Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we will see deflationary pressure on the market this summer (particularly in the UK) which overall could be a good thing for us.

We have been linked with Sangare before and I could see us doing that deal, not sure why Barca would. As for the other 2, Camavinga and Bellingham I suspect are out of our range now which is a shame.

Im not sure why they would be? We can offer a very clear pathway to 1st team football for both of them...

Aside from Gomes, Gbamin and Davies theres really nothing standing in their way. If they join other teams then they could be used much more sparingly...

Im not sure why they would be? We can offer a very clear pathway to 1st team football for both of them...

Aside from Gomes, Gbamin and Davies theres really nothing standing in their way. If they join other teams then they could be used much more sparingly...

We can obviously pay the money, the fees etc. However there seems to be a certain gravitas that is required to sign such players that as yet we haven't got. I think there is probably more than 1 factor in this but off the top of my head, regular European football, a prolonged commitment to youth development (2 years ago we had Sam Allardyce) and being more vocal about doing so would be helpful.

The focus next season needs to be trying to get Moise Kean minutes from this angle.

We can obviously pay the money, the fees etc. However there seems to be a certain gravitas that is required to sign such players that as yet we haven't got. I think there is probably more than 1 factor in this but off the top of my head, regular European football, a prolonged commitment to youth development (2 years ago we had Sam Allardyce) and being more vocal about doing so would be helpful.

The focus next season needs to be trying to get Moise Kean minutes from this angle.

I think we would be able to point at players in the team who have been signed u21 and are now playing at a high level e.g Holgate, DCL and Richarlison.

These guys are going to be 17 at the beginning of the window and playing regularly for their teams. They will want a pathway into the first team and we can easily provide that along with the money they could make elsewhere.

Imagine, they could be getting mins with us and still not be 21 for 4 seasons. Basically perfect hungry young players we can develop under Ancelotti.

As for Kean, hes only just turned 20 and I think with a pre season he will be getting a lot more minutes behind DCL and Richarlison. In recent cameos he has looked a different player than we saw at the beginning of the season.

The issue i see aside from enticing these types is that we do also need players to push us into the european places and may not have enough cash to splash around for everything.

However Moshiri has said Higher transfer fees and lower salaries and thats exactly what we would be getting + Camavinga/Bellingham would make much more sense than a £100k a week Delph.

I think we will see deflationary pressure on the market this summer (particularly in the UK) which overall could be a good thing for us.

We have been linked with Sangare before and I could see us doing that deal, not sure why Barca would. As for the other 2, Camavinga and Bellingham I suspect are out of our range now which is a shame.
Deflationary pressure.we are linked in one report with John McGinn from Villa. Says Villa will demand £50 million.

Deflationary pressure.we are linked in one report with John McGinn from Villa. Says Villa will demand £50 million.
He is a good player (when fit) strong in the middle, also gets forward and scores a few but £50m sounds a lot imo. I'm not sure they would get that if they ended up going down (if/when the season starts again)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back