Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sirigu
Castagne - Holgate - Mina - Digne
Allan - Gomes
Sarr - James - Rich
DCL

James a Carlo fav from RM and Bayern, with fast runners around him I believe he could be Special & is available currently

Castagne in last year of contract, Sarr on loan so we can go big and sign Allan, Sirigu is available as has fallen out with owners

Pre season learning what we want CA to do, we'd get CL

Stay off the Bob Martins mate

whats our scouting system about .. not domestically as they seem to have a decent idea of talent

internationally we haven't had a good talent signing for time i think that side of it needs a proper revamp - them data nerds on twitter would be more use these days or am i just overthinking worried we will sign zaha for £50 mill
Oh yeah lol

Delph, Iwobi, Sigurdsson all top talents.

Play the kid from Marseille we just signed, also Kenny or Delph can play there in a pinch if needed.

LB is the last position we need to focus on as long as Digne is still here.
100% agree, just noting if Baines stayed that would be that but as you say a kid not ready for PL 1st team, Delph has some sort of injury or another on a consistant basis and Kenny; well many here are saying he isnt good enough as a RB and the last time we played a RB at LB for a run of games this site exploded. Just noting we either need a left footed CB that can backup at LB or a backup LB.

If only we could conjure up a moment of inspiration and pull a golden rabbit out of the hat like we did with Gana. Maybe it could be Sarr? Watford are in no position now to be demeanding anywhere close to 30 or 40m for him. Slap in a 20m bid and he prepared to add an extra 5-8 on top of it. Throw Davies into the deal for a sweetener.
Watford will just transfer/ loan him to their sister club Udinese , unless there is an extortionate offer for him.
They won't sell him on the cheap.

Watford will just transfer/ loan him to their sister club Udinese , unless their is an extortionate offer for him.
They won't sell him on the cheap.
Yep. It is a very obvious play for them to make. If they can't get back up quickly then they will work on selling him.

What makes laugh at Everton is if the latest report in yhe Echo ( i know its a sh%# paper ) about Carlo wanting to have a meeting with the board about transfers and the report says he wanted it in the coming days after the season has finished, but the echo said it wont be until next week at the earliest however no date is set.

Surely to god this tin pot club has to start showing some ambition and have lots of plans in place with regards to transfers and putting stupid meetings off until at least 2 weeks after the season has finished.
Look at Chelsea for example their on there way to make the 3rd quality signing you dont hear of them having bloody meetings on right lets look at where we need to improve.
Its simple Everton just watch Bournemouth display and there is your answer

What makes laugh at Everton is if the latest report in yhe Echo ( i know its a sh%# paper ) about Carlo wanting to have a meeting with the board about transfers and the report says he wanted it in the coming days after the season has finished, but the echo said it wont be until next week at the earliest however no date is set.

Surely to god this tin pot club has to start showing some ambition and have lots of plans in place with regards to transfers and putting stupid meetings off until at least 2 weeks after the season has finished.
Look at Chelsea for example their on there way to make the 3rd quality signing you dont hear of them having bloody meetings on right lets look at where we need to improve.
Chelsea made the signings because they didn't wait around to get the manager's input.

Zaha just isn’t for me. I used to rate him but I look at his big move not coming off and how he’s downed tools for Palace because he didn’t get what he wanted and I just can’t help but think he’s another one without the right mentality looking for another big payday at a club not much better than his own. If he did well and someone else put out that they were after him he’d surely down tools for us too.

Hopefully it’s all just lazy journalism again.

Talks about 1 CM being added and a few other positions- this now ties in with some of the posts made on here on the transfer strategy.

It’s wrong, absolutely wrong to be thinking on adding just 1 CM in this window.

I have never seen such a bad CM that’s crying out for a new DM and AM as our as ours.

This will be a disaster for us if we only stick with 1 new CM. I don’t have to wait to see if other players come back from injury and can fill in - it will not work, we will be left scrambling for a bad loan at a late hour with points already lost in a new season.

Good to see we are looking at new RB

For CB, we get a new CB and Branthwaite as the fifth option while he also plays for the U23 and Gibson on loan for the year. At the end of the season, they will sell one of Mina or Keane with Gibson being the replacement if his development goes well and Branthwaite is sent out on loan.

Managers at Chelsea have very little to do with transfer due to how quickly they are gone

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back