Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, you all are pessimistic...Outside of a complete and total disaster, which I dont see, theres no way we are finishing below 8th. The difference between 11th and 9th is essentially 1 win. Its really only when you get to the europe spots, starting at 7 that things ramp up. 8th should be easily doable, its whether we can jump up to 6th thats the bigger question. 9th place was 51 points after all, and we had 47 last season. Realistically we need to pick up 15 points. I think thats easily doable, if Koeman can produce like he did at Southampton.

If you just take 2 of the leads we blew last year in the last few minutes(and there were more than 2) and turn them around, theres 4 points. If Williams saves you another game, theres another 2. Bolaise picks you up one winner? Theres another 2. Gueye's hard work saves a couple of would be losses and turns them into draws? Now you've picked up 10 points. If Koeman doesnt make a 5 point difference to put us at 15, we hired the wrong manager.

Man, you all are pessimistic...Outside of a complete and total disaster, which I dont see, theres no way we are finishing below 8th. The difference between 11th and 9th is essentially 1 win. Its really only when you get to the europe spots, starting at 7 that things ramp up. 8th should be easily doable, its whether we can jump up to 6th thats the bigger question. 9th place was 51 points after all, and we had 47 last season. Realistically we need to pick up 15 points. I think thats easily doable, if Koeman can produce like he did at Southampton.

If you just take 2 of the leads we blew last year in the last few minutes(and there were more than 2) and turn them around, theres 4 points. If Williams saves you another game, theres another 2. Bolaise picks you up one winner? Theres another 2. Gueye's hard work saves a couple of would be losses and turns them into draws? Now you've picked up 10 points. If Koeman doesnt make a 5 point difference to put us at 15, we hired the wrong manager.

Sounds like RAWKs APL table

Do we need another winger? We have Bolasie, Mirallas, Del, Lennon, McGeady (cough), Oviedo (maybe), surely we should be looking at other positions first?

....he appears to want his wingers to play a certain (inverted) role, almost a hybrid centre forward. Perhaps he thinks the players we currently have are not what he wants.

We have to wait till the final day as managers will be watching us especially since we have Walsh. The media are going with the story that Wenger went for our target due to Walsh.

We have to wait till the final day as managers will be watching us especially since we have Walsh. The media are going with the story that Wenger went for our target due to Walsh.

I hope thats actually true, we could have some fun with that. ARSENAL GAZUMP EVERTON TO BUY NEW NIASSE

I can't understand why no one has gone for Bony, sort of player I'd love at Everton but maybe he's got a meth problem or something.

Wages and attitude, I'm uneasy about buying players who don't mind sitting on the bench. He might have no desire to play for any clubs. Just about who will pay him the highest. West ham have come out and said they would like him but won't beg. He still got three years left on his contract and how much is he on? Maybe he waiting to see which clubs are interested? Alot of deals will be done on the last two days

Jags, Williams, Baines and Barry are all getting on now to be good over 2 seasons. Also none are top quality anymore in terms of top4 level.

The players signed arent top class. Perhaps if Gueye can keep doing well but again chelsea have kante. We need to be signing players at the level of barkley, deulofeu and lukaku etc.

I thought top 8...then top 4 then consistently top 4 but we didnt pull off any signings. Im going with 10th-15th at the moment.

We'll get 3 good seasons out of Williams and at least 3 more out of Baines. Also I'm not sure how you deduced that they're not top 4 quality anymore, seems to be purely based on their age. I guess Morgan and Fuchs aren't top 4 quality either, and someone had better tell City they can't get top 4 with Zabaleta, Sagna and Clichy in the team.

You say that we need to be signing players at the level of Barkley etc, but you just mean in terms of age and potential, not actual talent. Not sure what your obsession is with youth.

Furthermore surely nobody in their right mind thinks we're going to finish lower than 10th again.

Wages and attitude, I'm uneasy about buying players who don't mind sitting on the bench. He might have no desire to play for any clubs. Just about who will pay him the highest. West ham have come out and said they would like him but won't beg. He still got three years left on his contract and how much is he on? Maybe he waiting to see which clubs are interested? Alot of deals will be done on the last two days
Heard he was going to China at end of Season,so perhaps that's the reason ?

From what koeman said yesterday i dont expect many signing this window. The way i read it he is saying we have tried but havent been able to get the players he wonts for a number of reason and so he wont waste the money instead he will go with what he has and look again during the windows over the next coupl of season.

So its try and get european qualification to convince players we are on the up.

So players dont sign for clubs due to their manager? Players dont look at Mourinho and Guardiola and want to play for them rather than LVG or Pelligrini?

Of course players are attracted to quality managers and their playing style...its ridiculous to suggest otherwise.

You think those players that said they were attracted to United cos of Mourinho would've signed for us if we'd had Mourinho.

Easy to pretend you're attracted by some philosophy when you're getting £200k a week.

Players did sign for pellegrini and lvg btw.

So thats Wenger and also Conte saying they are having a nightmare.

Chelsea manager Antonio Conte fears he could fail to bring in the defensive targets he is seeking before the transfer window closes.

The Stamford Bridge boss has made big-money signings in Michy Batshuayi and N'Golo Kante this summer, while goalkeeper Eduardo also moved to the London club this week.

Conte feels defence is still an area he needs to strengthen but has been unable to do a deal for Napoli's Kalidou Koulibaly and Alessio Romagnoli of AC Milan, with a bid for the latter being rejected.

Now he is worried he will be left short of adequate options at the back because of an inflated market and said: "I must be honest, I think we'll have a problem to reach our targets.

"I hope, through this transfer market, to improve the squad but we understand our targets are very difficult to reach.

"I think the most important thing is to work to improve the squad and improve your players. You know that when you start the season it is already very tough.

"It's important to have many players to face these situations, but this market is very crazy and we are seeing that it's very difficult to reach our targets.

Part of it is that prem clubs all have money so there's a huge ammoubt going over into Euro clubs that normally wouldt for squad players etc means that they are able to play hardball over there star players as they have already got a lot of cash in from those sales.

Why will napoli for example sell there starting cb for 30M - chelseas first bid, when they can offload a squad striker in gabbi for close to that...

Jags, Williams, Baines and Barry are all getting on now to be good over 2 seasons. Also none are top quality anymore in terms of top4 level.

The players signed arent top class. Perhaps if Gueye can keep doing well but again chelsea have kante. We need to be signing players at the level of barkley, deulofeu and lukaku etc.

I thought top 8...then top 4 then consistently top 4 but we didnt pull off any signings. Im going with 10th-15th at the moment.

But daft that mate, as it stands right now we add a 3 players like kone, gabbi etc we are right in the pack after 3-4 teams squad wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back