Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
My hope with our apparent obsession with getting a new centre back is that we are planning to get a new CB to partner Thiago Silva, which would then allow us to sell Keane and Mina for about 50 million.

If we had been successful with Gabriel, that would have left us with Gabriel, Silva, Holgate and Branthwaite as our four centre backs, which would have been a massive improvement, and also brought in another 50 million to spend from selling Keane and Mina.

Hopefully we still have the same idea, but we need to find an alternative to Gabriel now. Otherwise, I don't see why we are obsessing over centre backs.

Except for the fact that it wouldn't mate. You seem to be forgetting the transfer fee for Gabriel or the other CB we bring in. The £50 million generated would be cut by that. Unless I am misunderstanding you.

Except for the fact that it wouldn't mate. You seem to be forgetting the transfer fee for Gabriel or the other CB we bring in. The £50 million generated would be cut by that. Unless I am misunderstanding you.

I don't believe that this current obsession in signing a new CB is dependent on us selling Keane or Mina. I don't think we need to sell to buy. But purchasing a new CB, and also bringing Silva in on a free, would then give us the opportunity to cash in on Keane and Mina, which would bring in circa 50 million, and could then be spent however we want, probably on other areas of the pitch.

Last edited:
Does anyone think Carlo sees a new CB as allowing Mason to push into DM? He'll see him in training everyday and have looked at his potential for making that step forward.

Gabriel, Allan and Hojberg, it could be said we wouldn't have bought both Holjberg AND Allan.

Who was the 4th?
Well, we had almost certainly bid for both midfielders.
Everton, didn’t we bid fir him but he chose benfica
Maybe even the 18 mil fir the real lb too, though I cannot recall much confirmation on that one

Basically, we are bowling round like we have cash.

Well, we had almost certainly bid for both midfielders.
Everton, didn’t we bid fir him but he chose benfica
Maybe even the 18 mil fir the real lb too, though I cannot recall much confirmation on that one

Basically, we are bowling round like we have cash.
You said 3 to 4 confirmed bids, none of the bids have been confirmed.

Most sourced people said we were bidding for Holjberg, but other than that the rest is mostly media rumours.

I mean nobody decent has even confirmed our Allan bids yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back