Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has 7 goals and 11 assists in 5 seasons. I'm not convinced he is better than Lennon particularly based on recent form. And just because he's been involved with England doesn't mean he's a great player. If he could stay fit then I think he'd be an okay signing but I wouldn't be massively excited about it the way some people would be.

After a quick look at the out of contract article on sky theres a few players who could do a job for us ,
obviously it's just personal opinion but what are peoples thought on these additions?
Wages would be higher than usual but thats a lot of quality and experience available for relatively low risk

feghouli- decent creative wide player, more pienaar than deulofeou
banega- well known tidy player that we always get linked with, maybe this is the year we finally get him?
mandanda- experienced goalkeeper, either as backup or no.1
van der wiel- experienced, reliable backup/ competition for coleman

After a quick look at the out of contract article on sky theres a few players who could do a job for us ,
obviously it's just personal opinion but what are peoples thought on these additions?
Wages would be higher than usual but thats a lot of quality and experience available for relatively low risk

banega- well known tidy player that we always get linked with, maybe this is the year we finally get him?

I think we've got a work permit for him laying around somewhere.

I'm not keen on Mandanda much but the other 3 would definitely make us stronger. So with that I can conclude we will sign none of them.

:(

According to the Spanish press Real Madrid are interested in taking up the buy back option they have on Morata for 30 million Euros then selling him for a profit (talking of 50 million Euros) to the premier League. The article mentioned that Arsenal and the rs are likely destinations. However seeing as they are also reported to be interested in bidding 75 million Euros for Lukaku, we might be able to wrangle something there.
In an ideal world he'd be the perfect partner for Lukaku rather than a replacement. Doesn't seem to be a 25-30 goals a season striker, more like 15-20 range. Although he does create a lot and seems to have a happy knack of scoring in important matches.
I think if we were looking at players in exchange, Jese Rodriguez would be a good bet as well. Decent goal scorer but not a target man, more in the Raul mould.

I think if we were looking at players in exchange, Jese Rodriguez would be a good bet as well. Decent goal scorer but not a target man, more in the Raul mould.
I'll take Isco and Jese and 15m for Lukaku. But those type of deals don't work in reality, because Real Madrid players don't want to join a team they've never heard of and who, once again, finished in the bottom half of the Premier League.

"You're going to Liverpool, lads"

"Ah great! 5 times European Champions winners FC Liverpool?"

"No, Everton. They're from the city of Liverpoool."

"Ah ffs. CBA."

I'll take Isco and Jese and 15m for Lukaku. But those type of deals don't work in reality, because Real Madrid players don't want to join a team they've never heard of and who, once again, finished in the bottom half of the Premier League.

"Ah ffs. CBA."

This just reeks of the dark side this.

*readies safari

"Ah ffs. CBA."
Hahaha. Goodbye.

"Ah ffs. CBA."

yeah all those players who joined city were gutted...

Banega has one year left on his contract at Seville - he isn't in his last year
Feghouli is primarily a right winger
Mandanda is a keeper who most reckon has regressed over the last few seasons
Van der wiel is someone who has had disciplinary problems at PSV

Honestly the only one who would add something to the team is Banega - who himself has had a few attitude problems over the years and isn't actually coming out of contract, the rest would just be either in positions we are well covered in or journeyman backups on massive wages

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back