Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Look where Leicester are and then look where we are then tell me who has the better depth.

With respect, I think you need to use a different word than depth.

They have more quality in certain areas of their first 11, for sure.

Depth wise they arent that deep.

Which has been my point all along.

We have missed our 3 best CMs all season, Carlo has changed the side in every game we have played due to injuries, players returning from injury.

When all our players are fit do we have a better midfield than Leicester or Wolves? Probably not, for me Wolves have 1 of the best in the league and Ndidi and Maddison are quality. But my point has been, what happens if Wolves lost Jimenez for a season? Or Leicester lost 3 players for a long period?

My only issue has been your usage of the word depth, it implies they have a stronger squad, quality in depth, when if you delve deep, they dont.

People are so reactive, we sacked Silva when we were like 18th, we have suffered injury after injury, of course we are behind any team with any talent.

With respect, I think you need to use a different word than depth.

They have more quality in certain areas of their first 11, for sure.

Depth wise they arent that deep.

Which has been my point all along.

We have missed our 3 best CMs all season, Carlo has changed the side in every game we have played due to injuries, players returning from injury.

When all our players are fit do we have a better midfield than Leicester or Wolves? Probably not, for me Wolves have 1 of the best in the league and Ndidi and Maddison are quality. But my point has been, what happens if Wolves lost Jimenez for a season? Or Leicester lost 3 players for a long period?

My only issue has been your usage of the word depth, it implies they have a stronger squad, quality in depth, when if you delve deep, they dont.

People are so reactive, we sacked Silva when we were like 18th, we have suffered injury after injury, of course we are behind any team with any talent.
They have better quality in certain areas and a better balance too, a better make up in midfield and on the wings whichever way you slice it our squad is imbalanced. We relied too much on Holgate coming good, on DCl coming good on a 19year old coming to a new league, on a injury prone over the hill midfielder and Gbamin who had never played in this country before and was thrown in too early. Yes we have had injuries and we have a manager now playing 442 when we bought players for 4321. But are you really telling me we shouldn't be doing better than Burnley? That Southampton should look much better than us? As for being reactive it's been like this for years our squad goes into every season imbalanced. And as far as I can see Brands has only made minimal progress in two years. When is it right to question what the strategy how many millions do we need to waste? How many seasons going into it with a squad that can't compete that is thin at CB or in DM or upfront? You claim fans are reactive I would say we need to demand better than 12th in the league!

They have better quality in certain areas and a better balance too, a better make up in midfield and on the wings whichever way you slice it our squad is imbalanced. Yes we have had injuries and we have a manager now playing 442 when we bought players for 4321. But are you really telling me we shouldn't be doing better than Burnley? That Southampton should look much better than us? As for being reactive it's been like this for years our squad goes into every season imbalanced. And as far as I can see Brands has only made minimal progress in two years. When is it right to question what the strategy how many millions do we need to waste? How many seasons going into it with a squad that can't compete that is thin at CB or in DM or upfront? You claim fans are reactive I would say we need to demand better than 12th in the league!

This is exactly why Carlo needs to be backed to the hilt in the summer.

How about someone who can put a tackle in from midfield is that too much to ask for a club that has spent 450m is it really reactive to ask why we have nobody?

An understudy to Coleman? The lad needed replacing about two years ago, never mind looking for an understudy now.

That toffees blues account is run by a dolt - I saw loads of Blues on there yesterday saying we needed to sign a striker and whoever runs the account was cryarsing "Why doh lad we av der Bambi and Kean doh"

I don't find it funny how far we are behind clubs like Leicester, Wolves and Sheff utd its pathetic and negligent that we aren't even competitive with those teams. Its unacceptable and needs to change starting this summer. Carlo needs two midfielders a right back and a right winger that delivers, no more sticking plasters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back