Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes teams like to have certain assurances which is why buying from the PL is costly but sometimes necessary so if they have experience in the PL they can settle straight away or you end up with someone like Pepe who has done decent but for the money they paid...
Pepe, Ndombele, Yarmolenko... loads of examples of them.

Has to be a balance though. Getting a player that wants to leave and is at a reduced price because of his contract sounds like a smart thing to do... Buying from abroad gives you a much bigger market but buying proven players in the league if they are available at a reasonable price is a no brainer

I don't want another summer linked with over priced Zaha. If we we are chasing him again the scouts need sacking.
I think he gets his name in the papers for a pay rise and his happy at palace.

As pointed out above PL recent buys have been poor though.
Sigurdsson
Bolasie
Williams
Delph
Pickford
Iwobi

In addition, Walcott and Keane have blown hot and cold,

Richarlison is tho only one who has been an undoubted success.
I don't think Richarlison will hang around either if we don't start showing real improvement

I think the Zaha ship has sailed.

Also Keane is very much crap and hugely limited, as soon as fans get back in those seats his arse will go.
Don't think he's "crap" per se but he is definitely limited. But Ancelotti likes one absolute no nonsense defender. That's not Mina, not really Holgate. That's pretty much Keane.

Don't think he's "crap" per se but he is definitely limited. But Ancelotti likes one absolute no nonsense defender. That's not Mina, not really Holgate. That's pretty much Keane.
I think Keane allows plenty of nonsense.

Im not sure id describe him no nonsense.

Yeah that’s gone really well for us hasn’t it chief:

Williams
Bolasie
Sigurdsson
Keane

Our Best Buys in the country has been from the lower leagues.

Close between that and players who moved to a huge euro club and flopped (specifically thinking of Peinaar, Arteta (kind of) and Digne.)

....David Moyes apparently in the stands at Charlton watching their game v Wigan. Report reckons he’s particularly interested in Wigan’s Antonee Robinson. I believe we have a sell-on clause.

Depends if AC are willing to take him now that he's had his major surgery out of the way (this was the reason he didnt go in Jan). Felt for him, he didnt know anythijng about it until the medical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back