Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we should make a statement and pay someone
£1 million pound a week. Over a 4-year contract that'll only be £208 million and Moshiri would still, according to Forbes, be worth over a billion.

What do you think?

Agreed - what a statement of intent that would be. It would make it a boss transfer window too - plus it can be absolutely anyone, just so long as we're paying the big bucks. Cattermole?

The £100 million shouts came from the same papers that people are very very quick to rubbish, when they publish articles they don't like, such as a certain player is set to be sold, the Mirror being the absolute worst for it.

It was just a question, nothing behind it and i offered both sides of the coin below it :)

Generally the issue i have overall is not that we haev't signed an expensive player, or spent a certain amount, but generally this winodw isn't any different to any other, part from the fact we are now offering higher wages. Realistically if we signed 2 and one was the right back, 20 million on gabbiadani. The net spend being roughly 20 is what i would expect from crystal palace to have, or west brom, or any other mid table team.

It is hard to explain this without everyone jumping in thinking i am being pessamistic or whatever. But it isn't a case of 'we haven't spent 100 million net so i'm fuming', far from it. But at the same time it isn't exactly pushing us forward to not go out of our way money wise and essentially still operate mainly a sell to buy model. The amount of money before you even factor Moshiri into it should realistically lead to more being invested.

And there is always the 'wait and see' attitude and 'we could sign this player or that' and genuinely if we did sign a few more players and decent ones at that then this window would prove to be a massive success. But i just have the feeling we won't have nay suprises and more importantly not see any player signed who improves us simply by them being in a blue shirt like others mooted would have done. the sum of all parts may be better and i would still be optimistic this season if we closed the window right now, but the squad would have improved, not the team.
Agree with everything you say, with the exception that I'm a little bit more optimistic that we can still make a couple of additional signings.

From my side, it's not really a question of how much money we spend or don't spend, its whether we have filled the gaps in quality I felt we had in both the starting 11 and the squad in general. Plus the transfer window is not just about bringing the right players in, but also managing to somehow sell or loan those that are not good enough or don't fit into the managers systems of playing.

As I said, I like what we've done so far, but there is still some way to go in my view. Adding another striker will help but the full back cover would not be one of my priorities, and Begovic I don't care for at all. So given your original scenario, the window would only be a qualified success given that I expected more. But it wouldn't have been a total failure either.

Let's see what happen some Wednesday

According to Caclio we have agreed a fee for Gabbiadinni and according to ABola and PortuBall Brahimi is heading to PL and we are favourites to sign him...so let's see what happens

Last edited:

Agree with everything you say, with the exception that I'm a little bit more optimistic that we can still make a couple of additional signings.

From my side, it's not really a question of how much money we spend or don't spend, its whether we have filled the gaps in quality I felt we had in both the starting 11 and the squad in general. Plus the transfer window is not just about bringing the right players in, but also managing to somehow sell or loan those that are not good enough or don't fit into the managers systems of playing.

As I said, I like what we've done so far, but there is still some way to go in my view. Adding another striker will help but the full back cover would not be one of my priorities, and Begovic I don't care for at all. So given your original scenario, the window would only be a qualified success given that I expected more. But it wouldn't have been a total failure either.

Let's see what happen some Wednesday
As I say I hope I'm wrong and we do sign more players lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back