Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sky is reporting that Juve want to include Federico Bernadeschi in a swap deal for Chris Smalling.
He might be someone we should turn our attention to as he could be good value. He's 26 now and has had an underwhelming season this year, but I remember seeing him play when he was at Fiorentina, and I thought he was brilliant.

Left-footed right midfielder who would be cheaper than a 30-year old Smalling.

Sky is reporting that Juve want to include Federico Bernadeschi in a swap deal for Chris Smalling.
He might be someone we should turn our attention to as he could be good value. He's 26 now and has had an underwhelming season this year, but I remember seeing him play when he was at Fiorentina, and I thought he was brilliant.

Sky lol.

Juve paid around £40 million for him. The money would be the other way, surely!!

He will cost a tribunal fee so it won't be a true free. I'm not sure how these tribunals work but I would guess the amount of contact he's been offered would have some impact on the size of fee
I have only seen this lad play against us in the 2-2 draw. Their midfield was non existent that night. Or was it his brother. And was he the one who scored against United
Sorry for the questions

I've literally just seen another source from Italy saying Smalling will join Roma in September for 18m.

There's a lot of truth in this. The academy can only put people in a position where they can be selected for the first team, and ours does a pretty decent job of that. The players not making a sufficient impression once they get there can hardly be pinned on the academy.

There's also a lot of truth in this. I've said for years, every time a young lad comes in and does OK for a couple of games you get people penciling them in as a starter for the next 10 years and then complaining that they've gone backwards when they don't turn into a star. I remember people saying Galloway was world class and genuinely touting an 18 year old Tom Davies for England because he looked like a vaguely competent midfielder for about 2 months. It's crazy.
I thought that branthwaite who played in our last 2 games was absolutely terrible. He won't make it
Reverse psychology it might work!!!

No mate he’s utter turd! Makes me laugh when people talk about profit. I couldn’t give a toss about profit, I want to see boss footy players in blue and us winning stuff and players like Langstaff are for clubs in lower leagues than Everton.

He has played 15 first team games. How could you (or anyone else) possibly know if he is good or not? What are you basing it off exactly?

People seem to forget the severity of the injury that Gomes suffered, the fact that he came back this season at all is incredible but he gets no consideration for being rusty or ineffective while also playing next to a gaping hole. What do people expect? It will take time, he will benefit from the offseason. He still played more games than Delph despite his foot almost coming off in the middle of the season. The fact that he is now being negatively compared to that Matty Longstaff thing is literally adding insult to injury.
He did play some games before lockdown, then had a break along with everybody else and restarted training with everybody else.
I certainly made allowances for him when he came back first but after the restart I think we just need to admit that he was awful.

That is not the end of the world, all players go through bad patches.
When he arrived first I feel that he was playing a very different type of game. We saw more aggression and a faster tempo in everything he did. Since he came back from injury I think I saw about twenty minutes of that( against Sheff Utd I think).

If Gomes is still in the team in the new season and continues as he finished recently then we are not going to be any better than last as a team.
A new partner in midfield, another preseason may help but his play just has to improve.

There's a lot of truth in this. The academy can only put people in a position where they can be selected for the first team, and ours does a pretty decent job of that. The players not making a sufficient impression once they get there can hardly be pinned on the academy.

There's also a lot of truth in this. I've said for years, every time a young lad comes in and does OK for a couple of games you get people penciling them in as a starter for the next 10 years and then complaining that they've gone backwards when they don't turn into a star. I remember people saying Galloway was world class and genuinely touting an 18 year old Tom Davies for England because he looked like a vaguely competent midfielder for about 2 months. It's crazy.
And as well Unsworth only gets a hold of these lads when they are almost men. The comments about him playing a different style to the first team- what style/formation is that? The first team have had a whole load of different tactics throughout the season based on the manager and who is available.
If this is the way we need to go- consistency from youth team to first team (and I'm not entirely convinced that this is the right way to go) then it's a club issue- not Unsworths

He has played 15 first team games. How could you (or anyone else) possibly know if he is good or not? What are you basing it off exactly?
I’m basing it off from what I’ve seen mate, Just like everyone else does.
It’s my opinion I may be wrong in the long run but I’m pretty sure i won’t be. We are trying to compete for honours right? Well this is not a player who will help you achieve it, doesn’t matter if he 20 and free imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back