Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chelsea bidding £35mil for Romagnoli...we should have tried for him at the start of the window along with our Rugani bid.

Pissing 6m up a wall every year isnt ideal tho is it, I mean for somebody with the means to pay it off.

If we have the means to pay it off then great, but it didn't make sense to use our revenue to pay off debt at a time when the revenue was needed to strengthen the team. Even if Moshiri actually invested and paid the debt off, there is still an argument that it would be better used on squad strengthening, depends on your opinion.

Are you serious?

Would be nice if it happens but I wouldn't put much money on it. lol

Deadly mate, theres to much out there for nothing to be happening, the drums are beating.

Ronny wants some quality in certain areas, we will certainly give it a good crack, but sadly it appears as tho so many doors have been slammed rar in our faces this summer.

Gotta keep the faith, the game is out there.

Mate, you make the claims - I'm just asking you where they come from. Thought this was a discussion forum...

Your views could be right mate, but just like those 'unsubstantiated claims on message boards', you can't back them up. We have a difference of opinion. Let me leave this with one thought - do you believe that Moshiri, given his professional career / background to date, decided to make such a public entry into one of the most visible sporting markets in the world with the sole intention of stiffing us by stripping the asset base and in the process shattering his personal business reputation? Time will tell I guess, but for some reason it seems to be your opening assumption.

What are you on about now? I have never even insinuated that Moshiri wants to ruin us through asset stripping. I'm just saying that I am waiting for this supposed investment to materialise, as it hasn't happened yet.

If we have the means to pay it off then great, but it didn't make sense to use our revenue to pay off debt at a time when the revenue was needed to strengthen the team. Even if Moshiri actually invested and paid the debt off, there is still an argument that it would be better used on squad strengthening, depends on your opinion.

Well my opinion has always been he was willing to do both, time will tell whether that was a lack of judgement I suppose.

Mate, you make the claims - I'm just asking you where they come from. Thought this was a discussion forum...

Your views could be right mate, but just like those 'unsubstantiated claims on message boards', you can't back them up. We have a difference of opinion. Let me leave this with one thought - do you believe that Moshiri, given his professional career / background to date, decided to make such a public entry into one of the most visible sporting markets in the world with the sole intention of stiffing us by stripping the asset base and in the process shattering his personal business reputation? Time will tell I guess, but for some reason it seems to be your opening assumption.

If we are being honest, you made claims and then said you based the financials from the annual report. When, the last annual report was done before Moshiri got involved.

As a judge I have to award this contest to @Dymak

If we don't get our shiny new stadium on the docks, the fault will be on your shoes.

I think he might come here just because he's guaranteed to be No.1 , more so than many other places available to him now. If he wants a 'big 6' club in the EPL, he's struggling this year, they've all got solid keepers, and Madrid, Barca, Juve, Munich, Dortmund, PSG, all the same, so he has to take a 'step down' from CL to revive his career, then maybe 3-4 years down the line he can go to another bigger club again.

If we are being honest, you made claims and then said you based the financials from the annual report. When, the last annual report was done before Moshiri got involved.

If we don't get our shiny new stadium on the docks, the fault will be on your shoes.

Lol, but you missed that @Dymak claimed the City money funded the Koeman/Walsh/Martinez expenses (all 'real' and post balance sheet close), which were paid well before we sold Stones, so at least I could claim an honourable draw... ;)

Mate,

I get what you're saying but - and as I've mentioned - that type of (vile phrase that it is) MARQUEE SIGNING is out of our hands but NOT out of our reach. And that's the annoying bit really.

100% there are offers/have been/still are offers on tables for what would be deemed a higher calibre of player.

And the funds are available for wages for these players also.

But, whether we like it or not, we're just perhaps NOT the biggest draw to that type of footballer....yet.

Genuinely feel it'll take one biggy for others to go '...Ok, there may be something going on there after all...'

But until then it's a slow-build and I trust those at the helm NOW than the ones previous. And you mention what's gone on so far....well TBH mate I'm WELL impressed with GUEYE, boss transfer that...BOLASIE could be a masterstroke and certainly adds something else. WILLIAMS has got a gob on him which justifies the fee alone for me because we haven't had a shouter for....well....ages...and the STEKKLER is as solid as yer like so far.

And these TX's have all been done rather quietly too. Which I also quite like.

It's all gonna be lovely Dude, I tells ya...

Fantastic post!

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/2015/11/18/statement-of-accounts-2015

As a result of the increase in staff costs, operating profit before player trading decreased to £16.0m (vs £23.7m in 2013/2014) but was still considered significant. In the last two financial years, the Club has reported cumulative operating profits before player trading of £39.7m, some £23m more than the aggregate of the previous 10 years to 2012/13.

What are you on about now? I have never even insinuated that Moshiri wants to ruin us through asset stripping. I'm just saying that I am waiting for this supposed investment to materialise, as it hasn't happened yet.

Ok mate, whatever. We'll see in time if he will bring investment in or not. You ARE suggesting Moshiri has put no money in yet. In truth none of us know what precise source of funds (feasibly even a mix of Mosh and Sky dough) has made the payments so far or backed the firm bids we have made for our top targets.

But you 'absolutely believe' it's not Moshiri. Nuff said...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back