Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
True but as he has said many times he wants to play in the Prem.

It sounds stupid but Dortmund can't compete with the wages we could offer. They would have to break their entire structure. I'm pretty sure that Reus and Hummels, there top earners, earn around about £60k p/week (so around 100k in Euros).
Christ, what exchange rate are you using? £60k is about €77k.

Before the takeover / new investment I would have expected us to spend £20-30 mill in the summer given the new TV deal ,even more if we sell one of our crown jewels.

However whilst I dismiss this talk of a £100 mill spend on new players I do think that £50 million spent and retaining all our top players may be acievable.

Realistically we need a keeper , left midfield , central midfielder and back up right back and properly managed should have a very decent shout of top 4 .

Cant see us spending a vast amount this summer to be honest, we will lose a lot of players due to contracts expiring and we will fill the holes in the squad.

The Keeper is unknown at the moment, suppose it depends on Robles, if hes good enough, think we will get an old head whos willing to sit on the bench and play in the cups, if hes not good enough, well theres Keepers out there that arent Jack Butland and dont cost 20m+. Most of our money should be spent on a number 8 of real quality, a door unlocker who is strong and can hold his own in midfield, then we probably need an attacking player who can play upfront, in the hole and on the left if needed, then maybe some cover at RB, depending on how "ready" Holgate and the rest of the young uns are, they will probably get a run out in pre-season to test the water.

Basically Robles is the key at the moment, hes the 1 player we aint really sure on, we must do everything to keep Lukaku, that will be a real battle IMO, hopefully Fozzy talks the talk and the lad is willing to bide his time and wait for the "project" to take shape.

We aint a million miles away, we havent been for years, under Moyes it was all about 3-4 players in key areas, currently its about 1-2 in key areas and we have some real quality as back up in certain areas. We have been outplayed only about 3-4 times this season, we have a squad full of very talented young players with bags of potential, if we can add 2 players of real quality in goal and at number 8 we can really have a good go at top 4 next season IMO.

The future is bright, IMO, it was looking bright anyway, my main concern was losing our better players and while I have major doubts about Lukaku, we defo have a better chance of keeping him than we did last week.

To all the kopites reading this, you are our after birth and will soon be in our shadow, enjoy your overpriced tier on our old ground and I will enjoy your tears when we sh1t on you every season. JFT39

Please no Rooney. Lets not become too much of a pre-retirement club.

Its more than just football, and would work wonders for Marketing.

The name 'Wayne Rooney', is probably bigger than 'Everton' around the world.....and you can just imagine the companies that would like Wayne Rooney wearing there Company logo.

Not sure I want Rooney back. Imagine the wedge he'd be on, and I wouldn't want him starting ahead of Ross.

Want a top keeper though. Joel looks handy but I think we need to raid Germany and get on of their many promising young keepers. Zieler would be my preference because I've actually seen him play a few times. Horn, Leno, and Karius all seem to come with reputations attached too though. Get one in!

Side note, look at any of those lids on Youtube and it says Welcome to Liverpool in the comments. They like Mignolet about as much as we like Howard.

Cant see us spending a vast amount this summer to be honest, we will lose a lot of players due to contracts expiring and we will fill the holes in the squad.

The Keeper is unknown at the moment, suppose it depends on Robles, if hes good enough, think we will get an old head whos willing to sit on the bench and play in the cups, if hes not good enough, well theres Keepers out there that arent Jack Butland and dont cost 20m+. Most of our money should be spent on a number 8 of real quality, a door unlocker who is strong and can hold his own in midfield, then we probably need an attacking player who can play upfront, in the hole and on the left if needed, then maybe some cover at RB, depending on how "ready" Holgate and the rest of the young uns are, they will probably get a run out in pre-season to test the water.

Basically Robles is the key at the moment, hes the 1 player we aint really sure on, we must do everything to keep Lukaku, that will be a real battle IMO, hopefully Fozzy talks the talk and the lad is willing to bide his time and wait for the "project" to take shape.

We aint a million miles away, we havent been for years, under Moyes it was all about 3-4 players in key areas, currently its about 1-2 in key areas and we have some real quality as back up in certain areas. We have been outplayed only about 3-4 times this season, we have a squad full of very talented young players with bags of potential, if we can add 2 players of real quality in goal and at number 8 we can really have a good go at top 4 next season IMO.

The future is bright, IMO, it was looking bright anyway, my main concern was losing our better players and while I have major doubts about Lukaku, we defo have a better chance of keeping him than we did last week.

To all the kopites reading this, you are our after birth and will soon be in our shadow, enjoy your overpriced tier on our old ground and I will enjoy your tears when we sh1t on you every season. JFT39
This in a nutshell really.

I would imagine 1 marquee signing one or 2 squad fillers and our usual year poaching of some young unknown potential to vanish into the youth team.

I'd be ok with that personally. Besides, we have some genuinely exciting talent pushing through the ranks and I'd rather those lads get a chance than to be stuck behind a more bloated squad.

Priority must be holding onto the talent we have.

Basically business as almost usual :p

I would expect the major changes will happen behind the scenes at least for the first year. Which, if we are being honest, is exactly what is needed.

COYB! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back