Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
What isn't random is teams making it in the CL haphazardly. Yes teams do jump up but they do it with a sustainable squad more often than not. Which is all to say we shouldn't be making short term signings yet or really ever.
No, Big ig.
There's a balance of potential vs experience that has to be struck. Carlo knows Allan better than me or you ever will, if he deems Allan to have experience and quality then we go get Allan.

We should definitely get a younger midfielder or two to partner him though.

No, Big ig.
There's a balance of potential vs experience that has to be struck. Carlo knows Allan better than me or you ever will, if he deems Allan to have experience and quality then we go get Allan.

Carlo could know him better than his wife I don't think it is the correct use of 30m

No, Big ig.

You build a base, then add to the base.

Allan would allow us to buy a few punts without the pressure needed.

No, Big ig.

CbBGt3BWcAAEhT8.jpg

We need this please Carlo

No, Big ig.

Gbamin would hopefully be one of these once fit.

I'm still an advocate for getting Thiago Silva on a free for a couple of years. He's still playing champions League football, brings a great attitude and amount of winning experience to the dressing room. He could teach Mina, Holgate and Braithwaite so much, meaning that when he eventually leaves in a couple years were set for CB options

My hope with our apparent obsession with getting a new centre back is that we are planning to get a new CB to partner Thiago Silva, which would then allow us to sell Keane and Mina for about 50 million.

If we had been successful with Gabriel, that would have left us with Gabriel, Silva, Holgate and Branthwaite as our four centre backs, which would have been a massive improvement, and also brought in another 50 million to spend from selling Keane and Mina.

Hopefully we still have the same idea, but we need to find an alternative to Gabriel now. Otherwise, I don't see why we are obsessing over centre backs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back