Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering our defence is so terrible the last 2 seasons (Martinez obviously being a major factor)
Would you look to ship out any of our defenders/midfielders to change personel, or do you just put it down to poor management and lack of organisation?

Just to follow on from last post.

LB -- Baines / Oviedo / Garbutt
LCB -- Mori / Galloway
RCB -- Stones / Jagielka
RB -- Coleman

Pennington,Browning and Holgate there also plus perhaps Kenny.

The problem Martinez has is that the back 4 are all big name players and good individually. But the full backs to me are too attack minded and we need different types of player there who are actual defenders first and can pass the ball well.

If it was me, id be open to taking a bid for Baines £10mil ish. I like him alot and also Coleman+ Jags but think we need a different type there and also leaders who are hungry.

Id be straight in for Kalidou Koulibaly who can play either LCB or RCB...and 2 really solid full backs. Having said all that though Martinez doesnt do nig upheaval and with so many players moving on in summer anyway i dont think we will see any defenders leaving other than the browning or pennington types.

He really needs to make one top defensive signing and also get cover for right back. Koulibaly can play RB also so he would actually be perfect for us.

I have just read we are after a defender, with Watford, Crystal Palace, West Ham and West Brom as our competition.....
I'd pay no attention to anything like that. Guaranteed them stories throws the better clubs in to make the player seem more attractive to the lower team who eventually buy them.

For example;

Everton, Liverpool, Tottenham, West ham are chasing young starlet Billy Butler.

Eventually signs for....Brighton lol

Sadly if we lose Rom I can't see us bringing anyone half decent in, whereas clubs like West ham who will have Euro footie to offer/actually look to be going places will be signing the likes of Benteke etc. And the slide will continue.

Why for me we need to hook the manager regardless of what happens in the cup come the end of the season and hope we get a big enough name in to try convince top players to come.

Sadly if we lose Rom I can't see us bringing anyone half decent in, whereas clubs like West ham who will have Euro footie to offer/actually look to be going places will be signing the likes of Benteke etc. And the slide will continue.

Why for me we need to hook the manager regardless of what happens in the cup come the end of the season and hope we get a big enough name in to try convince top players to come.
If Rom goes Bobby goes. He cant justify his building process if Rom goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back