Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
If (as expected) Holgate is first choice RCB and we have Mina and Keane also as right sided centre backs...

Would you;

A: Sell both players for circa £60mil and release £160k ish in wages?

B: Sell one of them and release circa £80k wages and £30mil fees but still have the others wages and depreciating fee on the books?

C: Sell neither

For me id sell both and bring in someone u21 who can compete with Holgate and push him.
At most I'd sell one but honestly I can make all kinds of scenarios that I like a lot better than selling both. I would under no circumstances sell both. I prefer something resembling continuity and as that is almost guaranteed to not be happening in other areas I'd like that our CBs have played with each other to start the season even if it means Holgate not passing to the left comfortably.

Its not tho.

Shall I list the 14 players, lets see if you might miss any.

Lossl, Kenny, Pennington, 1 of Brankflakes or Gibson(Loan Only), Connolly, Benginme, Dowell, Besic, 1 of Iceland or Delph, Bernard, Bowler, Bolasie, Sandro, Tosun.

Which is vastly different from you selling the whole first team and buying a whole new squad.

Stekelenburg is leaving so Lossl is kept as back-up. Tarashaj is out on loan till the end of his contract in summer 2021. Sidibé is likely to return to his current club or another loan is possible?That leave us:

(15) Baines (not renewing), Delph, Sandro, Tosun, Bernard, Davies, Dowell, Bolasie, Connolly, Baningime, Adeniran, Bešic, Gibson, Pennington, Kenny.

We will sell or loan 14 players (Using my thread as players classed as first team)
GK
Jordan Pickford (HG)
João Virginia
Jonas Lössl

RB
Séamus Coleman
Jonjoe Kenny (HG)

LB
Lucas Digne
Leighton Baines *(HG)

CB
Yerry Mina
Michael Keane (HG)
Mason Holgate (HG)
Jarrad Branthwaite
Lewis Gibson
Matthew Pennington (HG)

DM/CM/AM
André Gomes
Jean-Philippe Gbamin
Gylfi Sigurðsson (HG)
Tom Davies (HG)
Fabian Delph (HG)
Muhamed Bešić
Kieran Dowell (HG)
Beni Baningime (HG)
Callum Connolly (HG)

Widers
Bernard
Theo Walcott (HG)
Alex Iwobi (HG)
Anthony Gordon
Yannick Bolasie
Josh Bowler (HG)

ST
Richarlison
Dominic Calvert-Lewin (HG)
Moise Kean
Cenk Tosun
Sandro Ramírez

Total players: 33

Lossl, Kenny, Pennington, 1 of Brankflakes or Gibson(Loan Only), Connolly, Benginme, Dowell, Besic, 1 of Iceland or Delph, Bernard, Bowler, Bolasie, Sandro, Tosun.
It was a prediction Zat, that's all bruh.
If (as expected) Holgate is first choice RCB and we have Mina and Keane also as right sided centre backs...

Would you;

A: Sell both players for circa £60mil and release £160k ish in wages?

B: Sell one of them and release circa £80k wages and £30mil fees but still have the others wages and depreciating fee on the books?

C: Sell neither

For me id sell both and bring in someone u21 who can compete with Holgate and push him.

B - Sell Mina, but not for the 10m I've seen people suggest, if we can get a GOOD price for Keane or Mina I would sell, but that goes for 90% of the squad.

At most I'd sell one but honestly I can make all kinds of scenarios that I like a lot better than selling both. I would under no circumstances sell both. I prefer something resembling continuity and as that is almost guaranteed to not be happening in other areas I'd like that our CBs have played with each other to start the season even if it means Holgate not passing to the left comfortably.

Theres no point having continuity if the players arent up to it.

Getting rid of 14 guys is going to be tough but a good number of them are guys who aren't in the first team picture already. But the idea that we can sell Keane AND Mina this summer and also selling Davies, Sigurdsson AND Delph is utterly mad as you've said. I just can't believe people think that is possible.

Dont forget Pickford, Coleman, Bernie, Iwobi and Kean.

GK
Jordan Pickford (HG)
João Virginia
Jonas Lössl

RB
Séamus Coleman
Jonjoe Kenny (HG)

LB
Lucas Digne
Leighton Baines *(HG)

CB
Yerry Mina
Michael Keane (HG)
Mason Holgate (HG)
Jarrad Branthwaite
Lewis Gibson
Matthew Pennington (HG)

DM/CM/AM
André Gomes
Jean-Philippe Gbamin
Gylfi Sigurðsson (HG)
Tom Davies (HG)
Fabian Delph (HG)
Muhamed Bešić
Kieran Dowell (HG)
Beni Baningime (HG)
Callum Connolly (HG)

Widers
Bernard
Theo Walcott (HG)
Alex Iwobi (HG)
Anthony Gordon
Yannick Bolasie
Josh Bowler (HG)

ST
Richarlison
Dominic Calvert-Lewin (HG)
Moise Kean
Cenk Tosun
Sandro Ramírez

Total players: 33

It was a prediction Zat, that's all bruh.

B - Sell Mina, but not for the 10m I've seen people suggest, if we can get a GOOD price for Keane or Mina I would sell, but that goes for 90% of the squad.

GK: Pickford / ??? / ???
RB: ??? / Coleman
RCB: Holgate / ???
LCB: ??? / Branthwaite
LB: Digne / Nkounkou
RM: ??? / Walcott
CM: ??? / Gbamin
CM: ??? / ???
LM: ??? / Gordon
CF: DCL / ???
CF: Richarlison / Kean

If we ignore the keepers then we 'need'

1 × RB
2 × CB
1 × RM
3 × CM
1 × LM
1 × CF

= 9 players
* Simms can be 4th choice
*We can go for 2 CMs as one or two wont leave

Id say we should be going for 7 players (excl keepers) this window.

1 × RB / CB / RM / CM

Those 4 players being crucial.

Leaving 1 × CB / CM / LM

Im sure we can do something here even if it means selling more players and using the loan system or going for 30+ year olds short term or u21s for lower fees/wages.

There is still a point. It's why Sheffield United are doing what they're doing and for my money it is a big part of Wolves success.

Huge difference in mentality

The majority of those players have been in the lower leagues and have come up to the premier league in a defined system with something to prove and a winning mentality (having been promoted).

The majority of our players are stale, disinterested cowards.

You put a quick passing, hard tackling championship team against our bunch and we will struggle.

Huge difference in mentality

The majority of those players have been in the lower leagues and have come up to the premier league in a defined system with something to prove and a winning mentality (having been promoted).

The majority of our players are stale, disinterested cowards.

You put a quick passing, hard tackling championship team against our bunch and we will struggle.

Except that one we beat on Monday...

GK: Pickford / ??? / ???
RB: ??? / Coleman
RCB: Holgate / ???
LCB: ??? / Branthwaite
LB: Digne / Nkounkou
RM: ??? / Walcott
CM: ??? / Gbamin
CM: ??? / ???
LM: ??? / Gordon
CF: DCL / ???
CF: Richarlison / Kean

If we ignore the keepers then we 'need'

1 × RB
2 × CB
1 × RM
3 × CM
1 × LM
1 × CF

= 9 players
* Simms can be 4th choice
*We can go for 2 CMs as one or two wont leave

Id say we should be going for 7 players (excl keepers) this window.

1 × RB / CB / RM / CM

Those 4 players being crucial.

Leaving 1 × CB / CM / LM

Im sure we can do something here even if it means selling more players and using the loan system or going for 30+ year olds short term or u21s for lower fees/wages.

You are suggesting selling roughly 25 players and buying 9 in 1 transfer window.

Good night Zat.

Why not sell the whole midfield and defence?

Surely it makes perfect sense?

May as well cash in early on Rico as well and Digne.

Ship em all out and buy CRAP.

Have to say id happily see us sell:

A: Kenny + Sign a new RB
B: Keane / Mina + Sign 2 new CBs
C: Every midfielder apart from Gordon / replace with cones.

(19) Keep:Pickford, Holgate, Keane, Richarlison, Calvert-Lewin, Sigurðsson, Walcott, Digne, Mina, Iwobi, Gomes, Coleman, Gbamin, Kean, Branthwaite, Virgínia, Gordon, Lössl, Nkounkou.

(2) In limbo:Baines (looking less likely to sign an extension at this point), Sidibé (will he get another loan next season at Everton?).

(2) Gone:Stekelenburg (going back to Ajax after his contract expires), Tarashaj (staying with his current club on loan until his contract with Everton expired next summer.

(12) Sell if possible if not loaning out next season:Delph, Sandro, Tosun, Bernard, Pennington, Davies, Dowell, Bolasie, Baningime, Adeniran, Bešić, Kenny.

Connolly and Bowler not included as they are not listed as part of the first team squad on the OS. They will be sold anyway. Gibson will go out on loan again next season and is part of u-23 setup at this point.

If Gabriel is signed, there is a chance that the club may sell one of Keane or Mina. It is likely that Nkounkou will be the understudy of Digne.

Carlo will probably sign CB (Gabriel), RB(?), CM (Allan), CM (Hojbjerg), RM(?).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back