Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm 34... But you have pretty much summed up how I feel... I feel as though we are playing a training game constantly. I used to love derby games and the 100mph pace they were played at.. I used to hate when we lost obviously.. But could handle defeats if we were putting effort in and flying in with tackles...now when we loose I can't take it as it looks as though we haven't even tried

See, I completely disagree with you, but I understand why people think this

There's just as much effort but because we're not constantly trying to win 50/50 aerial balls etc, there's not as much on the pitch to get the crowd going in the way they've been used to in the past

To me, it's a good thing and I think it's the crowd who need to adapt slightly. In effect, for the most part, the crowd has been used to the battle on the pitch getting them going rather than the other way round most of the time. If we've got the ball most of the time, there's going to be less opportunity for this to happen.

I went to watch Schalke vs Hertha Berlin in November and the atmosphere surprised me - the crowd there take it upon themselves to produce the noise rather than reacting to what happens on the pitch. Most people are too stuck in their ways to change, but if Martinez is a success (by no means certain, in fact probably unlikely the way things have gone in the last 18 months) then we either put up with a crap atmosphere or we do something about it ourselves and that probably means the things people have scoffed at in the past like a singing section etc

There's just as much effort but because we're not constantly trying to win 50/50 aerial balls etc, there's not as much on the pitch to get the crowd going in the way they've been used to in the past

To me, it's a good thing and I think it's the crowd who need to adapt slightly. In effect, for the most part, the crowd has been used to the battle on the pitch getting them going rather than the other way round most of the time. If we've got the ball most of the time, there's going to be less opportunity for this to happen.

I went to watch Schalke vs Hertha Berlin in November and the atmosphere surprised me - the crowd there take it upon themselves to produce the noise rather than reacting to what happens on the pitch. Most people are too stuck in their ways to change, but if Martinez is a success (by no means certain, in fact probably unlikely the way things have gone in the last 18 months) then we either put up with a crap atmosphere or we do something about it ourselves and that probably means the things people have scoffed at in the past like a singing section etc

The German fans are fantastic in fairness.

As you said, they produce their own atmosphere, which in turn boosts the players. The players do something, and that then boosts the crowd.

Atmosphere was good the other night and we put in a good display. Don't think it's any coincidence.

Blood and thunder is English football. Foreign leagues are boring and slow in comparison, it's why English football is as popular as it is now. I remember Italian football on channel 4 on Sunday's, and even at 9 years old I found it boring and slow. It should be the crowd that reacts to the pitch IMO. Remember Blackburn when turner got sent off? Crowd was vicious after the 2 minute and the ref, blackburn and Everton were all effected by it. I don't see why it's the fans job to entertain themselves and make the atmosphere... If you go to a gig it's the band that get the crowd going not the other way round. Not all teams play like us... And his his first season we had a balance of possession with Moyes style of defence, and it was awesome. We stand off teams and literally nobody tackles or presses them, we are essentially waiting for them to have a bad touch. This is why we look so different when JM and besic play, they show tenacity and apply pressure. Football is meant to be entertaining and get you going. Watching a training paced game is dull for me to watch. Also fans like myself , that live in Aus for example , we are not there at goodison we can't get involved in the atmosphere so we need things to put us on the edge of our seat.

Another boring 3-0 win.. Haha. Hope we keep this up!!

Stoke game want boring at all. No messing around at the back , good pressure and closing down and some excellent counter attacking. We looked full of pace and energy and it was actually good to see. Possession was low but we ended up looking more dangerous. In fact Stoke were more like " Everton" all possession and no end product and week on corners and making mistakes at the back. Lennon and McCarthy make a huge difference to us, just by running and breaking up play

Attachments

• 1297160011-26.webp
    1297160011-26.webp
    19.9 KB · Views: 72

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back