Europe already. He’s a few goals off top scorer in the league, and that’s with a struggling team ‘supporting’ him. Vardy and Kane are playing in teams fighting for the title. I hope 60 – 70m is possible, of which we can spend 20 – 30m on a replacement, and spend the rest getting a brilliant goalkeeper in and possibly a second striker.

Stones, has hardly set the league on fire this season and if we get a stupid money offer again, I hope we don’t make the same mistake and reject it. 40m for him would be unreal money.

In all honesty I’d just sell Stones, throw a massive contract extension offer at Lukaku and use the Stones money plus any additional funds to buy a goalkeeper, second striker, centre back and creative midfielder.

Can anybody blame Lukaku for wanting to leave Everton? He’s been very fair in the way he’s handled himself this season, clearly in the light that, if it wasn’t for him, we’d likely be fighting relegation. He knows – as do we – that he will have his pick of clubs this summer. Martinez, again, is to blame for the situation we now find ourselves in. As we all feared, he’s completely ruined our defence, was far too loyal to underperforming players and thus Lukaku’s goal, in reality, don’t really count for much as all they are doing is balancing out the stupid goals we continue to concede.

So if and when the offers come in, we’ll be left with no choice but to hope a bidding war ensues and we can get a top fee for him. We paid 30m, he’s 22 and is one of the best strikers in Europe already. He’s a few goals off top scorer in the league, and that’s with a struggling team ‘supporting’ him. Vardy and Kane are playing in teams fighting for the title. I hope 60 – 70m is possible, of which we can spend 20 – 30m on a replacement, and spend the rest getting a brilliant goalkeeper in and possibly a second striker.

Stones, has hardly set the league on fire this season and if we get a stupid money offer again, I hope we don’t make the same mistake and reject it. 40m for him would be unreal money.

In all honesty I’d just sell Stones, throw a massive contract extension offer at Lukaku and use the Stones money plus any additional funds to buy a goalkeeper, second striker, centre back and creative midfielder.
I think there's a lot more chance of stones staying for few more years than lukaku.
I will be amazed if lukaku is still here next season, no matter how much money we throw at him

They could buy Lukaku if they Sold Pogba.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back