Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing at all mate just reflecting on the way we go about transfers.
You do realize we are a tougher sell at the moment. I hate their guts but they've won things recently and have CL football to offer. Not to mention we need to shift alot of our dross first which is difficult as been previously mentioned, why would plays like sandor take pay cuts to move elsewhere when they can just cash in here

How on Earth do you think we couldn't afford 200k/w (i really doubt we could honestly) but BENFICA could??

Not saying Benfica will be paying that. I'd imagine they'll be paying him circa 130-150k p/week if he signs, or with a lot of hefty bonuses to take it up to that with a lower salary.

However, if he were to come here, there'd be the Premier League premium (so yes, him and / or his agent would demand more money), plus the fact that he'd be dropping down a far way from PSG, so again, he'd probably want more compensation for that

Thiago Silva, even for the season, would be the best centre back that most of us have ever seen in a blue shirt.
We're talking world class level. If you don't think a current CL Semi-Finalist centre back would improve us then I don't know what people have been watching.
Genuinely think people under-appreciate the difference in level between CL teams and us. Most CL teams from most of the top countries will absolutely wipe the floor with us. Lyon, RBL included. We're that far off. PSG would utterly embarrass us.

He's exactly the calibre and profile of player we need to come in and change the rotten, losing, small time culture of the club.
Thiago Silva isn't going to come in and through his aura or something suddenly make us win things. He's a CB not a wizard.

At no point did I say he would.
Thiago Silva, even for the season, would be the best centre back that most of us have ever seen in a blue shirt.
We're talking world class level. If you don't think a current CL Semi-Finalist centre back would improve us then I don't know what people have been watching.
Genuinely think people under-appreciate the difference in level between CL teams and us. Most CL teams from most of the top countries will absolutely wipe the floor with us. Lyon, RBL included. We're that far off. PSG would utterly embarrass us.

He's exactly the calibre and profile of player we need to come in and change the rotten, losing, small time culture of the club.
He isn't going to do that in a year. That's what I was talking about. And you did say it.

You do realize we are a tougher sell at the moment. I hate their guts but they've won things recently and have CL football to offer. Not to mention we need to shift alot of our dross first which is difficult as been previously mentioned, why would plays like sandor take pay cuts to move elsewhere when they can just cash in here
I agree completely. We are in an awful position trying to get out players that no one else wants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back