Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd have Shaqiri from the RS if the price was right, about 15 million.

Loads will pretend that he's an absolute donkey, just like the last time he became available only to end up being signed by a certain Jurgen Klopp.

He's 28 and we need a right winger. Got loads of talent imo, and is only being kept out by Salah.

At 15 million he'd be great value for money imo.

Buying 2 players who have never played in the league is a risk and its likely neither will have any resale, but if Carlo wants them both, I'm all for backing our managers, its a stance I've never changed
Sure, back Carlo absolutely. Doesn't that make Brands superfluous tho? What's the point of Brands if we are targeting and getting who Carlo wants?

Sure, back Carlo absolutely. Doesn't that make Brands superfluous tho? What's the point of Brands if we are targeting and getting who Carlo wants?

Not at all.

Just cos Carlo wants them it doesn't mean Brands disagrees, there will be players Carlo brings to the table, 1s that hes worked with, had a good relationship with and trusts to put the effort in. The players will have been scouted, Brands will have done his back up checks and then its up to Brands to get the deal done.

Its Brands job to improve the squad, he will take suggestions from Carlo, from his scouting team and probably Moshiri, plus he will have a few ideas of his own, its up to him to determine if the player is suitable for what we need.

Its also Brands job to move on players we don't need, 8 or 9 players so far, with many more to come.

People see nothing happening and assume Brands is just sitting on his hands, there is nobody working harder than him currently.

So no, Brands is not superfluous.

My hope with our apparent obsession with getting a new centre back is that we are planning to get a new CB to partner Thiago Silva, which would then allow us to sell Keane and Mina for about 50 million.

If we had been successful with Gabriel, that would have left us with Gabriel, Silva, Holgate and Branthwaite as our four centre backs, which would have been a massive improvement, and also brought in another 50 million to spend from selling Keane and Mina.

Hopefully we still have the same idea, but we need to find an alternative to Gabriel now. Otherwise, I don't see why we are obsessing over centre backs.

I was thinking this as well. Silva + Gabriel in with Mina and Keane out.

Looks alot stronger with Holgate, Branthwaite and Gibson all there as well competing.

Also very attractive for Gabriel to play alongside Silva.

Snag is we would need the ins/outs done immediately or too much change in the centre of defence.

Shaquiri is the Swiss Ryan Fraser mate.

Im not gona harp on about it. I’m not in love with him and it’s unlikely to happen, but he’s much better than the likes of Iwobi and Bernard, and he’d improve our right hand side considerably imo.

I can remember everyone acting like he was worse than John Oster on Ket the other year, only for him to end up at Liverpool. Mad innit.

Not at all.

Just cos Carlo wants them it doesn't mean Brands disagrees, there will be players Carlo brings to the table, 1s that hes worked with, had a good relationship with and trusts to put the effort in. The players will have been scouted, Brands will have done his back up checks and then its up to Brands to get the deal done.

Its Brands job to improve the squad, he will take suggestions from Carlo, from his scouting team and probably Moshiri, plus he will have a few ideas of his own, its up to him to determine if the player is suitable for what we need.

Its also Brands job to move on players we don't need, 8 or 9 players so far, with many more to come.

People see nothing happening and assume Brands is just sitting on his hands, there is nobody working harder than him currently.

So no, Brands is not superfluous.
Absolutely this, as if there's no communication between a manager and his DOF! That's absolutely absurd, and probably proven wrong simply by Richarlison who was more than likely a Silva influenced signing.

I'd have Shaqiri from the RS if the price was right, about 15 million.

Loads will pretend that he's an absolute donkey, just like the last time he became available only to end up being signed by a certain Jurgen Klopp.

He's 28 and we need a right winger. Got loads of talent imo, and is only being kept out by Salah.

At 15 million he'd be great value for money imo.

They'll want about £25-30m and probably get it knowing them.

Also there's just the little issue of the fact he's a absolute head case. Too the point that inter had him on loan with a mandatory buy clause in his contract and still tried to send him back to bayern. When bayern knocked them back they had to sell him the same transfer window they actually bought him to stoke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back