Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
What? No he can't. He SHOULD score more since Lampard has basically played him at ACM or pretty much as a left sided inside forward because he plays zero defense. He makes like 10 forward passes a game. He doesn't get the ball into the box often. He creates very little. And he doesn't score very well, especially considering all the chances he gets, at least not for Chelsea and definitely not in the PL where he hasn't scored all year. Heck, aside from 2 weeks last year, he's not scored in the PL for like 3+ years. He's not the same player.

Thanks mate. I haven't really been watching him a lot since he left. I saw him last night and was quite impressed with his goal and a bit underwhelmed by everything else. Do you think the injury has slowed him down?

Dont be bloody stupid, he has stunk the place out every game hes played, even last night he couldnt complete 2 yard passes, Barkley will leave Chelsea this summer and it defo wont be to a club like Everton.

He keeps getting game time from Chelsea though doesn't he? I don't watch him every week, but I maintain he can do things others in their squad can't.

A lot will say Mount and Loftus Cheek are ahead of him. I just don't see it.

Take off the tinted specs pal.

Do you think either could score the goal Barkley did last night? There is a valid question about his consistency, and Mount in particular may be more consistent.

I don't watch these players every week, so some is going off what I saw at Goodison, but to me Mount is too lightweight.

You seem to have very strong opinions on a player you haven’t watched in a few years.

Thats probably true. I watched him a lot while he was at Everton though! Do people think he's really regressed since then? On last nights showing, he looked like the same old Barkley to me.

Thats probably true. I watched him a lot while he was at Everton though! Do people think he's really regressed since then? On last nights showing, he looked like the same old Barkley to me.
Apart from last night whenever I've seen him on tv,all I've heard is groans from the Chelski fans,he may get a bit of respite after last night,but wouldn't bet on it.

And was the same old Barkley any good? Good goal and crap everything else. May as well just be talking about Gylfi.

Yes thats a fair point, and that's what I meant really, he was Barkley warts and all really.

I think there are probably 2 schools of thought with Ross I disagree with. The first is that he was better than he was here and has declined. The 2nd is that he was not very good here. I disagree with both.

I think he was erratic but talented here. With the exception of one season he played in pretty poor teams. His last 2 seasons here he scored 8 goals and 9 assists, and then 5 goals with 11 assists. I believe the majority of these were in open play as well. So his numbers were pretty good. Even last season he scored 3 and made 5 in 1231 minutes. It's pretty decent he just doesn't play enough.

We know that within games he is wasteful though. Both in possession and ultimately he should score and assist a lot more given his quality. However I don't think we've got close to someone getting 11 assists in the squad, so I think he was ok here.

I have watched him every week and hes terrible.

Fair enough, you've seen him a lot more than me. I thought he scored a wonderful goal last night, almost by accident of failing to make the pass and dithering, and stuttered through the rest of the game. It sort of sums Ross up really. However in doing what he did for the goal, that is top class.

Apart from last night whenever I've seen him on tv,all I've heard is groans from the Chelski fans,he may get a bit of respite after last night,but wouldn't bet on it.

I think he's a really frustrating player and I think it was a bad move for him. He's the sort of player who will do lots of odd things and occasionally do something very well. For what Chelsea re looking to achieve thats not good enough. For where we are currently there is potentially an argument he may be useful for us in the medium term. We need more goals and assists from midfield.

Yes thats a fair point, and that's what I meant really, he was Barkley warts and all really.

I think there are probably 2 schools of thought with Ross I disagree with. The first is that he was better than he was here and has declined. The 2nd is that he was not very good here. I disagree with both.

I think he was erratic but talented here. With the exception of one season he played in pretty poor teams. His last 2 seasons here he scored 8 goals and 9 assists, and then 5 goals with 11 assists. I believe the majority of these were in open play as well. So his numbers were pretty good. Even last season he scored 3 and made 5 in 1231 minutes. It's pretty decent he just doesn't play enough.

We know that within games he is wasteful though. Both in possession and ultimately he should score and assist a lot more given his quality. However I don't think we've got close to someone getting 11 assists in the squad, so I think he was ok here.
The problem is to play like he does you've got to be hitting 20+ G+As to be worthwhile. It's similar to Ozil. When he gets 18 assists or whatever he did his first season the other stuff can be worked around. When he gets 8 it really can't.

Fair enough, you've seen him a lot more than me. I thought he scored a wonderful goal last night, almost by accident of failing to make the pass and dithering, and stuttered through the rest of the game. It sort of sums Ross up really. However in doing what he did for the goal, that is top class.

It was a great goal and if we can use his career to determine his next 1 its expected around 2026.

I think he's a really frustrating player and I think it was a bad move for him. He's the sort of player who will do lots of odd things and occasionally do something very well. For what Chelsea re looking to achieve thats not good enough. For where we are currently there is potentially an argument he may be useful for us in the medium term. We need more goals and assists from midfield.
Yes we d need more from our midfield but not sure if Ross would be the answer, over to Brands to acquire someone better me thinks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back