Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Stones is potentially world class, unlike the rest of the squad
I think you are right but Unfortunately he's perfect for man city where they are at this point in time, for us though I'm not sure he was what we needed as a CB, we needed more strength in there. I don't think we will miss him but he was a nice luxury to have a ball playing CB. But there was one other issue he didn't want to be here.

I dont get these weird comments

Is there a formula to this rating of our spending?

Spend on Transfer - (TV Money + Stones Money) = X

So was X to be 100M for you to be happy? So if TV plus Stones was over 100M we would have had to have actually spent 150m to 200m for people to be happy?

I think his point is we haven't even spent a fraction of that. We haven't used any of the TV money. We spent more money when we bought Lukaku under BK despite the TV money going significantly up. We must be due to make a significant profit this year even after we improve Lukaku's contract.

If you're happy spending less money than we did under BK fair play.

Who? Valencia? He has a worse scoring record than Kone. I guess that's irrelevant though

As I proved, he's scored more goals and provided more assists in the last two seasons than Kone has in three...

He's also six years younger, can actually run, and can play numerous positions if needs be depending on the situation of a game.

He's also on loan so in no way are we committed either way.

So let's look at what actually happened this summer.

1. Moved Stones on. Good. The lad did not have his heart in the club, that was obvious. Best moved on. Ergo +
2. Picked up a replacement GK that is far better than Howard. Ergo +
3. Picked up Williams, central defender with years left in him. Strengthens back four, along with emergence of Holgate. Ergo +
4. Picked up Bolassie. Strong player who I believe will only get better playing alongside better players. Ergo +
5. Picked up Gueye. By all accounts the best buy of the summer. Ergo +
6. Picked up Valencia on loan. Back-up player. Better than some I could name... Ergo +

So, overall, I believe we have done OK in this window. If we have a good half-season, we may yet pull in even better players in January next year, but I feel the full season's performance will dictate how the club moves forward, together with the next major incoursion into the transfer market next summer.

So all the naysayers, look at 1 -6 above and give some thought to how the club has done this summer.

And if an outhouse like Sissoko swrerved us, then we are better off without him if that is how he conducts himself...

I agree to an extent but even the most positive Evertonians must feel this window has been a massive let down. It's all very well saying we finished 11th last year so can't attract top players. That was last year and if Moshiri really wants to change Everton and get us back to competing to win trophies then he has to sell that to top players. Stoke finished 9th last year and have had a million times better window than us.

The worrying thing personally for me is how well our squad would cope with injuries to key players, yes we have a good starting 11 but we have no quality to replace. Hopefully we can get to January injury free and then build.

I feel sorry for Koeman to be honest but I'm glad we didn't sign any mercenaries like that knob on the banner still. We have a decent manager, the best fans in the world but we need our owners to start backing us or we are screwed.

then you take the hit mate as 30 goals would see us be in with a shout of winning the bloody league since we've now got a manager who can defend

If Lukaku gets injured for a long period of time we're going to struggle, same with Gueye. Our squad isn't strong enough unless we ride our luck with injuries all season.

That's why this window is a failure and why so many people are venting.

Problem is a lot of the issues with our lack of depth won't become apparent to some of the more positive posters until we start getting injuries, which wouldn't be the case if we had made the most of this window.

I agree to an extent but even the most positive Evertonians must feel this window has been a massive let down. It's all very well saying we finished 11th last year so can't attract top players. That was last year and if Moshiri really wants to change Everton and get us back to competing to win trophies then he has to sell that to top players. Stoke finished 9th last year and have had a million times better window than us.

The worrying thing personally for me is how well our squad would cope with injuries to key players, yes we have a good starting 11 but we have no quality to replace. Hopefully we can get to January injury free and then build.

I feel sorry for Koeman to be honest but I'm glad we didn't sign any mercenaries like that knob on the banner still. We have a decent manager, the best fans in the world but we need our owners to start backing us or we are screwed.
How did Stoke have a better window? They alway buy a lot of players and hardly ever improve.

Best start to the season in a decade.

Very good manager, squad has improved overall (not to the extent we needed perhaps to be challenging for top 5/6, but that's where a good manager comes in). Looking sharper and the most 'underachieving' squad that we've had in years is now appearing to be playing to relatively close of its potential.

But yeh, the end is nigh.
No reserve striker, no reserve central midfielder, no first string keeper, no reserve right back, no reserve left back. No Europe, no quality signings in 12 months according to popular opinion.

I think Stones is potentially world class, unlike the rest of the squad

He also could potentially never live up to that potential.

We've improved our defense by cashing in on him. He's got a long way to go on the most important aspect of his game...which is defending.

He might end up reaching his potential, and I hope he does, but he clearly wanted out and even after the crap season he had last year, we managed to get proper value for him.

You have lost it, seriously.

windy-miller-1966-o.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back