Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, they failed to sign Fabregas, ended up signing Fellaini instead, and then experienced their worst season in a lifetime. That was the reality of the situation. It was also three years ago, and yet Everton near enough have the exact same squad to choose from, although we don't even have a goalkeeper anymore, and everyone is now three years older.

Acknowledging that our squad is weaker than it was three years ago is called dealing with reality. You're free to delude yourself into thinking that McCarthy is a great player who will be 'pulling the strings' with his infallible mate Gareth Barry, but the truth is that is a bottom half standard pairing. Our defence is WOEFUL and can't even deal with a cross into the box.

If the signings come then fine, there will finally be some improvement for the first time in three years. But until then, this squad is weak and in a very poor state, and no amount of your delusion is going to change that.
They problem with this whole "worst season ever" argument is that we have finished 4 spots worse the last 2 years than they did that season

No doubt the signings will happen, but they shouldn't of all been left this late.

Well there's four weeks and two days until the close of the window. It's not exactly late.

It's a shame more haven't come in yet and in time for the start of the season, obviously, but it certainly isn't for a lack of trying given that we are chasing targets who are our no.1 priorities and will improve the starting XI.

lollol

Doesn't necessarily have to be the ex - the current one will do - we are an inclusive community here on GOT after all - so all are welcome !
lol if someone helps me become a forum supporter without exploiting my credit card details, i read that there is a 'forum supporters only thread'. Is that where all the wife sharing goes down is it ;)

not sure which would cost me more! The legal battle with the ex tart for sending the lads her pink bits, or giving my credit card details out over the internet... lol, any tips on the payment methods would be great @GrandOldTeam
postal order front.webp

don't we all have the 'work only' folder buried away somewhere on our pc's hahaha

I don't think "work only" is the safest option for your special file naming convention - that's the sort of thing they will still be happy to have a nose in if they get access.

I prefer the "system files" approach as a scare off technique - much safer option - unless of course the old trout is a bit of a nerd !

So, they failed to sign Fabregas, ended up signing Fellaini instead, and then experienced their worst season in a lifetime. That was the reality of the situation. It was also three years ago, and yet Everton near enough have the exact same squad to choose from, although we don't even have a goalkeeper anymore, and everyone is now three years older.

Acknowledging that our squad is weaker than it was three years ago is called dealing with reality. You're free to delude yourself into thinking that McCarthy is a great player who will be 'pulling the strings' with his infallible mate Gareth Barry, but the truth is that is a bottom half standard pairing. Our defence is WOEFUL and can't even deal with a cross into the box.

If the signings come then fine, there will finally be some improvement for the first time in three years. But until then, this squad is weak and in a very poor state, and no amount of your delusion is going to change that.

Even when Koeman prioritises three central midfield signings (4 if we include Mata), it's still not enough for some people to let go of the Barry McCarthy delusion. Martinez really did pull the wool over some eyes. Even after consecutive bottom half finishes and the firing of a manager on the back of some of the worst football of the past 20 years people still think 35 year old Barry and I can't pass forward McCarthy are good enough for a team looking to challenge the top 4.

I don't think "work only" is the safest option for your special file naming convention - that's the sort of thing they will still be happy to have a nose in if they get access.

I prefer the "system files" approach as a scare off technique - much safer option - unless of course the old trout is a bit of nerd !
to be fair mate, im a little bit more modern then im making out. there is actually an app for iphones on the app store called hidden folder... works a treat... anywhooooo - can we sign ash williams??? seen alot of mixed comments, he really reminds me of wes morgan... i like the lad, solid euros, get him in mosh :)

Even when Koeman prioritises three central midfield signings (4 if we include Mata), it's still not enough for some people to let go of the Barry McCarthy delusion. Martinez really did pull the wool over some eyes. Even after consecutive bottom half finishes and the firing of a manager on the back of some of the worst football of the past 20 years people still think 35 year old Barry and I can't pass forward McCarthy are good enough for a team looking to challenge the top 4.

I don't think anyone is saying that.

We'll no doubt get about 3 points from our first 3 games thanks to our two best players desperately wanting to leave us and not having much quality in the squad aside from them and no new signings bedded in. I think people are forgetting we have 3 games within the next 3 weeks and a bad start could really set us up for a disappointing season. So much for the new era.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back