Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly if we lose Rom I can't see us bringing anyone half decent in, whereas clubs like West ham who will have Euro footie to offer/actually look to be going places will be signing the likes of Benteke etc. And the slide will continue.

Why for me we need to hook the manager regardless of what happens in the cup come the end of the season and hope we get a big enough name in to try convince top players to come.

Benteke is a huge swerve. Stop being dramatic.

Sadly if we lose Rom I can't see us bringing anyone half decent in, whereas clubs like West ham who will have Euro footie to offer/actually look to be going places will be signing the likes of Benteke etc. And the slide will continue.

Why for me we need to hook the manager regardless of what happens in the cup come the end of the season and hope we get a big enough name in to try convince top players to come.

So another thread slating the manager....

The manager who sigjed lukaku

The manager who has signed some of the best players the club has had over the past decades...

But you dont trust him to sign another good player.

Ridiculous.

Benteke is a huge swerve. Stop being dramatic.

Benteke would bag a few being supplied by Payet. People forget he had a 1 in 2 record at Villa and at Liverpool not only is he played in a style that doesn't suit him, but the Kopites have been a graveyard for strikers for many a year now (Suarez and Torres aside who are/ were both world class anyway). Robbie Keane in his prime was top quality yet looked woeful at them.

So another thread slating the manager....

The manager who sigjed lukaku

The manager who has signed some of the best players the club has had over the past decades...

But you dont trust him to sign another good player.

Ridiculous.

The fact is the good players won't be queuing up to join us when you have about 10-12 other clubs with the same amount of cash who have finished above us for 2 seasons now.

Byram
Payet
Ogbonna
Shaqiri

Just a few in the past 12 months that have swerved us for sides who shouldn't even have the right to be named in the same bracket as us, but thanks to an incompetent manager they are.

The fact is the good players won't be queuing up to join us when you have about 10-12 other clubs with the same amount of cash who have finished above us for 2 seasons now.

Byram
Payet
Ogbonna
Shaqiri

Just a few in the past 12 months that have swerved us for sides who shouldn't even have the right to be named in the same bracket as us, but thanks to an incompetent manager they are.

Byram and Ogbonna signed for Wham as they were going to be backups for us.

Payet you should know we didnt even bid for!!!

Shaqiri its never been stated we bid for him or what the deal was.

Why not stick to the martinez out thread?

Just to follow on from last post.

LB -- Baines / Oviedo / Garbutt
LCB -- Mori / Galloway
RCB -- Stones / Jagielka
RB -- Coleman

Pennington,Browning and Holgate there also plus perhaps Kenny.

The problem Martinez has is that the back 4 are all big name players and good individually. But the full backs to me are too attack minded and we need different types of player there who are actual defenders first and can pass the ball well.

If it was me, id be open to taking a bid for Baines £10mil ish. I like him alot and also Coleman+ Jags but think we need a different type there and also leaders who are hungry.

Id be straight in for Kalidou Koulibaly who can play either LCB or RCB...and 2 really solid full backs. Having said all that though Martinez doesnt do nig upheaval and with so many players moving on in summer anyway i dont think we will see any defenders leaving other than the browning or pennington types.

He really needs to make one top defensive signing and also get cover for right back. Koulibaly can play RB also so he would actually be perfect for us.

Errrm 1. it's the managers job to make good individual players into a good unit mate, if he can't then maybe it tells you he isn't that good a manager?

As for Baines - you like him a lot? Really? constantly slate him as being poor defensivley, constantly slate him for not being able to pass, constantly slate him for not being comfortable on the ball in possession - two of those 3 are utterly untrue and 1 of them is very debatable

right lets look at this then in more detail mate as i know you like your stats.

Baines this season -
Games - 10
Total defensive errors - 0
Pass accuracy - 84%
Av defensive actions - 5 (15 interceptions, 4 blocks, 27 clearances)
Av duels won - 51%
Chances created -11
Av pass length - 21m

Oviedo
Games - 10
Total defensive errors - 1
Pass accuracy - 83%
Av defensive actions - 5 (13 ints, 1 block, 35 clearances)
Av duels won - 49%
Chances created -11
Av pass length - 19m

Galloway
Games - 14
Pass accuracy - 81%
Av defensive actions - 5 (20 ints, 5 blocks, 49 clearances)
Av duels won - 50%
Chances created - 4
Av pass length - 17m

All three have 1 assist this season, re defnesive actions, all 3 have pretty much the same average per game, baines has a much higher percentage of his being interceptions though - which would suggest he isn't as clueless as you say positionally?

Both those players you have stated are better defensively and better in possession and passing than Baines - yet Baines leads both of them

Baines leads or is tied with them in every single statistic offensively and defensively as you can see, all this during a season he has been struggling with an injury in.

As most who criticise Baines also do - you point out he has been poor not jsut this season but also last as well - the season he ofc created 70 chances and registered 9 assists and 2 goals,

oh out of boredom decided to compare the lad you want to play fb for us Koulibaly
Games - 25
Total defensive errors - 3
Pass accuracy - 85%
Av defensive actions - 7
Av duels won - 48%
Chances created - 8 (0 assists)
Av pass length - 19m

Assuming your not a season ticket holder at Napoli so you haven't see this lad a lot, what are you basing this like for him on mate? he commits a large amount of defensive mistakes, passing about the same as baines - although a much huigher percentage of backpasses than him btw, creates far far less going forwards in terms of chances for other players, wins less of his 1 on 1 battles, he has a notable lead in one area - defensive actions but as he has made the same amount of defensive errors as stones has on the stats that kind of casts a huge doubt on him imo.

Just to follow on from last post.

LB -- Baines / Oviedo / Garbutt
LCB -- Mori / Galloway
RCB -- Stones / Jagielka
RB -- Coleman

Pennington,Browning and Holgate there also plus perhaps Kenny.

The problem Martinez has is that the back 4 are all big name players and good individually. But the full backs to me are too attack minded and we need different types of player there who are actual defenders first and can pass the ball well.

If it was me, id be open to taking a bid for Baines £10mil ish. I like him alot and also Coleman+ Jags but think we need a different type there and also leaders who are hungry.

Id be straight in for Kalidou Koulibaly who can play either LCB or RCB...and 2 really solid full backs. Having said all that though Martinez doesnt do nig upheaval and with so many players moving on in summer anyway i dont think we will see any defenders leaving other than the browning or pennington types.

He really needs to make one top defensive signing and also get cover for right back. Koulibaly can play RB also so he would actually be perfect for us.

Errrm 1. it's the managers job to make good individual players into a good unit mate, if he can't then maybe it tells you he isn't that good a manager?

As for Baines - you like him a lot? Really? constantly slate him as being poor defensivley, constantly slate him for not being able to pass, constantly slate him for not being comfortable on the ball in possession - two of those 3 are utterly untrue and 1 of them is very debatable

right lets look at this then in more detail mate as i know you like your stats.

Baines this season -
Games - 10
Pass accuracy - 84%
Av defensive actions - 5 (15 interceptions, 4 blocks, 27 clearances)
Av duels won - 51%
Chances created -11
Av pass length - 21m

Oviedo
Games - 10
Total defensive errors - 1
Pass accuracy - 83%
Av defensive actions - 5 (13 ints, 1 block, 35 clearances)
Av duels won - 49%
Chances created -11
Av pass length - 19m

Galloway
Games - 14
Pass accuracy - 81%
Av defensive actions - 5 (20 ints, 5 blocks, 49 clearances)
Av duels won - 50%
Chances created - 4
Av pass length - 17m

All three have 1 assist this season, re defnesive actions, all 3 have pretty much the same average per game, baines has a much higher percentage of his being interceptions though - which would suggest he isn't as clueless as you say positionally?

Both those players you have stated are better defensively and better in possession and passing than Baines - yet Baines leads both of them

Baines leads or is tied with them in every single statistic offensively and defensively as you can see, all this during a season he has been struggling with an injury in.

As most who criticise Baines also do - you point out he has been poor not jsut this season but also last as well - the season he ofc created 70 chances and registered 9 assists and 2 goals,

oh out of boredom decided to compare the lad you want to play fb for us Koulibaly
Games - 25
Total defensive errors - 3
Pass accuracy - 85%
Av defensive actions - 7
Av duels won - 48%
Chances created - 8 (0 assists)
Av pass length - 19m

Assuming your not a season ticket holder at Napoli so you haven't see this lad a lot, what are you basing this like for him on mate? he commits a large amount of defensive mistakes, passing about the same as baines - although a much huigher percentage of backpasses than him btw, creates far far less going forwards in terms of chances for other players, wins less of his 1 on 1 battles, he has a notable lead in one area - defensive actions but as he has made the same amount of defensive errors as stones has on the stats that kind of casts a huge doubt on him imo.

Alex Witsel saying he's leaving Zenit this summer. Maybe a two for one sort of deal opportunity. If we could sign him it convinces Lukaku to stay, Lukaku staying convinces Witsel to come.

so west ham will buy players because they have the european draw, whereas we should sack our manager even IF he wins the FA Cup which would also put us in europe but ....

yeah i'm not really sure where your point was going there.

Witzel is heading to Serie A supposedly. Juventus, where I see Rom going myself...

I'd have that Javi Garcia from Zenit if they're shipping players. Swerve Hulk. Overrated

If he does go there though I'll take Dybala as a consolation prize.

I'd absolutely love Morata tbh, he has so much to his game and he would improve our attack tremendously. He's fast, strong, clinical and very intelligent, can't ask for much more in a striker. He might actually come here too knowing he'd be the star player whose name is on the back of everyone's shirts. Bit like Mirallas who swerved Arsenal to be the big man here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back