Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Everton manager Carlo Ancelotti says he and Director of Football Marcel Brands will share responsibility for this summer’s recruitment at Goodison Park.

Asked who would have final say on targets, the Italian said ‘both of us’.

“We have to be both agreed,” said the Italian. “I have a beautiful relationship (with Marcel). We meet each other, we talk to each other every single day. We are here, close, our office is really close.

“We have to improve the squad. We have to improve defensively, in midfield and we have to improve in front. This squad has to improve.”

Ancelotti has refused to comment on Everton’s bid for Southampton midfielder Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg, but the Dane is unlikely to be the only major target of the summer.

“I am not the right person to talk about this. I don’t want to talk about players of other teams and I think Hojbjerg is playing for Southampton, not Everton,” said Ancelotti.

Everton face Sheffield United on Monday, Ancelotti insisting he has not revised his view of the squad in the wake of a poor run.

Striker Richarlison is the latest to be told by the manager he needs to improve his game, closely following a similar warning to Jordan Pickford.

“I have already spoken to him. I said what I said to you - that he didn’t play well in his last two games and that he has to improve,” said Ancelotti.

“But in general this season it was really good. Really good. I found a fantastic striker. I spoke so well about him after the game with Leicester two weeks ago. Now he is the same fantastic player who just did not play well in two games.

“He is the future of the club, the future of next season. He is an important player for us. He didn’t do well in the last two games and I took him out for this (reason). He has to improve, but this season, in general, he was really good.

“In the last two or three weeks it is true that we didn’t do well. But this doesn’t change my opinion of the squad, of the players, of the job they did. This season when I arrived we wanted to fight more for European places but I think the season was so strange and so difficult. We went up quickly from the relegation zone, we played some good games. Now we want to finish well even though we are not able to reach European position.”

Everton manager Carlo Ancelotti says he and Director of Football Marcel Brands will share responsibility for this summer’s recruitment at Goodison Park.

Asked who would have final say on targets, the Italian said ‘both of us’.

“We have to be both agreed,” said the Italian. “I have a beautiful relationship (with Marcel). We meet each other, we talk to each other every single day. We are here, close, our office is really close.

“We have to improve the squad. We have to improve defensively, in midfield and we have to improve in front. This squad has to improve.”

Ancelotti has refused to comment on Everton’s bid for Southampton midfielder Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg, but the Dane is unlikely to be the only major target of the summer.

“I am not the right person to talk about this. I don’t want to talk about players of other teams and I think Hojbjerg is playing for Southampton, not Everton,” said Ancelotti.

Everton face Sheffield United on Monday, Ancelotti insisting he has not revised his view of the squad in the wake of a poor run.

Striker Richarlison is the latest to be told by the manager he needs to improve his game, closely following a similar warning to Jordan Pickford.

“I have already spoken to him. I said what I said to you - that he didn’t play well in his last two games and that he has to improve,” said Ancelotti.

“But in general this season it was really good. Really good. I found a fantastic striker. I spoke so well about him after the game with Leicester two weeks ago. Now he is the same fantastic player who just did not play well in two games.

“He is the future of the club, the future of next season. He is an important player for us. He didn’t do well in the last two games and I took him out for this (reason). He has to improve, but this season, in general, he was really good.

“In the last two or three weeks it is true that we didn’t do well. But this doesn’t change my opinion of the squad, of the players, of the job they did. This season when I arrived we wanted to fight more for European places but I think the season was so strange and so difficult. We went up quickly from the relegation zone, we played some good games. Now we want to finish well even though we are not able to reach European position.”
Such a class act is Carlo.

If he bags a pot with us, he will become a legend.

Not Fraser again. Apparently Everton have said we aren’t interested. And he’s on a free like Bernard was. So he wants big wages as well and a signing on fee, probably a 4/5 year deal. Taking him to 31. Let’s hope we are nowhere near him.

he’s bang average
I was using Fraser as an example as he plays in the same position as Bernard. I agree with all that you’re saying and follow Carlo’s comments about being backed I’d expect any singing we make to be a big improvement on what we currently have which, like you say Fraser wouldn’t be

Where do i get some of those match of the day pundit starter pack 'black trainees with the white sole.

Edit: wrong thread.

Is anyone else actually quite excited for the transfer window?

We have already lost some of the utter dross and the fringe players and I actually trust Carlo to be at the club for a fair while and to recruit decent players that will actually suit how he wants Everton to play.

I am confident that by the end of the window we will have a more balanced squad, and that next season we we will start decent and stay decent.

This feels very similar to the build up to the 2017 transfer window when we knew we were going to spend a shed load of money. I just hope it’s different this time and we actually bring in some quality.

I’m so happy that Brands’ role seems to have been scaled back. Reading between the lines, Ancelotti identifies the players and Brands is just the errand boy to sort out the contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back