Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm stuck on Yarmolenko because his power on the left should compliment the guile of Deulofeu on the right and they hopefully could alternate during games which would bring different threats to the full backs!
Would like Yarmolenko of course but still think we will get the old I want champions league football quote from him or his agent and arsenal will probably provide that I hope we don't hear the same from Lukaku

We don't need that many keepers chief

Also, if we did sign the King, I think he'd be out on the left as a David Silva type. Too lightweight for midfield and Barkley is #10

Haha, well if Howard stays we could do with 5 or 6 helping with his "netminding".

You mean Torres? I am thinking along these lines really, long term:

DM -- McCarthy
CM -- Besic
ACM - Barkley / Tarashaj (unproven)

Left -- Cleverley / Niasse
Right - Deulofeu / Lennon

The right side is fine. However i'd prefer to see Niasse competing with Lukaku and Cleverey as a utility player (or a better option).

Centrally we need someone to compete with Besic and also succession planning for Barry (to compete with McCarthy).

So ideally Yarmolenko on the left
In the centre if we were to sign one player only then its preferable that they can play both DM and CM, for me that would be Tielemans Nevez or Niguez from my list. Good enough now at CM but also able to take Barrys role as pivot (basically a new Busquets) who are young enough to be 'mentored' by Barry for a season but far superior technically with massive potential.

If we signed two central players then i'd expect Martinez would want a "playmaker" such as Torres or Bernardo Silva who (as you say) could also play on the left but also to sit deep and/or compete or rotate with Barkley so he isnt worn out.

Reactions: FTY
Would like Yarmolenko of course but still think we will get the old I want champions league football quote from him or his agent and arsenal will probably provide that I hope we don't hear the same from Lukaku

I mentioned in another thread, he was quoted before the Man City game as saying if it was a choice of Barca or Everton he would prefer us. Because he wants to play every few days or else his family get annoyed by him :) he said thats preferable to "taking selfies with Messi".

i think we will get him now.

Why would stoke sell arguably their best player? Butland is even more unrealistic
indeed.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/stoke-double-jack-butlands-wages-7466949

Stoke to double Jack Butland's wages to fend off big clubs' transfer interest in their England keeper
  • 22:30, 29 FEB 2016
  • BY STEVE MADELEY
The 22-year-old’s current contract still has three years to run but the Potters are keen to rip it up and increase his pay to more than £50,000 a week

Stoke goalkeeper Jack Butland is in line for a double-your-money new five-year contract.
The Potters have opened talks with the 22-year-old about a new deal worth more than £50,000 a week.
Butland’s current contract, which he signed just 11 months ago, still has three years to run but Stoke chiefs are keen to up his wages as reward for an impressive season.
They hope a new deal will also fend off possible summer bids from bigger Premier League clubs.
Since signing his current contract last March, Butland has become Stoke’s regular No.1 and produced a string of excellent performances.
That has seen him become Joe Hart’s main understudy with England and Stoke now want to tie him down until 2021.
The FA are meanwhile investigating after a coin was allegedly thrown at Butland during Saturday’s 2-1 win over Aston Villa.
An FA spokesman said: “We are aware of the incident following the referee’s report and are investigating it.”

@Ron Burgundy

Doesn't change the fact we were interested in them all but finances stopped us going all in. Payet for his age, Shaqiri for his attitude (dodged a bullet) and Yarmolenko for that dictator of an owner

Independent link: http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...l-in-the-summer-transfer-window-a6903786.html

£2 million seems a bit cheap... I mean, for a 19 year old of the calibre we're now looking at.
Yes I don't get this story. If you read up on him he's only 19, already broken in to the Villarreal first team and is a Spain U19 international tipped for a bright future.

He signed a contract extension last November and his contract runs until June 2019.

And Villarreal are happy to sell him to us for a paltry 2 million quid?

Makes zero sense that one.

Not saying it should, just that I'm not necessarily worried about every player we sign being 21 with potential.

In key positions, we can afford to buy the finished article if need be now.

Yeh I think that's what the main positive is.

This summer (and even now) there is going to be/already is loads of hype about signing loads of players etc etc.

It doesn't work. Liverpool have proved that in the sense that in the last 10 years since that FA Cup win they've only gone backwards. Spurs went down the 'moneyball' route when they sold Bale and swiftly realised it didn't work.

The best policy for our club (even with this new investment) is to still target youth in terms of integrating the young players into the squad and giving them key responsibilities. However, as you correctly point out, the investment, combined with the even bigger influx of TV cash, means that we can also afford to go out and get our No.1 target(s), as well as meaning that if a big name player does leave, we will be able to (or should) have all of that money available to go back into the squad - rather than the worry of (the majority of) it disappearing.

Ideally, for me, this summer would see the following:

Stones, Rom, Barks and Del to stay/sign new deals (don't think it will happen with the first two before the Euros - wouldn't be surprised to see Barkley signed up by the end of the season).

Shift out Howard, McGeady, Gibson, Pienaar, Osman and Hibbert - though i'd look to keep both Osman and Hibbert on in a coaching/staff capacity, and I don't think it would hurt if Osman did even stay on for another year on the playing staff as long as the wages were right. I also imagine that Mirallas will leave but I believe we'll get a decent fee for him - and I think if anybody offers anything for Kone he'll be gone as well.

The priority is then getting a first choice, proven quality player for the left/advanced midfield. I'll use Yarmolenko as an example since we have so obviously had interest/bids, but it's just an example - that is the type of player I see us spending 'big' money on.

Then obviously the other priority is a goalkeeper. A lot depends on how Joel does until the end of the season. For me, he deserves his chance to shine and show he can be our first choice and the answer in the long term as well as the short term. If he does continue to improve, then we don't need to go out and pay huge fees for a goalkeeper. Butland or Forster are none-starters, to be honest, and I'm not all that sold on Begovic. Yann Sommer would be my choice if we were shopping abroad, or Handanovic from Inter. Someone of that quality is needed if Joel doesn't make the grade as first choice.

Other areas that would need addressing (depending on whether we got Europe obviously as then we'd probably need another centre back) will be a second-choice right back and potentially another forward. However, we've got Niasse and we've got Tarashaj to come in the summer.

All of the above is presuming we keep hold of both Stones and Rom. Personally, I see one of them going - though not both. The money should then be used to buy a top-class replacement(s) - but again - restrict that to two quality players rather than 5 or 6 as Spurs/the RS did/do.

Yeh I think that's what the main positive is.

This summer (and even now) there is going to be/already is loads of hype about signing loads of players etc etc.

It doesn't work. Liverpool have proved that in the sense that in the last 10 years since that FA Cup win they've only gone backwards. Spurs went down the 'moneyball' route when they sold Bale and swiftly realised it didn't work.

The best policy for our club (even with this new investment) is to still target youth in terms of integrating the young players into the squad and giving them key responsibilities. However, as you correctly point out, the investment, combined with the even bigger influx of TV cash, means that we can also afford to go out and get our No.1 target(s), as well as meaning that if a big name player does leave, we will be able to (or should) have all of that money available to go back into the squad - rather than the worry of (the majority of) it disappearing.

Ideally, for me, this summer would see the following:

Stones, Rom, Barks and Del to stay/sign new deals (don't think it will happen with the first two before the Euros - wouldn't be surprised to see Barkley signed up by the end of the season).

Shift out Howard, McGeady, Gibson, Pienaar, Osman and Hibbert - though i'd look to keep both Osman and Hibbert on in a coaching/staff capacity, and I don't think it would hurt if Osman did even stay on for another year on the playing staff as long as the wages were right. I also imagine that Mirallas will leave but I believe we'll get a decent fee for him - and I think if anybody offers anything for Kone he'll be gone as well.

The priority is then getting a first choice, proven quality player for the left/advanced midfield. I'll use Yarmolenko as an example since we have so obviously had interest/bids, but it's just an example - that is the type of player I see us spending 'big' money on.

Then obviously the other priority is a goalkeeper. A lot depends on how Joel does until the end of the season. For me, he deserves his chance to shine and show he can be our first choice and the answer in the long term as well as the short term. If he does continue to improve, then we don't need to go out and pay huge fees for a goalkeeper. Butland or Forster are none-starters, to be honest, and I'm not all that sold on Begovic. Yann Sommer would be my choice if we were shopping abroad, or Handanovic from Inter. Someone of that quality is needed if Joel doesn't make the grade as first choice.

Other areas that would need addressing (depending on whether we got Europe obviously as then we'd probably need another centre back) will be a second-choice right back and potentially another forward. However, we've got Niasse and we've got Tarashaj to come in the summer.

All of the above is presuming we keep hold of both Stones and Rom. Personally, I see one of them going - though not both. The money should then be used to buy a top-class replacement(s) - but again - restrict that to two quality players rather than 5 or 6 as Spurs/the RS did/do.

Agreed with all of this pretty much.

I wonder how outlandish the rumours for that left attacking player will get. Isco is being reported as available for 30-35m this summer for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back