Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again we are going to have to field a team next season.

Its madness, can you imagine what our squad looks like if everybody people want selling get sold?

Heres my prediction.

We will sell or loan 14 players (Using my thread as players classed as first team)
That leaves us with 19 players
We will buy or loan 6 players

GK - Lossl I can see getting sold if Huddersfield stay up.
RB
CB
CM
RW
Not sure yet

Again we are going to have to field a team next season.
So you want to sell Mina and Keane and I presume buy 2 new CBs?

Keane + Mina, lets be positive and say we could get £60mil for them.

Maybe £160k in wages as well? Or more?

At right sided centre back we go with Holgate and add a top claas u21 player to develop / rotate.

At left sided centre back we add a left footer as starter who Branthwaits can alternate with.

If we brought in Kamara (Marseille) and Gabriel (Lille) then we would be looking a lot better already with a massive amount of potential growth.

Holgate / Kamara
Gabriel / Branthwaite

Looks like a very strong defence compared with what we have now.

Its madness, can you imagine what our squad looks like if everybody people want selling get sold?

Heres my prediction.

We will sell or loan 14 players (Using my thread as players classed as first team)

RB
CB
CM
RW
Not sure yet

This is hilarious hypocrisy.

This is hilarious hypocrisy.
Its not tho.

Shall I list the 14 players, lets see if you might miss any.

Lossl, Kenny, Pennington, 1 of Brankflakes or Gibson(Loan Only), Connolly, Benginme, Dowell, Besic, 1 of Iceland or Delph, Bernard, Bowler, Bolasie, Sandro, Tosun.

Which is vastly different from you selling the whole first team and buying a whole new squad.

Are they using Everton as a bait? Spurs will wait and get him on the cheap in October. Nail on. We better move on.

At right sided centre back we go with Holgate and add a top claas u21 player to develop / rotate.

At left sided centre back we add a left footer as starter who Branthwaits can alternate with.

If we brought in Kamara (Marseille) and Gabriel (Lille) then we would be looking a lot better already with a massive amount of potential growth.

Holgate / Kamara
Gabriel / Branthwaite

Congrats, you've just blocked Lewis Gibson from breaking into the first team.

In fact, screw it, watching a defence full of teenagers with Pickford as the wise head would be amazingly funny every week.

Get them signed.

Are they using Everton as a bait? Spurs will wait and get him on the cheap in October. Nail on. We better move on.
Eh I mean I think with Mina we thought that was happening with United and we kept the offer in and it worked. So that's what I'd probably do here and obviously have the other guys ready to go if it doesn't happen.

Holgate / Kamara
Gabriel / Branthwaite

I want to sign Gabriel but I would not go so far to say that him and Kamara (who might be good but needs to add a solid 20 lbs to play against PL grocks) are automatically better than Keane and Holgate who have played well with no consistent midfield play to speak of and a disaster behind them. Personally think Branthwaite should be loaned if he isn't going to start double digit games here and barring and injury crisis he won't be.

Eh I mean I think with Mina we thought that was happening with United and we kept the offer in and it worked. So that's what I'd probably do here and obviously have the other guys ready to go if it doesn't happen.

True mate hopefully things get done behind and we get our player soon.

Its not tho.

Shall I list the 14 players, lets see if you might miss any.

Lossl, Kenny, Pennington, 1 of Brankflakes or Gibson(Loan Only), Connolly, Benginme, Dowell, Besic, 1 of Iceland or Delph, Bernard, Bowler, Bolasie, Sandro, Tosun.

Which is vastly different from you selling the whole first team and buying a whole new squad.

Youve named 12 players there who havent been in the first team since at least Jan.

Wheres the 14 current first team players you would sell?

In fact, screw it, watching a defence full of teenagers with Pickford as the wise head would be amazingly funny every week.

Get them signed.

Gibson is off to the championship on loan in most reports. Gabriel, Branthwaite, Gibson are the 3 left sided centre backs.

Its the same as Digne, Baines, Nkounkou.

Get them signed.
There is a case to be made that Branthwaite can be the 4th CB and we should just focus on fixing that pile in the net first.

Heres my prediction.

RB
CB
CM
RW
Not sure yet
Getting rid of 14 guys is going to be tough but a good number of them are guys who aren't in the first team picture already. But the idea that we can sell Keane AND Mina this summer and also selling Davies, Sigurdsson AND Delph is utterly mad as you've said. I just can't believe people think that is possible.

I want to sign Gabriel but I would not go so far to say that him and Kamara (who might be good but needs to add a solid 20 lbs to play against PL grocks) are automatically better than Keane and Holgate who have played well with no consistent midfield play to speak of and a disaster behind them. Personally think Branthwaite should be loaned if he isn't going to start double digit games here and barring and injury crisis he won't be.

If (as expected) Holgate is first choice RCB and we have Mina and Keane also as right sided centre backs...

Would you;

A: Sell both players for circa £60mil and release £160k ish in wages?

B: Sell one of them and release circa £80k wages and £30mil fees but still have the others wages and depreciating fee on the books?

C: Sell neither

For me id sell both and bring in someone u21 who can compete with Holgate and push him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back