Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://readeverton.com/2016/04/11/sambou-join-blues/

SAMBOU TO JOIN BLUES
Everton are set to sign Coventry City youngster Bassala Sambou in the summer after he rejected a new deal with the Sky Blues, according to the Coventry Telegraph.

German-born Sambou has scored 25 goals this season, with 9 of those coming in the FA Youth Cup, but he is yet to make an appearance in Tony Mowbray’s first team.

Although promised a future role in Coventry’s plans, the highly-rated teenager appears to have set his sights on a Premier League move.

The 18-year-old academy graduate has reportedly been at loggerheads with Coventry who have according to manager Tony Mowbray made a ‘pretty good offer beyond what we might have offered normal scholars’.

The story of Sambou is reminiscent of many a youth player who have found themselves in limbo after signing their first professional contract but are lacking first team starts, the most famous of which being Paul Pogba, who infamously leftManchester United in 2012.

Along with Sambou, Swiss wonderkid Shani Tarashaj will team up with Everton in the summer.

The Grasshoppers forward signed a four-and-a-half-year deal in January with fee believed to be around £3.5million.

Always good to make these types of signings. Nothing realy to add on the above text other than hes a German born Englishman and it says on other sites that they offered more than usual to keep him (direct manager quotes) so hopefully hes decent.

We seem to be lacking in the striker department so thats good.

ok looking at the bargain bins section I have my eyes on the following players if Newcastle, Villa and Sunderland are relegated. I've also listed some Norwich players just in case they end up going down as well instead of Sunderland or Newcastle. I've also picked a few Championship players.

Adama Traore - Aston Villa - ex Barca La Masia Academy product who was highly rated and only 20 years old

Jack Grealish - Aston Villa - has the potential to be a class player imo

Patrick Van Aanholt - Sunderland - been very impressed with him this season, scored a few goals and loves to attack. Played for Netherlands as well in the recent friendlies. He could potentially be a good replacement for either baines or oviedo.

Wahbi Khazri - Sunderland - he looks a tidy player from what I have seen of him so far.

Moussa Sissoko - Newcastle - the guy has some engine on him he never seems to stop running - my only concern would be he might give the ball away too much and we have plenty of midfielders like that already

Mitrovic - Newcastle - reminds me of Big Dunc - good in the air, likes to get involved in a challenge, passionate - ok he can be hot headed but we need someone like that in the team as we haven't had anyone like that since fellaini / cahill.

Georginio Wijnaldum - Newcastle - i'm not 100% certain on him - Newcastle fans say he's great going forward but neglects his defensive duties. Not sure I would want someone like that.

Nathan Redmond - Norwich - has always looked a tricky player with the potential to be a top player. Started the season off well scoring a few goals but has faded a bit. I'd still take a punt on him though.

Moussa Dembele - Fulham - scored 14 goals this season and looks impressive - we have previously been linked

Tom Heaton - Burnley - 3rd most clean sheets in the championship - touted as a potential replacement for Howard

Oliver Norwood - Reading - one of the best midfielders in the championship this year - he suits Martinez's possession style football, he loves to keep possession which could be down to the fact he was a Man Utd academy player. He's definately one to watch.

Id have been keen on some of them but now we have Moshiri we need to sign top quality and dont need any squad players.

Possible exception would be Dembele

tim cahill and phil jagielka were championship players

got a problem with them?

Of course not.

The point is those players (except maybe from Norwich) haven't been good enough for the premier league this season. We aren't going to magically climb the league by buying players worse than our own (IMO)

Of course not.

The point is those players (except maybe from Norwich) haven't been good enough for the premier league this season. We aren't going to magically climb the league by buying players worse than our own (IMO)

leicester's title winning team is made from a combination of rejects who got relegated or played in the lower divisions

you shouldn't label individuals when its a team effort, just because villa have been poor this season doesnt mean adama traore won't be a revelation here. some of the players i have listed have not even played that many first team games. alot of them are future talent.

leicester's title winning team is made from a combination of rejects who got relegated or played in the lower divisions

you shouldn't label individuals when its a team effort, just because villa have been poor this season doesnt mean adama traore won't be a revelation here. some of the players i have listed have not even played that many first team games. alot of them are future talent.

Adama is a RW and we have Deulofeu/Lennon there + will try and shift McGeady and Mirallas in the summer...

Heaton is 30 year old keeper and 3rd or 4th choice for England so below our competitors level.

What we need is real top class. Mitrovic may be decent in our team putting crosses in but theres better out there.

Adama is a RW and we have Deulofeu/Lennon there + will try and shift McGeady and Mirallas in the summer...

Heaton is 30 year old keeper and 3rd or 4th choice for England so below our competitors level.

What we need is real top class. Mitrovic may be decent in our team putting crosses in but theres better out there.
im just throwing names in the hat that's all.

realistically i don't expect us to sign any of these players but i wouldn't mind one or two from that list to bolster the squad.

with the new billionaire we will probably be aiming big anyway.

ok looking at the bargain bins section I have my eyes on the following players if Newcastle, Villa and Sunderland are relegated. I've also listed some Norwich players just in case they end up going down as well instead of Sunderland or Newcastle. I've also picked a few Championship players.

Adama Traore - Aston Villa - ex Barca La Masia Academy product who was highly rated and only 20 years old

Jack Grealish - Aston Villa - has the potential to be a class player imo

Patrick Van Aanholt - Sunderland - been very impressed with him this season, scored a few goals and loves to attack. Played for Netherlands as well in the recent friendlies. He could potentially be a good replacement for either baines or oviedo.

Wahbi Khazri - Sunderland - he looks a tidy player from what I have seen of him so far.

Moussa Sissoko - Newcastle - the guy has some engine on him he never seems to stop running - my only concern would be he might give the ball away too much and we have plenty of midfielders like that already

Mitrovic - Newcastle - reminds me of Big Dunc - good in the air, likes to get involved in a challenge, passionate - ok he can be hot headed but we need someone like that in the team as we haven't had anyone like that since fellaini / cahill.

Georginio Wijnaldum - Newcastle - i'm not 100% certain on him - Newcastle fans say he's great going forward but neglects his defensive duties. Not sure I would want someone like that.

Nathan Redmond - Norwich - has always looked a tricky player with the potential to be a top player. Started the season off well scoring a few goals but has faded a bit. I'd still take a punt on him though.

Moussa Dembele - Fulham - scored 14 goals this season and looks impressive - we have previously been linked

Tom Heaton - Burnley - 3rd most clean sheets in the championship - touted as a potential replacement for Howard

Oliver Norwood - Reading - one of the best midfielders in the championship this year - he suits Martinez's possession style football, he loves to keep possession which could be down to the fact he was a Man Utd academy player. He's definately one to watch.

Mate I personally think we wont be shopping at Aldi this year we will be looking at Sainsbury's don't think that any of those players will improve on what we already have.

Mitrovic or Dembele sign and Rom departs, think of the fume and I am sure Moutsgoat would explode

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back