Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any Everton fan wanting his return simply cannot have been watching him play for Chelsea since he left. A bang average player, and we may as well pack it all in if it's that kind of level of player quality we are looking to bring into the club.

He was woeful last night, but the goal and highlight reel of it has obviously blinkered people.

He's had 12 PL appearances. Dont forget, this is an area of the pitch Chelsea have an abundance of players and options in.
All that are better than him. Mason Mount. Billy Gilmour will be next. Those guys aren't THAT good.

Look, he's not the same player, and he's not remotely productive. Maybe you see something in him that others don't, but he's not good enough for Everton anymore. 4 years ago, yes. Not anymore.

I honestly think the best thing for Barkley would be a move to a smaller team looking forward, so he can be what Ancelotti calls "The Technical leader", somewhere he will be the player they look to for a spark, and somewhere he can build some authority and responsibility as a member of a team, without the pressure of playing for the team he supported, or a team that sees anything outside the top 4 as a failure.

As pointed out by others, he definitely has all the physical attributes, but the mental side of his game is damaged. He couldn't handle being the next big thing for us, and he certainly didn't have the mentality to be the next Rooney we all hoped for.

He flourished under Martinez as he took a lot of the fear and responsibility away from him by surrounding him with other young, confident, energetic, players, like Lukaku, Stones and Deulofeu, and hard working players like Mccarthy, Barry and Naismith, all of whom either covered for his shortfalls tactically or gave us another outlet.

At Chelsea, there are lots of other talented players that make it harder for him to stand out, and while there's the added pressure of playing for a team constantly challenging at the top of the table, the added competition and bigger egos of the players he has around him, gives him the scope to fade into the background.

The only way I see him improving at this point, is to take a step backwards, and become the main man for somebody new. He needs to be a Shelvey for a lesser team, be the big fish in a small pond and gain that responsibility of being a match winner, someone to rely on. And if he does that, he might eventually find himself back at a bigger club.

He needs to do it soon as well, because the longer he leaves it, the harder it will be to do. And his next move certainly shouldn't be back to us. I think that would be a disaster for both of us.

I watched last nights game through to the end and I thought our own ex player Zouma had a very good game, if he wanted to come back I would certainly take him again.

I've never seen him, would he fit the requirement of bringing 'energy' to the midfield like Ancelotti wished for?
Yes. He never stops. He's all over the place. And he's 6'3". He's still a bit raw with the ball, inconsistent, but again, he's young and huge. Would love to see what he'd look like getting in the gym with DCL, too. He could be an absolute monster. His ceiling is just really high. Him and Gbamin in the same midfield would be hysterical watching teams try and play through the middle. It would be pointless.

Tocsun’s injury has blown a hole in the transfer budget. That’s space for one less player on the payroll. Unless there are sales it will be one, possibly two players this summer.

Yes. He never stops. He's all over the place. And he's 6'3". He's still a bit raw with the ball, inconsistent, but again, he's young and huge. Would love to see what he'd look like getting in the gym with DCL, too. He could be an absolute monster. His ceiling is just really high. Him and Gbamin in the same midfield would be hysterical watching teams try and play through the middle. It would be pointless.
I've never seen him, would he fit the requirement of bringing 'energy' to the midfield like Ancelotti wished for?
Will not adapt to the Prem. He is not quick and dribbles with the ball 3 feet in front of him not unlike Delph who is a poor dribbler to the general consensus. Delph also had 4 years with Pep and his whole career in England. Sangare has a lot of catching up to get to the speed of Delph and then even more to get to the speed of the Prem.

Will not adapt to the Prem. He is not quick and dribbles with the ball 3 feet in front of him not unlike Delph who is a poor dribbler to the general consensus. Delph also had 4 years with Pep and his whole career in England. Soumare has a lot of catching up to get to the speed of Delph and then even more to get to the speed of the Prem.

They're not discussing Soumare.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back