Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be a masterstroke to get a loan for Allan with an option to buy.

If we could pull that off then possibly also Dalot and Lozano as well.

Pickford
Dalot Mina Holgate Digne
Lozano Allan Gomes Iwobi
Richarlison DCL

The massive weak link would still be Gomes/Iwobi in the left two midfield positions. Three starters joining and still looking weak in the first eleven...not to mention suicidal defending if Keane gets on the pitch.

Quite amazing really.

I get the feeling CA values Walcott far higher than Iwobi. I can see him moving to a diamond formation actually given the paucity of our wide options. Gbamin holding (when fit) Allan Gomes ahead of him and then a position for someone like a Lozano. Gordon could cover across three positions also.

I think zouma would make sense, he knows the club, the players, some of the coaching staff. He performed well for us.
I can see him being relatively cheap for us, 15m
He definitely wouldn’t be the worst shout in the world. However, I would much rather we sorted CM and RB first. We can make do with our existing resources at CB.

I get the feeling CA values Walcott far higher than Iwobi. I can see him moving to a diamond formation actually given the paucity of our wide options. Gbamin holding (when fit) Allan Gomes ahead of him and then a position for someone like a Lozano. Gordon could cover across three positions also.

I think it would be VERY interesting to see the reactions if we signed Allan, Lozano, Dalot on loan and Thiago Silva on a free. No incoming permanent deals.

If we did something like that i would be quite happy that we had kept our powder dry and be totally fine with a diamond / 3 / 4 or whatever in the midfield. Thats because it would be prudent and the number of players out of contract in the next two summers gives us great opportunity.

With the diamond i agree that Gbamin and Allan would massively benefit as the space would be condensed. Gomes would have added protection and Iwobi and Gordon may also relish the number 10 role. Walcott of course is out of contract in 12months time.

I think we lack a top class centre back next to Holgate + another Digne on the right + a general in midfield and a match winner on the right.

Lets hope Ancelotti and Brands can work some magic soon.

Our problem is trimming the squad before we sign new players . Difficulty is that the players we want to shift won’t go until deadline day as nobody wants them but may take as a last resort . We need to focus on the midfield as that is where we are very weak . No point blaming brands here as he has a difficult job at the moment and covid has certainly not helped . I am still confident we will make some progress though as Carlo wouldn’t of come to us without some commitment to spend ... here’s hoping !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back