Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty much. It's pretty much all Evertonian's

I don't mind the player just the fees being quoted for a post 30 player
After a summer of nothing I would be delighted if we got him. Sod the price we are supposed to have a huge transfer fund and have done nothing.

A quality defender who looks after himself and doesnt rely on pace can still do a job in the prem at 36, so i dont think 32 is necessarily over the hill!

I think people need to consider how many squad players we have lost? We can't backfill them all with £30M players! I would be very happy with Brady, Williams etc. Provided they are as well as, rather than instead of, a few big names!

Good info that, just hope the numptys who say John Stones is no good in the air read it and see that he is actually good in the air.

Thats the thing about stats though mate, if he doesn't actually jump then it's not recorded as an aerial duel yanno :)

hence why Stones has a way lower amount contested than either of these two chaps, despite the opposition at times bombing us with crosses due to our inability to defend them

It's also how Howard came out quite well on certain goalkeeper 'stats' staying on hi line actually gave him a better rating than those who came for crosses - GO STATS!

Don't quite understand the love in for Koulibaly and the disdain (not Distin) for Williams.
Koulibaly is just this years Mangala - he's everybody's must have fashion item. He's had a great season no doubt but was pottering around in the Belgian League before that. Does he justify that obscene amount of £40m? It's a risk if we do buy him.
Williams, however, has been solid for many a season and along with all his Premier League experience he is available for a quarter of what Koulibaly is (leaving us plenty of cash to buy other players) and less of a risk in my opinion.
I'm not against us buying Koulibaly but I would feel more settled if we got Williams in.
And if we sell Stones for £50m we could always buy both of them!

Don't quite understand the love in for Koulibaly and the disdain (not Distin) for Williams.
Koulibaly is just this years Mangala - he's everybody's must have fashion item. He's had a great season no doubt but was pottering around in the Belgian League before that. Does he justify that obscene amount of £40m? It's a risk if we do buy him.
Williams, however, has been solid for many a season and along with all his Premier League experience he is available for a quarter of what Koulibaly is (leaving us plenty of cash to buy other players) and less of a risk in my opinion.
I'm not against us buying Koulibaly but I would feel more settled if we got Williams in.
And if we sell Stones for £50m we could always buy both of them!

You buy both, the way Koulibaly seems to play you will do better and get the best out of him with a no nonsense cb alongside him as he seems to like to attack the ball, Mori is a complete unknown going into the second season, could develp into a very good player or could end up becoming Collochini at Newcastle version 2, Stones is off, and Jagielka is falling to pieces with increased frequency and the rest are young lids no where near ready to play a lot of games this season

You buy both, the way Koulibaly seems to play you will do better and get the best out of him with a no nonsense cb alongside him as he seems to like to attack the ball, Mori is a complete unknown going into the second season, could develp into a very good player or could end up becoming Collochini at Newcastle version 2, Stones is off, and Jagielka is falling to pieces with increased frequency and the rest are young lids no where near ready to play a lot of games this season

Only one I'd feel remotely confident in playing some games is Galloway. Need both Williams and Koulibaly when John goes, to add to Mori and Jags.

It really isn't. When did football fans get so obsessed with transfer fees?

Is it the sky sports generation?

Yes, mate it is.

Fans like @kithnou want value for money.

Overspending and getting poor value is not good for a football club.

Imagine we spend £10 million plus £3.5 million a year on wages on Ashley Williams.

He spends three years at the club. Thats £6.8 MILLION per year we will be paying out and have to write off due to this fee and player.

Thats not good value at all. When we are linked for other players at a fraction of that price with BOOK VALUE at the end of three years.

Yes, mate it is.

Fans like @kithnou want value for money.

Overspending and getting poor value is not good for a football club.

Imagine we spend £10 million plus £3.5 million a year on wages on Ashley Williams.

He spends three years at the club. Thats £6.8 MILLION per year we will be paying out and have to write off due to this fee and player.

Thats not good value at all. When we are linked for other players at a fraction of that price with BOOK VALUE at the end of three years.

So you think Distin was a bad purchase using that logic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back