Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
On one of his podcasts. He even said something along the lines that he would be "greatly surprised" if we spent that much.

I'm just concerned how we fix a midfield with 20mil.....

you don’t without a lot of favourable loans.

Carlo won’t put up with this team not being sorted, he’s world class but he ain’t a miracle worker.

CM is clearly a priority, but there isn’t infinite finance.
I think they will wait and see on Gbamin until quite late and if they have to do something it may be a loan. He’s got several years on his contract and is here for the foreseeable future. It will also depend on who we can shift. With Sigurdsson, Davis, Delph and Baningime at CM all potentially surplus there is a lot to do.
Personally I would prefer fewer transfers and focus on quality. If it means we have to make do in some positions for a season, then so be it.
In Unicorn Land we would sign about seven top quality first team players, but it’s not going to happen. Brands is on record that it’s a limited window, with funds further squeezed by the problems COVID has caused.
The problem with 'lets wait on Gblammo" is who knows how hell come back. If we get one CM in and he gets injured we were right back to the worst misfield in the premier league and probably most championship sides.

I think it all comes back to a non existent midfield. A midfield that hasn't scored or created chances for others.
I do believe however that we will never be a free scoring team under CA. He is a manager that appreciates good defending every bit as much as good attacking.

His Chelsea team broke the Scoring record at the time didn't it?

The problem with 'lets wait on Gblammo" is who knows how hell come back. If we get one CM in and he gets injured we were right back to the worst misfield in the premier league and probably most championship sides.
I accept that, but I don’t have a clue about our budget. If we can make several signings then great, but they need to be top drawer, no more squad fillers. It would be criminal to get another two moderate CM players on 4-5 year contracts. I’d rather none than that, it’s why we’re in the situation we’re in.
If the budget stretches then fine but we do need a RB and RW and they can’t be squad fillers either.

Swap deal JJK for McKennie
Swap deal + cash Delph for D.Luiz
Ben Foster free (assuming we shift on Pickford. Also same amount of clean sheets this year despite in relegation!)
Loan a RB
Loan a CB
Use the wedge of funds to go for an effective winger/forward

Then hopefully move on Besic, Bolasie and Sandro.

Ben Foster free (assuming we shift on Pickford. Also same amount of clean sheets this year despite in relegation!)
Loan a RB
Loan a CB

Schalke need money so no way they'd agree to a swap deal with us.

Loan a RB
Loan a CB

D.Luiz...the... Arsenal/Chelsea tit..??

giphy.gif

Loan a RB
Loan a CB

People need to stop this immediately.

I think it all comes back to a non existent midfield. A midfield that hasn't scored or created chances for others.
I do believe however that we will never be a free scoring team under CA. He is a manager that appreciates good defending every bit as much as good attacking.
Think that just depends on his players, he doesn’t really have a set preferred system like a Guardiola/Simeone/Klopp/Conte

Douglas Luis from Villa.
Well that would be a considerable upgrade on David Luiz. Maybe people should take the time to spell out the whole name considering their are so many players in the league with the same last names usually. Or mention which team so people don't violently retch at the idea of someone suggesting a player that has the same name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back