Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
The morning after the night before methinks.

Sissoko, we had agreed the bill with Newcastle, we had agreed the wages with the agent but that melt would not speak with Koeman, wouldn't answer the phone for over two hours because he was talking behind our backs to Spuds. How on earth some can blame the club for that duplicity is staggering..........we weren't wrong in what we did, acted in accordance with the rules but got stabbed in the back by a player who, from what the Geordies say, was not worth that money we offered. If that two facedness is in him, he games in Newcastle suggests he takes that attitude out on to the park then Spuds have done us a favour. One thing money can't buy is team spirit, we lost ours last term, Sissoko and his arrogance would have ruined our refound self belief.

Valencia, he was the best thing since sliced bread when he first when to WHU, I'm sure RK knows what he's doing but this is one I wouldn't have touched based on his form over the last nine months.

Dominic Calvert-Lewis is one I'm delighted with, he is for the future but having watched him play two or three times, that future may not be that far away. He is quick, close control and has a very good eye for both pass and goal, Rhino will be overjoyed with this addition to his squad.

I'm fully aware that we had made a few signings prior to what went down last night but our actions in the last 24 hours seemed desperate, we had money to spend and went at things like a bull in a china shop then ended up with nothing having been stitched up by most clubs we contacted. For reasons already mentioned I'm pleased Spurs gazumped us last night but the way Sky sold it we were belittled on national tv and that sucks.

We have so much to look forward to even now, the youngsters are getting better after each game, even our U19's won away at League 1 leaders the other night, that is unprecedented. While its true we are unbeaten in the Prem but to me after three games that means sod all but what is pleasing is our defending, ten times better that it was as we now have a gaffer who actually knows what he's doing.

The dust is settling and it's time to move on. It is very wrong to say the board didn't try because clearly they did, anyone who says otherwise has their own agenda. What the board have to do is hire a negotiator, someone who can get the deal done, Moshiri trusted Bill too much, no one wants that embarrassment ever again. Let's get behind the boys on the park as they have the responsibility of carrying our dreams and aspirations into a bright and proposperous future...............COME ON YOU BLUES

The justification presented here by The Esk for the sale of Stones was that it was needed to create capacity to the wage bill. For who? Surely if we had just focused on shifting the dead weight we could have afforded Bolasie, Williams has just replaced Stones so no addition there. Someone from the club owes the fans and the manager an apology. Just embarrassing, at the very least it has been a PR disaster.

The morning after the night before methinks.

Sissoko, we had agreed the bill with Newcastle, we had agreed the wages with the agent but that melt would not speak with Koeman, wouldn't answer the phone for over two hours because he was talking behind our backs to Spuds. How on earth some can blame the club for that duplicity is staggering..........we weren't wrong in what we did, acted in accordance with the rules but got stabbed in the back by a player who, from what the Geordies say, was not worth that money we offered. If that two facedness is in him, he games in Newcastle suggests he takes that attitude out on to the park then Spuds have done us a favour. One thing money can't buy is team spirit, we lost ours last term, Sissoko and his arrogance would have ruined our refound self belief.

Valencia, he was the best thing since sliced bread when he first when to WHU, I'm sure RK knows what he's doing but this is one I wouldn't have touched based on his form over the last nine months.

Dominic Calvert-Lewis is one I'm delighted with, he is for the future but having watched him play two or three times, that future may not be that far away. He is quick, close control and has a very good eye for both pass and goal, Rhino will be overjoyed with this addition to his squad.44

I'm fully aware that we had made a few signings prior to what went down last night but our actions in the last 24 hours seemed desperate, we had money to spend and went at things like a bull in a china shop then ended up with nothing having been stitched up by most clubs we contacted. For reasons already mentioned I'm pleased Spurs gazumped us last night but the way Sky sold it we were belittled on national tv and that sucks.

We have so much to look forward to even now, the youngsters are getting better after each game, even our U19's won away at League 1 leaders the other night, that is unprecedented. While its true we are unbeaten in the Prem but to me after three games that means sod all but what is pleasing is our defending, ten times better that it was as we now have a gaffer who actually knows what he's doing.

The dust is settling and it's time to move on. It is very wrong to say the board didn't try because clearly they did, anyone who says otherwise has their own agenda. What the board have to do is hire a negotiator, someone who can get the deal done, Moshiri trusted Bill too much, no one wants that embarrassment ever again. Let's get behind the boys on the park as they have the responsibility of carrying our dreams and aspirations into a bright and proposperous future...............COME ON YOU BLUES
Agree with every single word mate. Phenomenal post.

*runs

True but the transfer window thread right here will inform you that many many football fans are utter morons who don't really know much about that thing they obsess over every day

Embrace your inner Valencia
The reaction of fans is normally the most accurate thing to go on. Panic buy and most probably a waste of wages but unlike Niasse at least he was only a loan.

That's three windows in a row the club have failed to get their targets. I think getting McCarthy, Barry and Lukaku in one window on TDD has given them the false impression that it's good to wait till the end for bargains.

The Echo are in full blown propaganda mode this morning to cover the boards arses.

Laughable and disgusting journalism.
Well they are complicit in the lie. It was them who were pushing the new owners and new Everton the most of all the journalists.

The echo is the propaganda wing of the club. I bet there's a few journalists looking forward to being invited on to Moshiri's boat.

good luck to Calvert-Lewin then, hope he makes us all look like tits in years to come
Was looking for youtube clips of him and found some of his goals. He looks to have a decent shot and movement but the goal keeping is average at best and not much more than one touch finishes. I think it'll be a couple years before we're even close to seeing him

Was looking for youtube clips of him and found some of his goals. He looks to have a decent shot and movement but the goal keeping is average at best and not much more than one touch finishes. I think it'll be a couple years before we're even close to seeing him
I think we should just forget about him. Let him develop in the reserves away from the pressure. It's highly unlikely he will make it just due to the step up needed but we just need one to make it.

I think we should just forget about him. Let him develop in the reserves away from the pressure. It's highly unlikely he will make it just due to the step up needed but we just need one to make it.
I wouldn't say that. He's supposed to be in the Stones/Holgate highly rated youngster in the lower leagues mold. Not sure it'll work out but he's one to watch in the coming years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back